Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Hi Carl, At first I thought this was a joke or something, but now I am wondering to what a...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Hi Carl,

At first I thought this was a joke or something, but now I am wondering to what are we saying no or yes to? You mean for anything?

Could you please give some examples?
--hide--
Hi Cindy, I was going to ask him the same question. It would be helpful for him to be specific.
Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: Some security expert I think on "Oprah" made an interesting comment: When a m...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

Some security expert I think on "Oprah" made an interesting comment:

When a man says "no" it's the end of the conversation. When a woman says "no" it's the beginning of a negotiation.

No truer words were ever spoken!

--hide--

Hmmm...that's interesting. I know there a certain situations too but pretty much for me no means no. Yes means yes.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Only to men who don't listen.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Only to men who don't listen.

--hide--

I don't know if it's that they don't listen, but rather, they don't respect your answer. They want to control you. I've experienced that plenty of times. Years ago at work, I was "offered" an assignment that they wanted a female to take. The assignment wasn't attractive and I know certain men and women who turned it down before me. When I said, "no", I was not left alone. I was told I would never get offered anything else, it would hurt my career, yadda, yadda....They kept coming after me (male supervisors). I had to get my union involved for them to back off.

I remember being at a party when I was in my 20s when an older gentleman started showing an interest. He taught me a dance and I thanked him. He asked for my number and I said, "oh no.." He kept saying, "I don't bite." He wanted to walk me to my car and when I said, "no thank you." He grabbed my wrist and started walking!! Another guy kept asking me to go out. (He was persistent and a foreign guy, he could have been after a green card)I said I had a boyfriend..He said, "oh he won't mind if we go out as friends." Huh???!! I said "oh yes he would." Finally, he gave up.

I ordered concert tickets through Tickemaster. The MALE operator wanted to send me some magazine. I said, "no I get enough magazines," He kept saying over and over again, "yeah but it's free." I thought, maybe he'll give me bad seats if I don't say yes. I foolishly said, "well if it's free." The magazine comes in the mail, thank heavens I read the small print. If I didn't call to cancel they would automatically charge my credit card. I canceled it right away. And learned a lesson...If I was man, I bet the operator would have given up after the first "no." I'd bet money on that.

Apr 28th 2013 new

scratchchin

Apr 28th 2013 new

scratchchin

Apr 28th 2013 new

So you're saying no. But if no might mean yes....... scratchchin

Apr 28th 2013 new

What?

Apr 28th 2013 new

How did you know about my interest in scuba?

Apr 28th 2013 new

Whereas I can't wait. My friend dives at GA Aquarium in ATL. I want to join him on a tank dive in the near future. Plus, he and the club travel to Charleston for dives periodically.

Apr 28th 2013 new

Actually, it was based on an old Benny Hill clip, where he asks the question, and the lady says "No", and he pauses wondering what she really means. Funny how quickly the conversation got serious, though.

Posts 41 - 50 of 64