Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 28th 2013 new

When I say no I do mean no and when I say let me think about it means it could go either way.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: So you're saying no. But if no might mean yes.......
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

So you're saying no. But if no might mean yes.......

--hide--

For me No always means No. Simple.

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Actually, it was based on an old Benny Hill clip, where he asks the question, and the lady says "No", a...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Actually, it was based on an old Benny Hill clip, where he asks the question, and the lady says "No", and he pauses wondering what she really means. Funny how quickly the conversation got serious, though.

--hide--

laughing Thanks Carl, that is what I initially thought.
Apr 29th 2013 new

Carl,

I think the real answer to your real question can be found in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. If you have not read the book read it. Or watch the movie (if you do both watch the movie first) but I recommend the book as it will give you a better idea of what I mean.)

Stop reading if you don't want spoilers.......

Still here? Here we go! There are three gents in the book who show interest in our heroine, Elizabeth. Gentleman A is charming, wonderful and delightful, and Elizabeth's initial answer to his advances is yes. Unfortunately the gent is really a con artist and a cad, and her yes turns to no when the truth comes out. Gentleman B is eager and honest but also a odious bore. Her answer is no and remains no. Gentleman C appears to be a stuck up jerk, but actually has a giving and generous heart. Her intial answer is no, but he works to change her mind, not by words but by changing his actions and dying to himself. Of course they eventually fall in love and live happily ever after.

The point is that yes does mean yes, and no does mean no, and maybe does mean maybe. But if she has you misjudged show her by your actions who you truly are and let her know by those actions how you truly feel...and who knows? You might live happily ever after... biggrin clap

If that was not actually your real question, well then I hope it was at least enlightening!

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: My 'no' means just that. NO. My 'yes' means ju...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

My 'no' means just that. NO.

My 'yes' means just that. YES.

My "maybe' means what Elizabeth explains above. MAYBE. (I need to think about it and will let you know my final answer later.)

It's really simple. Don't assume a different answer is in my head. Stick with my factual words, not your imaginary desired reply.

OF COURSE - (this is where it can get tricky) - as a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time, too. But IF I do, I WILL let you know my new decision at that time.

Gotta love the English language: no / know, their / there / they're, hear / here, etc - those are all confusing.

No / Yes = not confusing.

--hide--

This is why I love Mary. hug
Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: No means No and yes means yes.... it is spelled differently and means the opposite. ...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

No means No and yes means yes.... it is spelled differently and means the opposite.

--hide--

So no means the opposite of no ? smile

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: (Quote) Julie-42315 said:...When a woman says "no" it's the beginni...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Quote:
Julie-42315 said:...When a woman says "no" it's the beginning of a negotiation.

Only to men who don't listen.

--hide--

Isn't that just about all men ? smile

Apr 29th 2013 new

Sadly, that is almost true. And it explains why many are single.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Only to men who don't listen.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Only to men who don't listen.

--hide--

Being older than most of you (all of you?) I remember a time when this kind of game actually did exist. Women did say "no" to the question he is really hinting at, when in fact they intended to go along with the program eventually, and said no at first to signal that despite where it was going, they were really nice girls. During those long ago, lost but not lamented, days, if a man persisted long enough, he could get a yes.
Sometime during ths 60's women as a result of the movement that so many women disavow but have benefited, "no" actually became "no" whenever it was said, especially legally. There was a time when a man could get away in court with the "I thought she really meant yes" defense if it ever got into court in the first place. That day is long gone, and a young man would be wise if he wants to progress in his relationship with a young woman to know that today "no" means "no" . I think there are some young women who would like to play that old game. Now we call them sociapaths, and young men would be wise to avoid them...for all kinds of reasons!

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: How did you know about my interest in scuba?
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

How did you know about my interest in scuba?

--hide--
Well, it's not in your profile, so just a lucky guess maybe?
Posts 51 - 60 of 64