Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 29th 2013 new

I think there is a similar one with George Burns and Gracie at the end of one of their shows.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Yes, this true, as I was just kidding before, but really Naomi, can you give some examples as to...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Yes, this true, as I was just kidding before, but really Naomi, can you give some examples as to what happened in a court case? I just never heard of this, or can't think of one now.

--hide--

Rape cases.

There have been cases where the man has walked away free because the jury beleived the woman actually meant "yes" when she said no based on previous checked sexual history.

I'm well aware I have a sense of humour, but I find nothing amusing about this thread because of the dark connotations behind the "well, she actually meant yes".

Apr 29th 2013 new

Well, that was not the intent. It was sent in a humorous sense.

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--

Carl, I think Webster's dictionary refers to no as a negative and yes a positive. When in doubt think of the minus and plus symbols.

Just saying...no is no.

Eileen
Posts 61 - 64 of 64