Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 28th 2013 new

I love animals, and when we lived on the farm we had several. I just adopted a dog from the shelter a few months ago and she is a jewel. She even came house-broken. I still miss my "Jake" (the one in my picture), but Penney is pretty special too she is definitely a keeper.

Apr 28th 2013 new

I have two dogs, Rusty and Butterball, who are litter mates and then I have one cat named Adeline. We have also had gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs and rats, yes rats -- when I was kid his name was Ratongi and the one my son bought for his youngest sister was named Leonard. We have had birds -- parakeets, canaries, cockatoos (sp) and a dove. We have had over the years many dogs and cats. My son also had several snakes, one of which we had to babysit for several weeks. We have had hermit crabs, fish, snails, a baby mole for a few days and also a baby armadillo for a few days. One house we lived in, had for years and years evidently been a favorite place for possums and despite their very persistent attempts to join the menagerie I was able to eventually persuade them to go away. My sister and brother have had and do have horses, and my brother had a cow that came running like a dog whenever my brother whistled. We also had two pigs, Pork chop and Bacon. And, my sister had a potbellied pig that became huge and was named Hambo.

I can't imagine life without pets. And, all pets have some personality lol. Leonard the rat, was at first not my favorite critter, but the little guy earned my affection. When I would come home from work he would get so excited and run to the corner of his cage nearest the doorway and wait until I came over and talked to him and he'd stick his little paw out for me to touch. . .yep I miss Leonard.

Apr 28th 2013 new

I'm a dog lover, always have been. I grew up with at least 2 in the house at all times. Got allergy shots for 5 years in order to keep my own two dogs in my own house once I moved out. I'm down to one dog now (my first non-rescue, a 'small' dog, a 13# Havanese, a non-shedder) - everyone who meets him adores him. He's become the mascot at our Indy CM gatherings - that dog can work a room like nobody's business! laughing laughing laughing

Jan 2011 with Max a few months after I adopted him!  I just adore dogs!

"Jan 2011 with Max a few months after I adopted him..."

Here's Brother Maximus - he took 2nd Place in the 2011 CM Catholic Pet contest!  I know, what a looker, huh?  He's kind of the C

"Here's Brother Maximus - he took 2nd Place in the ..."

Apr 29th 2013 new

A short-haired dog about the size of a cat?

Apr 29th 2013 new

Not a pet person. I'm uneasy with animals and they are uneasy with me. Besides, anything longer than 5 minutes in PETCO and my allergies kick in.

That said, I guess I will be stuck with the three rabbits when everyone goes off to college.....

I've done the "love me, love my dog" thang. It wasn't a lot of fun. Next time, I hope the subject doesn't come up.

Apr 29th 2013 new

Pets! I live with the family right now, and we have three cats and a golden retriever, one of the cats is my little Siamese mix. She's a little terror and I have no idea how I lived without her. She'll tear up a paper bag one minute and fall asleep in your lap the next.

If that didn't give it away, definitely a cat person, though I do love our dog too. I just like the independence of the cats. It's a habit I picked up from Dad.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: What do you like or do not like as pets?
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

What do you like or do not like as pets?

--hide--

I own the WORLDS cutest Sheltie (I'm not biased, the facts are the facts wink ) so I'm a dog person (though I prefer the smaller breeds). What I love about my little guy:

1) He forces me to get out for a walk every day. He has a way of reminding me if I haven't taken him, and won't quit until I do (the excercise is a good thing)

2) If you talk to yourself while walking you run the risk of being met half-way with men in white coats. When you're walking a dog, you never have to worry about that, because you're not talking to yourself, you're talking to the dog!

3) My dog (in fact all dogs I've met) are amazing at keeping secrets! I've told my dog things I've never told any human being, and to this day he has NEVER repeated any of it. I trust him with some of my secrets more then I would trust anyone else! No matter what I tell him he just wags his tail and is happy to listen. scratchchin shhh That said he hasn't offered a lot of solutions to what I've said! sorry laughing rolling eyes

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: I don't like the shedding but I would put out up with it for the love of the dog! They probabl...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

I don't like the shedding but I would put out up with it for the love of the dog! They probably don't like my shedding either.

--hide--

My attitude is if you don't want dog fur on your socks, don't come in the house! I do keep my little guy off the sofa (at his request really laughing) so generally speaking its safe to sit down ... just not safe to walk. shhh laughing

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: What do you like or do not like as pets?

--hide--

Dogs, dogs, dogs! I've always had dogs & can't imagine life without them. I'm a big proponent of rescues & often volunteer with them and/or transport for them. My breed of choice is Dobermans (and currently have 1), but due to a failed foster I also have an American Bulldog, Cattle dog and perhaps Pitbull mix.

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I love dogs but since I live in an appartment I have a kitten. She is nine months old and when I got her ...

I love dogs but since I live in an appartment I have a kitten. She is nine months old and when I got her she was only two months and two pounds. She has grown fast but she is still very much a kitten.

--hide--

Love pets.
Posts 11 - 20 of 31