Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 01 new
I lived in the country for a couple of years and tried every farm pet I could get...I loved it. We had a horse, milk cow, geese, chickens, pig, goats, dogs, cat, and guineas. It tied me down quite a bit though.

In the city, indoors, I only have a dog and don't want a cat although they are okay. The only other 'pets' I might be interested in at this time in my life would be an aquarium with dwarf (swimming) frogs and ghost shrimp. They are so entertaining to watch and, of course, an aquarium can be quite beautiful.
May 01 new

Dogs are my favourite.

Just stay outside

May 01 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I have two dogs, Rusty and Butterball, who are litter mates and then I have one cat named Adelin...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I have two dogs, Rusty and Butterball, who are litter mates and then I have one cat named Adeline. We have also had gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs and rats, yes rats -- when I was kid his name was Ratongi and the one my son bought for his youngest sister was named Leonard. We have had birds -- parakeets, canaries, cockatoos (sp) and a dove. We have had over the years many dogs and cats. My son also had several snakes, one of which we had to babysit for several weeks. We have had hermit crabs, fish, snails, a baby mole for a few days and also a baby armadillo for a few days. One house we lived in, had for years and years evidently been a favorite place for possums and despite their very persistent attempts to join the menagerie I was able to eventually persuade them to go away. My sister and brother have had and do have horses, and my brother had a cow that came running like a dog whenever my brother whistled. We also had two pigs, Pork chop and Bacon. And, my sister had a potbellied pig that became huge and was named Hambo.

I can't imagine life without pets. And, all pets have some personality lol. Leonard the rat, was at first not my favorite critter, but the little guy earned my affection. When I would come home from work he would get so excited and run to the corner of his cage nearest the doorway and wait until I came over and talked to him and he'd stick his little paw out for me to touch. . .yep I miss Leonard.

--hide--
Lauren I LOVE rats. I haven't read thru all the posts yet but needed to say this. I posted about rats a few months ago in another dog vs cat thread and a few members nearly had a heart attact. Yup...domestic pet rats are great. Now city su bway ones.....not so eyepopping wide eyed

May 01 new
Geckos are cute. I don't know about having one but, when I visited Florida I was fascinated by them. They were resting on the sides of buildings. They are actually pretty.
May 01 new
I'm allergic to cats but have had them. we have one diva dog. tomorrow makes two years that i lost my soul doggy. i also have birds.
May 01 new
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I love dogs but since I live in an appartment I have a kitten. She is nine months old and when I got her ...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

I love dogs but since I live in an appartment I have a kitten. She is nine months old and when I got her she was only two months and two pounds. She has grown fast but she is still very much a kitten.

What do you like or do not like as pets?

--hide--
Birdies....umbrella cockatoo....to be exact. Mine loves dancing to lady gaga.
May 01 new
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Birdies....umbrella cockatoo....to be exact. Mine loves dancing to lady gaga.
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Birdies....umbrella cockatoo....to be exact. Mine loves dancing to lady gaga.
--hide--

laughing
May 02 new

(Quote) Rhonda-45054 said: Carol have you ever thought of volunteering for the rescue. Also there are Italian greyhounds that are s...
(Quote) Rhonda-45054 said: Carol have you ever thought of volunteering for the rescue. Also there are Italian greyhounds that are smaller and great for smaller living quarters.
--hide--
Italian greyhounds are beautiful!

May 02 new

I have a little toy poodle and I love him and we adore each other. wink

May 02 new

(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I love dogs but since I live in an appartment I have a kitten. She is nine months old and wh...
(Quote) Bernadette-363720 said:

I love dogs but since I live in an appartment I have a kitten. She is nine months old and when I got her she was only two months and two pounds. She has grown fast but she is still very much a kitten.

What do you like or do not like as pets?

--hide--

I like cats and dogs....I don't know a lot about birds, but I like them, too....a future spouse would have to be an animal lover also.

Posts 21 - 30 of 31