Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Men If you told a woman you liked her and then said,

"I'm quite passionate..."

What would you mean? wink

Apr 28 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Men If you told a woman you liked her and then said,"I'm quite passionate...&quo...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

What would you mean?

--hide--

I see that statement (or "I'm very affectionate") in profiles quite often. scratchchin

The impression my other single friends and I get - most of the time (NOT ALL, don't anyone throw a hissy) - they are looking for sex as an active part of the relationship rather quickly. That they consider themselves to be "Don Juan" eyebrow hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hersheyskiss laughing

Men - enlighten us, please. Don't be afraid to tell me we're misinterpreting it more often than not.

Apr 28 new

yeah it seems to say to me that "I'm a great kisser/lover and you will be physically satisfied" this is something that could be discussed when you have become engaged or in your stages of wedding planning. Because you are bound to talk about all kinds of things when you hit that stage. Because we are a gift to each other and should leave the opening to that time. If you love each other it will all fall into place.

Apr 28 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Men If you told a woman you liked her and then said,
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

What would you mean?

I see that statement (or "I'm very affectionate") in profiles quite often.

The impression my other single friends and I get - most of the time (NOT ALL, don't anyone throw a hissy) - they are looking for sex as an active part of the relationship rather quickly. That they consider themselves to be "Don Juan"

Men - enlighten us, please. Don't be afraid to tell me we're misinterpreting it more often than not.

--hide--

Yes, when I read this in somebody's profile I get the same impression, and some express it more than others. It is like reading between the lines.

On the other hand I know many who express that they have a passion for art, or music, and even with this you can tell the difference of where a person is coming from.
Apr 28 new
Could be that both of you ladies are right and guys mean a quick desire for sexuality. However, especially on this site I think it is often meant that someone likes to show affection openly. Wordly, this would mean sex. "Catholically" - I also often say this - it means that we show our affection in words and maybe also in kisses etcetera, and would like a girl to be able to receive and return such affection. Take it not as an obsession or something, but as an opposite to some other relationships that would be rather cold, both partners being afraid to tell or show the other that they love each other. This might go faithwise as well, faith with more "heart" than "mind".
Apr 28 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Men If you told a woman you liked her and then s...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

What would you mean?

I see that statement (or "I'm very affectionate") in profiles quite often.

The impression my other single friends and I get - most of the time (NOT ALL, don't anyone throw a hissy) - they are looking for sex as an active part of the relationship rather quickly. That they consider themselves to be "Don Juan"

--hide--

The man who said this to me said it about 30 years ago and I made the assumption that sex was on his mind. I think he was a good man and he was also not sure how to discuss whatever he was trying to discuss.... I am not certain exactly and wish I had been more bold and just asked him instead of avoidant back then.

Apr 28 new

(Quote) Frank-901618 said: Could be that both of you ladies are right and guys mean a quick desire for sexuality. However, especial...
(Quote) Frank-901618 said: Could be that both of you ladies are right and guys mean a quick desire for sexuality. However, especially on this site I think it is often meant that someone likes to show affection openly. Wordly, this would mean sex. "Catholically" - I also often say this - it means that we show our affection in words and maybe also in kisses etcetera, and would like a girl to be able to receive and return such affection. Take it not as an obsession or something, but as an opposite to some other relationships that would be rather cold, both partners being afraid to tell or show the other that they love each other. This might go faithwise as well, faith with more "heart" than "mind".
--hide--

This was about25 years ago and the man was from Britain. I give him credit for being blunt but assume it meant something about desire for sex. Not that that is a bad thing to have. I think this was a great topic to bring up and see what the men say. I think in all honesty he was saying what many men might say if they thought it was ok....?

Apr 28 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: yeah it seems to say to me that "I'm a great kisser/lover and you will be physically sati...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

yeah it seems to say to me that "I'm a great kisser/lover and you will be physically satisfied" this is something that could be discussed when you have become engaged or in your stages of wedding planning. Because you are bound to talk about all kinds of things when you hit that stage. Because we are a gift to each other and should leave the opening to that time. If you love each other it will all fall into place.

--hide--

The man who said it was "unchurched" so it is hard to know precisely where he was coming from but probably comeing from a general masculine thought process. I wish I had been more bold. But I was shy.

Apr 28 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: yeah it seems to say to me that "I'm a great kisser/lover and you will be physically sati...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

--hide--

I think it would have been nice if it had been a more personal statement. I think most women might take note of that if they were told this.

Apr 28 new

They like to so affection or cuddle.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13