Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

No answer

Apr 28th 2013 new

I joined this site about a week ago. At first I was quite optimistic, but now I am getting more and more frustrated.

It is because quite often I send chat invitations out to women who are online, but they don't reply, though.

It is the same with the winks and smiles I have been sending out so far.

What am I doing wrong ?

Any advice from you is appreciated.

Apr 28th 2013 new

As a general rule, I do not accept chats from guys who haven't viewed my profile (or are significantly younger/older than me) and I'll be feeling very daring if I accept a chat from someone I haven't exchanged emotes or messages with. This is because in the cases where I have accepted random chats, we've been grasping at straws for something to talk about.

As for smiles and winks, I used to send out a lot, but stopped when I wasn't getting a response. I then took a look at what I liked to see in a first time message - someone generally around my age who mentioned something that I had placed in my profile without getting too personal, ie, "I see you're interested in X, I'm interested in X, too!" then go on about why you're interested in it.

Apr 28th 2013 new

Hi Otto,

Welcome to the site.

As far as what you are doing wrong?? If we could answer that one we would be so rich :-)).

I have no problem accepting a chat. According to one of my friends its one of my weaknesses :-), I talk to everyone lol, which has in the past led us into some interesting situations, but I digress :-). I also try to respond in kind to emotes within a few days of receiving it, sometimes they slip by me and Irealize its been longer so I spend a few minutes catching up.

Just hang in there, spend some time in the forums being a bit more visible, then when someone sees your chat request they might be more amenable to answering because you won't seem as much like a stranger. And, there are the usual warnings about showing to be on but you are actually logged off, or being logged on but actually away from the computer, etc.

Lauren

Apr 28th 2013 new
Otto,

Not everyone likes to do the chat function. If you try emotes first, you might get a better response. Also, it depends on where one is located. I know that usually, I kind of stick to USA Catholic men, simply because I cannot afford to travel overseas.

Good luck!
Apr 28th 2013 new
Hi Otto, A few things about chat-- I have learned it cannot be done from a mobile device, so I may be online, but did not get your invite, or couldn't respond anyway. Second, anyone may forget to log out, so they seem to be on line when they are not. A chat to me generally presumes there have been a few exchanges about basics, but since it requires staying at the computer then it may not always be convenient. Patience is key on this site. Welcome, and good luck
Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Otto-965182 said: I joined this site about a week ago. At first I was quite optimistic, but now I am getting more an...
(Quote) Otto-965182 said:

I joined this site about a week ago. At first I was quite optimistic, but now I am getting more and more frustrated.

It is because quite often I send chat invitations out to women who are online, but they don't reply, though.

What am I doing wrong ?

--hide--
Otto Your not the only one (thinking) this way; (try) and be patient; on this site; Also Welcome to the Forums; keep readin the thread/ posts; and Jump in (with both feet)! I wish ya Luck Mike "Peace"!! Ps: Otto CM os havin a event in your country; Maybe you can join them too.

Apr 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Otto-965182 said: I joined this site about a week ago. At first I was quite optimistic, but now I am getting more and more frustra...

What am I doing wrong ?

--hide--

Welcome, Otto. I personally would not respond to an initial emote of a wink or an initial contact of a chat invite. I prefer messaging for awhile so I can get to know people first. An initial wink for me is like being asked out on a date the minute you see someone at a place. They don't anything at all about me and vice versa so it feels offensive even though you don't mean it that way...

As far as the smiles, give it time and actively involve yourself in a variety of subjects on the fora.
Apr 28th 2013 new

Chat is creepy, IMHO. I hate it.

Making "conversation" with a complete stranger is difficult. AND, it's a common way for a "scammer" to try to get acquainted.

Most ladies want to exchange some emails first. Send emoticons. Make sure to add messages to them -- no blanks. If a lady replies, send her a real message. Don't suggest chat until several messages have gone back and forth.

Bear in mind, too, if the other person is in the USA (or NZ, AUS, etc.) the time difference can make chat really inconvenient. You are going to supper when I am at lunch, you are eating breakfast when it's past my bedtime.

Good luck!

Apr 28th 2013 new

I personally don't like chat.... would rather exchange a few messages at first. It seems less intrusive to me ....

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Otto-965182 said: I joined this site about a week ago. At first I was quite optimistic, but now I am getting more an...

What am I doing wrong ?

--hide--

HAPPY FIRST POST ALERT!! Welcome to the site!!

Some personal insights on handling online dating/love/aggravations and frustrations (been there, done that, have the Tshirt!)

-Don't take things personally
-As a woman, I wouldn't want to have a cold chat with a gent I've never had any previous encounter with.
-Don't give up
-Don't get frustrated
-Just keep trying
-Have fun
-Don't put so much pressure on yourself
-Have a Guinness although I prefer a Bulmers!

My friend Tracy, met a gent on here and married him, his name Liam, his home DUBLIN, IRELAND, she's originally from Texas but moved from Chicago when they met. So..with God all things are possible, she planned a CM Event in 2011, CM Ireland and I had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country, in June, we will be in Italy...check out CM EVENTS for some details!

So, buckle up and enjoy the ride!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 12