Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Richard, God will provide. Put it in His hands. I know you love your Faith and God will give you a Mass to...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Richard, God will provide. Put it in His hands. I know you love your Faith and God will give you a Mass to attend. JMJ

--hide--

Thanks, Meg ... I sure hope things will work out ... But it does have me very concerned and uneasy ...

May 1st 2013 new
However, God never gives us more than we can handle and so it follows He would never leave you without a Sunday Mass you could attend. Even if you can't find one you really like, I am sure He would love the gift of you going for Him, even when it is uncomfortable.
May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: However, God never gives us more than we can handle and so it follows He would never leave you without a S...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: However, God never gives us more than we can handle and so it follows He would never leave you without a Sunday Mass you could attend. Even if you can't find one you really like, I am sure He would love the gift of you going for Him, even when it is uncomfortable.
--hide--

Never thought of it that way .. I am just so lost at times and my church is of great comfort ... So, don't mind saying i am scared that place of refuge might ultimately be gome forever ...

May 1st 2013 new
One young man commented after coming out of a Mass that he found to be less than reverent:

Jesus hung on the Cross in a horrible, unfriendly, disrespectful place. He offered Himself to us there on what tradition terms was the trash dump for Jerusalem.

When we find ourselves in a Mass environment that is not at the top of our preference list, we can know we are standing at the foot of the Cross to be with Christ. It may not feel beautiful but it is of the utmost beauty.

Plus, as one author writes, put yourself inside the Tabernacle with Jesus and there is Comfort; any Catholic Church will offer that to us because Jesus is physically there.

Maybe it will be rough for awhile Richard, but it could be a test of your loyalty to Him and His Church. theheart theheart theheart
May 1st 2013 new

Have you tried different mass times? At my church, one mass is a children's choir mass...so more families. The very early Sunday mass and the 5 vigil are usually elderly and the 5 on Sunday is the teen mass, in between a variety:) If your church has more than one priest than you'll have that difference also.
Good luck and say a little prayer for the Lord to guide you theheart Maybe that church needs you to bring some light to it:)

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Have you tried different mass times? At my church, one mass is a children's choir mass...so more families. T...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Have you tried different mass times? At my church, one mass is a children's choir mass...so more families. The very early Sunday mass and the 5 vigil are usually elderly and the 5 on Sunday is the teen mass, in between a variety:) If your church has more than one priest than you'll have that difference also.
Good luck and say a little prayer for the Lord to guide you Maybe that church needs you to bring some light to it:)

--hide--

That's a great way of looking at it, Laura...bring some light in...
May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: One young man commented after coming out of a Mass that he found to be less than reverent: Jes...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: One young man commented after coming out of a Mass that he found to be less than reverent:

Jesus hung on the Cross in a horrible, unfriendly, disrespectful place. He offered Himself to us there on what tradition terms was the trash dump for Jerusalem.

When we find ourselves in a Mass environment that is not at the top of our preference list, we can know we are standing at the foot of the Cross to be with Christ. It may not feel beautiful but it is of the utmost beauty.

Plus, as one author writes, put yourself inside the Tabernacle with Jesus and there is Comfort; any Catholic Church will offer that to us because Jesus is physically there.

Maybe it will be rough for awhile Richard, but it could be a test of your loyalty to Him and His Church.
--hide--

Unfortunately, in far too many churches today, the tabernacle is so well hidden that it might be difficulet to place oneself mentally in the tabernacle with Christ.

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: One young man commented after coming out of a Mass that he found to be less than reverent: Jes...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: One young man commented after coming out of a Mass that he found to be less than reverent:

Maybe it will be rough for awhile Richard, but it could be a test of your loyalty to Him and His Church.
--hide--

Maybe if I had a nice woman to go to Mass with, things would be OK! (smile)

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I have never been bothered if I am not greeted when I go to a church, as for the priest I try to be ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I have never been bothered if I am not greeted when I go to a church, as for the priest I try to be more attentive these days to what is said, then how he looks. I know a few who may not look happy to be there, but I have come to know that is their personality, and what they have to say is generally good. Wen I'm bothered by the external trait, I try and look away so I'm not distracted thinking about what I wish he did different to not notice what he said.
--hide--

I agree. For me, the most important part of the Mass is the Eucharist. I don't care what the priest looks like or who talks to me. I don't even care if the Mass is in English. I can read the Gospel on my own and seek out homilies and discussions among friends and family ( including nuns and priests in my family) and literature. I am just joyful to receive the Eucharist. Period.

I know that fellowship is very important in strengthening our faith. We can seek this outside of the Mass. Bible study, volunteering in the church and Catholic charities and Christian charities, etc. are other venues to share our values and beliefs. I'm fortunate that all of my closest friends are Catholic, just by chance, or maybe by God's design. I don't feel the need to socialize too much at church.

Just my point of view on the topic.

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I think it is fairly common to be honest Lois. ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I think it is fairly common to be honest Lois. ...

--hide--

Yes, lots of people are honest. smile

Posts 31 - 40 of 63