Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,Wow!! Hard to articulate m...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

Wow!! Hard to articulate my true sentiments. Although I do appreciate your kind remarks, I have read yours, Ray's and several other posters on a regular basis. All of your postsalways boost my spirits and I do love your stories. No one tells them better.

I wish to express thanks to all your wonderful threads. You my friend are the popular one as everything you initiate always draws great interest.

Since it appears the Astros are going to be the doormats of major league baseball, the Rockets look as if they will be eliminated from the playoffs if not tonight then this week so I am ready for the NFL camps to open. I hope the Texans and Cowboys proudly represent our state. I keep hoping for an all Texas Super Bowl but as you may have noticed the first 6 is my age is quickly moving to a 7.

Thank you again for you kind words and thank you for being a special friend on CM.

I pray you are feeling good.

God bless - always,

Leon

Thank you Leon. But YOU are a shining example to all of us. And even though we are close in age....I look up to you!

As for the "ALL TEXAS" Super Bowl; Are you sure you want that? We'd have to root against each other! Besides your Texans have a much better chance than the Dallas Cowboys. And I will always root for them.....as long as they are not playing us!

--hide--

Jerry,

I know it would be hard to root against the Cowboys (only time I do so is when they played the Oilers and Texans), but it is a can't miss. The Super Bowl winner would still be from Texas.....................and that ain't all bad. I have no doubt though the far majority of Texans would root for the Cowboys.

Jerry, thank you again brother for your very kind words. They mean more than you may realize.

Blessings always and may God grant you good health and prosperity in your future.

Praying Praying Praying rosary

Leon

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Eileen,That is fine. Just your p...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Eileen,

That is fine. Just your presence here is thanks enough.

No, not all Texans wear white Stetson hats. The ones I know who do wear them are not necessarily the good guys. Takes much more than wearing a hat for a man to be really a man.

I pray life is good to you and for you.

Blessings always,

Leon

No truer words spoken Leon. I own a white hat that I rarely wear. Do wear the boots on occasion though

--hide--

Jerry,

Periodically, I do like to dress in my western attire but now that I have gotten this age, the boots are hard on my feet. Maybe, I just need to wearing my western duds (hat included) with rubber boots. laughing laughing Think I might get a few stares (and laughs) when I attend the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo? laughing laughing

Take good care of yourself.

God bless you now and always, Praying Praying Praying rosary

Leon

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,Periodically, I do like to dress in my western attire but now that I have go...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

Periodically, I do like to dress in my western attire but now that I have gotten this age, the boots are hard on my feet. Maybe, I just need to wearing my western duds (hat included) with rubber boots. Think I might get a few stares (and laughs) when I attend the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo?

Take good care of yourself.

God bless you now and always,

Leon

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing

Apr 30 new

wave Happy birthday, Leon! Sorry I missed your special day, but those crazies in CM Phoenix had me hog-tied by the pool... wink

May you be blessed all the days of your life, be one with all of us in Christ, and have just enough fun to keep both YOUR LIFE and OURS rolling in laughter and joy this year! hug hersheyskiss clap party pinata Happy Birthday!

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said:...(Mesquite's own Jerry) seemed to enjoy his stay last year. Word of caution - if you spoil some of u...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:...(Mesquite's own Jerry) seemed to enjoy his stay last year. Word of caution - if you spoil some of us Texans, then we tend to want it all the time.
--hide--

laughing laughing laughing Well of course he enjoyed himself, Leon - rolling eyes he had THREE of us Indy gals all to himself at dinner! eyebrow (Our very own moderator Donna, the lovely Lady Dawn, and moi!) The four of us spent HOURS sharing stories, laughing, and wound up closing the restaurant! Any time with CMers is a good time! biggrin

You get yourself to Indy whenever you want - we aren't afraid of spoiling anyone TOO much, we can handle you Cowboys! wink laughing

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) Kevin-40666 said: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON

Quote:
Kevin-40666 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON

Kevin,

Thank you sir. I kept waiting for one of your famous Kevinisms but will probably need to wait for another day or someone else's thread.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

I guess what I should have said was:

"I can't believe today your age is 66;

it seems like only yesterday it was 65."

I hope you had a great birthday. Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Apr 30 new

Hi Leon,

I am glad you had fun on your birthday :-). and, thank you for asking -- we all weathered the storms without incident. :-)

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Josephine,I was hoping to slip through this time but I am grateful for your kindne...

Josephine,

I was hoping to slip through this time but I am grateful for your kindness.

I had a wonderful day and a week prior, my children and son-in-law had taken me to one of the fanciest restaurants in Houston. Just glad they were doing the paying.

I don't recall a time when I had so many phone calls, personal e-mails and messages and emotes from CM.

Once again, thank you so very much.

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--

Leon!! Happy Birthday!! May God bless you abundantly and always!!!

rose Happy Birthday! Praying hug rosary theheart

Josephine, thank you for starting a birthday thread for one who is arguable one of the finest men on the planet!!

Amy

Apr 30 new
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: I guess what I should have said was: "I can't believe today your age is ...
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

I guess what I should have said was:

"I can't believe today your age is 66;

it seems like only yesterday it was 65."

I hope you had a great birthday.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing scratchchin
Apr 30 new

Happy Birthday! balloon clap cowboy discoball party present hug Praying note

Happy belated Birthday, Leon!! I'm glad you had an enjoyable time at dinner and have received so many birthday wishes. You deserve all of them!!

Posts 61 - 70 of 99