Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

May 2nd 2013 new

I will look these up too Carol, thanks to you too!

May 2nd 2013 new

That's an excellent summation Ronnie

May 2nd 2013 new

Just caught this title by Rose Sweet- I know her from the divorce series.

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: The Evert's How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

The Evert's How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul

--hide--

And I have this one, bought from Church but I felt it was more geared toward the younger set?

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Pam-953847 said: And I have this one, bought from Church but I felt it was more geared toward the younger set?
(Quote) Pam-953847 said:

And I have this one, bought from Church but I felt it was more geared toward the younger set?

--hide--

I thought so, too, Pam. I'm just perusing it because I like to gather all the information I can get from various sources. When I finish the book, I plan to send it to my 20-year old Goddaughter.

May 4th 2013 new

I think we join this site because we believe that we have room in our hearts for someone, our soulmate. I think the uncertainty comes from being comfortable with our lives that makes us wonder if we can make room in our homes and give up some of our autonomy for another. I truely believe that when love grows we want to give unselfishly and it becomes easy to open up homes and hearts and self to the one we love. Really, isn't that what Christ did for us?

May 4th 2013 new

Hello Pam,

Could it be that you have grown so comfortable in your present situation that you do not want to change it? Could it be that, in your current state of mind, no man stands a chance and that every man will be eliminated?
If you feel better without a man than with one, then I would recommend that you stop looking, since sharing your space outweighs the fact that you miss having another half. Since you cannot have both, choose the better of the two options.

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said: I truely believe that when love grows we want to give unselfishly and it becomes easy to open...
(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said:

I truely believe that when love grows we want to give unselfishly and it becomes easy to open up homes and hearts and self to the one we love. Really, isn't that what Christ did for us?

--hide--

I guess I do believe this Elizabeth. Glad to know I'm not alone!

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacques-961161 said: Hello Pam,Could it be that you have grown so comfortable in your present situation that...
(Quote) Jacques-961161 said:

Hello Pam,

Could it be that you have grown so comfortable in your present situation that you do not want to change it? Could it be that, in your current state of mind, no man stands a chance and that every man will be eliminated?
If you feel better without a man than with one, then I would recommend that you stop looking, since sharing your space outweighs the fact that you miss having another half. Since you cannot have both, choose the better of the two options.

--hide--

Jacques- the single life certainly has its comfortable aspects. However, regardless of any choice I may make eventaully one of two things will happen- any memory of having another half will dissipate or someone with their ducks in a row will come my way and that space will be taken. I vacillate back and forth between not standing idly by/being proactive and letting things come to me. At the end of the day as we all know, it's up to God so I will try and remember that.

Posts 11 - 19 of 19