Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

To Boldly Go...

Apr 29th 2013 new
I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

So are we living boldly? Especially on here? Or are our actions timid.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a knight-errant are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?
Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in r...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?
--hide--

clap Thank you Dawn. This got me "pumped" up about romance laughing ok, not really the best word to use in the same sentence as romance I suppose. What are bold respectful gestures? I think the last bold respectful gesture I did got me in trouble and didn't mean to hurt anyone :( but it's a lesson learned.

Apr 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Reena-961146 said: (Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologi...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Quote:
Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

Thank you Dawn. This got me "pumped" up about romance ok, not really the best word to use in the same sentence as romance I suppose. What are bold respectful gestures? I think the last bold respectful gesture I did got me in trouble and didn't mean to hurt anyone :( but it's a lesson learned.

--hide--
eyepopping tongue laughing laughing laughing

I happen to be old school... Men do the pursuing and women receive the pursuit. Most bold actions then would be done by the men. But women need to be open. And that requires a bit of boldness, of courage. It isn't bold to ignore messages from men. It isn't bold to walk with our heads down and our hair in our face. It isn't bold to stay behind a computer.

It's bold to smile, say hello, to go to events, to agree to meet someone. It's bold to offer help to another, to pray, to trust God, to follow God's Law, to reject the world's way of doing things. Today it is bold to be a woman!
Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I happen to be old school... Men do the pursuing and women receive the pursuit. Most bold actions ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

I happen to be old school... Men do the pursuing and women receive the pursuit. Most bold actions then would be done by the men. But women need to be open. And that requires a bit of boldness, of courage. It isn't bold to ignore messages from men. It isn't bold to walk with our heads down and our hair in our face. It isn't bold to stay behind a computer.

It's bold to smile, say hello, to go to events, to agree to meet someone. It's bold to offer help to another, to pray, to trust God, to follow God's Law, to reject the world's way of doing things. Today it is bold to be a woman!
--hide--

biggrin Thank you, Dawn. I spent the last, almost 2 years discerning if religious life is for me. I had asked God if it's ok if I can start dating again - because He made Adam so beautiful laughing and I really enjoy beauty and fashion embarassed Also in all seriousness - I've seen the beauty , peace and freedom of Community life but I hope God wil allow me to have a different Community life - that of a family - as a wife and mother and there are steps to get to that part laughing ...I am rusty but I have also learned more about myself in that process. I am going to be bold and smile at the dude at work who has a pro-life bumper sticker and see how that goes...

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I happen to be old school... Men do the pursuing and women receive the pursuit. Most bold actions ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

--hide--

Lady Dawn, you are a gem. princess You are BOLD with class and grace. You are BOLD with warmth and kindness. You are BOLD with femininity and a true open heart towards all. heartbeat You are a fine example of how a Catholic maiden should behave in her search for their Prince. knight-errant ( I know it's a 'knight' but it's as close to a Prince as I can come. Work with me! laughing )

You are open to meeting ANYONE. hug You set no restrictions on yourself or others. You won't allow any wimpy free-will excuses to hold you back from opportunities to meet your true love. heart In your search, you are doing your part 100%, enthusiastically, lovingly, openly - and thus allowing God to do HIS will for you as well.

Praying If only everyone had as much faith as you do.....

You write such wonderful words, you send such thought-provoking messages - THANK YOU! hug

Apr 29th 2013 new

hmmm I disagree with this post.

If we are to model ourselves after Christ, when He came the first time He came being humble and with humility. Yes he sacrficed His life, and His love is of a sacrifical nature, but the whole knight in shining armor thing seems to me to be a cultural product that has false ideas of what love actually is.

A man should be respectful, should make sacrifices for the woman he loves, should be polite, open doors, etc. But to model yourself after Christ would be to be bold in Truth, faith, hope, and true Charitiy, not movie charity.

This whole idea of knight in shining armor isnt Christ like at all, at least as far as pursuing a woman goes. I would lay down my life for my wife and family like Christ laid down His for us, but true love isnt "knight in shining armor romance", this is just a cultural idea. Ever wonder why it is never like it is in the movies? Because in the movies it is not real. The relationships they show in movies...fast moving fast paced, with soley external visible acts of heroism, are the types of relationships that crash and burn because they are soley dependent on feeling good about the person you are dating and on external acts of "love", not true internal changing. In fact, Catholic match recently wrote a blog about this type of relationship.

If we are to model ourselves on the love Christ actually showed us, and the love God has for us, and the love we have for our Faith, then we will quickly see that romance is not this love. If this were true, then I would have to raise my hand and say I do not love God, because I have many days where I do not feel a strong connection or have strong feelings towards God. Not that I necessarily relapse in morals, it is just harder to pray a rosary or read a spiritual book etc. But I try to persevere and bear that cross, just like St. Theresea did. yet, this does not mean I do not love God.

It took me a while to understand that romance is not love, nor is it even a good thing to try and live by because it is superficial. I will love my woman, I will do good things for her, and I will sacrifice for her and I will persevere on the days where that feeling of connection isnt necessarily as strong, because that is what true love is.

Christ came in humility, humble, a proclaimer of Truth and one of an undying self sacrifice.

Not as a knight in shining armor, sweeeping all of us off our feet and making all of us fall in romantic love with Him. were this the case, they wouldnt have crucified Him.

When He returns as a warrior it will be to destroy the world and give a judgement to mankind. If we were to stretch the idea of knight in shining armor then it would probably be more suited to the second coming. Not the first.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but I say these things because this idea of "love" held me back for a while and I have seen the consequences of it. I would say protestantism hinges more on this idea of "love" .

Apr 29th 2013 new

If every human being is designed to be an incarnated word of love, in a reflection -albeit pale - of the Incarnated Word

and the search for romance involves a man reading the 'texts' of one or more women who might become the completion of his journey (and vice versa)

does mascara make a woman jump off the page?

en.wiktionary.org

Apr 29th 2013 new

clap clap clap

Apr 29th 2013 new

1. I don't see a lot of boldness around here.

2. I don't want a knight in shining armor. I can fight my own battles.

3. I am not a princess. Sorry, that's not my nature, and many years of being single has made me more than self-reliant.

4. All I want is a man of good character who wants an intellectual sparring partner.

Apr 29th 2013 new

Sam,

When Christ comes again on his white horse it will be to marry his bride, the Church. If romance were not an adequate analogy for our relationship with Christ then there would be no Song of Songs, and St. John of the Cross would not have written the Ascent of Mount Carmel, the Dark Night of the Soul or the Living Flame of Love. In fact John is a perfect example. His father was a nobleman who was disowned by his family and became poor to marry John's mother, and took up work as a tailor to provide for the family. This selff sacrafice motivated John write and love freely as he could.

The whole lover/fighter dichotomy is false. We all, and men in a special symbolic sense, are called to be lovers and fighters. A knight is a lover and a fighter, because a fighters alone is a mercenary and will run from a fight to save his life, but the knight will not just fight but give his life for others, whether it's his king, his people, or his beloved. His willingness to die symbolizes Christs first coming. His abilty to bring justice and peace symbolizes the second.

Knights also take oaths, oaths they don't break just because they no longer felt like caring or things got tough. Humilty is being grounded in reality, in who we are and God's call.

You're on the right track. My point is don't fall for some false idea of romanace. Romance in it's truest sense is a lifelong pursuit of a man for a woman, and her return of his love, through the challenge of starting something beautiful to working through the desert when the initial feeling starts to fade into a new a deeper love until they pass into the romance that never ends.

Sam-948516 said:

hmmm I disagree with this post.

If we are to model ourselves after Christ, when He came the first time He came being humble and with humility. Yes he sacrficed His life, and His love is of a sacrifical nature, but the whole knight in shining armor thing seems to me to be a cultural product that has false ideas of what love actually is.

A man should be respectful, should make sacrifices for the woman he loves, should be polite, open doors, etc. But to model yourself after Christ would be to be bold in Truth, faith, hope, and true Charitiy, not movie charity.

This whole idea of knight in shining armor isnt Christ like at all, at least as far as pursuing a woman goes. I would lay down my life for my wife and family like Christ laid down His for us, but true love isnt "knight in shining armor romance", this is just a cultural idea. Ever wonder why it is never like it is in the movies? Because in the movies it is not real. The relationships they show in movies...fast moving fast paced, with soley external visible acts of heroism, are the types of relationships that crash and burn because they are soley dependent on feeling good about the person you are dating and on external acts of "love", not true internal changing. In fact, Catholic match recently wrote a blog about this type of relationship.

If we are to model ourselves on the love Christ actually showed us, and the love God has for us, and the love we have for our Faith, then we will quickly see that romance is not this love. If this were true, then I would have to raise my hand and say I do not love God, because I have many days where I do not feel a strong connection or have strong feelings towards God. Not that I necessarily relapse in morals, it is just harder to pray a rosary or read a spiritual book etc. But I try to persevere and bear that cross, just like St. Theresea did. yet, this does not mean I do not love God.

It took me a while to understand that romance is not love, nor is it even a good thing to try and live by because it is superficial. I will love my woman, I will do good things for her, and I will sacrifice for her and I will persevere on the days where that feeling of connection isnt necessarily as strong, because that is what true love is.

Christ came in humility, humble, a proclaimer of Truth and one of an undying self sacrifice.

Not as a knight in shining armor, sweeeping all of us off our feet and making all of us fall in romantic love with Him. were this the case, they wouldnt have crucified Him.

When He returns as a warrior it will be to destroy the world and give a judgement to mankind. If we were to stretch the idea of knight in shining armor then it would probably be more suited to the second coming. Not the first.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but I say these things because this idea of "love" held me back for a while and I have seen the consequences of it. I would say protestantism hinges more on this idea of "love" .

[/quote]

Posts 1 - 10 of 75