Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 4. All I want is a man of good character who wants an intellectual sparring partner.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

4. All I want is a man of good character who wants an intellectual sparring partner.

--hide--

As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definition:

We had a small strawberry plant on our deck and it produced one day a single perfect little strawberry. My husband picked it and brought it to me to eat. I would have picked it and eaten it myself. He was Romantic
A week before he died, weakened by chemo, he took my daughter to Costco to help him carry and spent $ 900. on canned goods that I liked, paper products, frozen dinners, yard products (though it was winter) and other non perishables. He was trying to take care of me for as long as he could after he was gone. That was Romantic.
He left a note in my jewelry box that said "God wants a whole heart, but will take a broken one if he can have all the pieces". He knew I would go to the jewelry box for his funeral. That was Romantic.
I believe in Romance.

Apr 30 new

Dawn~~~ I love it thanks you gracious one! lady's handkerchief

Without getting heavy duty here. eyepopping

I think reading the Bible, talking about God and the Saints, going to church together whether it be for mass or otherwise is utterly romantic. I think wearing long skirts with boots, or dresses with sandals or schrugs over our bare arms is romantic. Wearing veils, if you so choose, in church is romantic. I think men who dress nicely for mass is romantic. All of the other chivalry that men do is romantic, big and small. Providing for their families in any way is romantic. PRAYING for each other and with each other is romantic. Being thoughtful, sending scriptual readings or psalms to one another. This is all Christ like behavior and Lady like behavior~~~ like Our Lady would've hopefully wanted it. rose present

I think sending a message to the opposite gender is fine, some men are shy and some women are waiting. We all have our reasons for viewing and not knocking on the door. But if He knocks let Him in....... theheartknight-errant lady's handkerchief lovestruck!

Apr 30 new

Thanks you to all who have shared their ideas of romance, what it means to be a knight knight-errant & a lady. These thoughts have given me lots to ponder.

I can harbor a jaded, cynical attitude about "romance" having been rejected by a husband of many years & emotionally & verbally abused by another. But deep in my heart heartbeat I would love to have the kind of romance that Joan described. And I have gotten a taste of it with the friend I met here. But along with that yearning, I also have the fear of possible rejection from any man I'm in relationship with.

I know that God is the One who will never leave me or forsake me. Here is a prayer of promise from St. Anselm of Canterbury: theheart

Lord, Our God, Grant us the grace to desire You with our whole heart, that so desiring, we may seek and find you;

and so finding you, we may love you; and loving you, we may hate those sins from which you have redeemed us.

From Words of Love by Fr. Gottmoller, OSM --words of Jesus to Sr. Mary of the Trinity: "Those who do not know, think it is difficult to love. Nothing is easier to more joyful. You love as soon as you cease to think of yourself. If you want to love Me, think of Me. In order to think of Me, think of what you know about Me. Your love will grow--and it is love which will give you deeper knowledge and new thoughts. Love is the fireplace, the furnace, thought the spark..."

I especially think the words "You love as soon as you cease to think of yourself" can be applied to human relationships as well as our ever-growing relationship with the Lord. And that is how we can demonstrate that we are the knights & ladies we should be. What do you think?

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm not looking for my knight to fight my battles. In fact, he really isn't my knight; he&...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

I'm not looking for my knight to fight my battles. In fact, he really isn't my knight; he's Christ's. He will have his own battles to fight. But I figure we will be more successful at furthering the Kingdom if we battle alongside each other.
--hide--

Dawn, this is a beautiful thought!

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Brigitta-923334 said: I believe there should be a balance of both romance and practicality. No, we do not li...
(Quote) Brigitta-923334 said:

I believe there should be a balance of both romance and practicality.

No, we do not live in Hollywood, so we should accept reality and live in the REAL world. There is no such thing as a perfect man (or woman for that matter!) and so we need to lower our standards just a little.
Having said that, if there was no romance, relationships would never last. There needs to be a little spice to keep the flame alive. (Throw some wood on the fire!)

Love God and trust in Him.

--hide--

Beautifully stated!!. clap clap Bow

Romance means something unique to each one of us - if we find it, it should be cherished. hug

Understand we live in reality, strive to be Christ-like in manner, and do not be afraid to take some risks to search for, discern, and embrace your future. Praying heart

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Thanks you to all who have shared their ideas of romance, what it means to be a knight & a la...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Thanks you to all who have shared their ideas of romance, what it means to be a knight & a lady. These thoughts have given me lots to ponder.

I can harbor a jaded, cynical attitude about "romance" having been rejected by a husband of many years & emotionally & verbally abused by another. But deep in my heart I would love to have the kind of romance that Joan described. And I have gotten a taste of it with the friend I met here. But along with that yearning, I also have the fear of possible rejection from any man I'm in relationship with.

I know that God is the One who will never leave me or forsake me. Here is a prayer of promise from St. Anselm of Canterbury:

Lord, Our God, Grant us the grace to desire You with our whole heart, that so desiring, we may seek and find you;

and so finding you, we may love you; and loving you, we may hate those sins from which you have redeemed us.

From Words of Love by Fr. Gottmoller, OSM --words of Jesus to Sr. Mary of the Trinity: "Those who do not know, think it is difficult to love. Nothing is easier to more joyful. You love as soon as you cease to think of yourself. If you want to love Me, think of Me. In order to think of Me, think of what you know about Me. Your love will grow--and it is love which will give you deeper knowledge and new thoughts. Love is the fireplace, the furnace, thought the spark..."

I especially think the words "You love as soon as you cease to think of yourself" can be applied to human relationships as well as our ever-growing relationship with the Lord. And that is how we can demonstrate that we are the knights & ladies we should be. What do you think?

--hide--
Carol, you are loved. and your picture is so lovable, you look so cute and sweet! biggrin rose heart hug

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definition:

We had a small strawberry plant on our deck and it produced one day a single perfect little strawberry. My husband picked it and brought it to me to eat. I would have picked it and eaten it myself. He was Romantic
A week before he died, weakened by chemo, he took my daughter to Costco to help him carry and spent $ 900. on canned goods that I liked, paper products, frozen dinners, yard products (though it was winter) and other non perishables. He was trying to take care of me for as long as he could after he was gone. That was Romantic.
He left a note in my jewelry box that said "God wants a whole heart, but will take a broken one if he can have all the pieces". He knew I would go to the jewelry box for his funeral. That was Romantic.
I believe in Romance.

--hide--
Joan, you were sooo blessed with a loving, romantic, and devoted spouse....How wonderful to be cherished so much. rose

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in r...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

So are we living boldly? Especially on here? Or are our actions timid.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?
--hide--

I think an emote is fine as initial contact. It gives the woman a chance to view the man's profile and make a decision if she wants to reply. Then, after that, it should turn to messaging, than instant messaging, than phone calls and then a meeting. It all about following a process....

Apr 30 new

I love Dawn's and Carl's posts. I think the most attractive man isn't the most handsome, buff, smart, rich, whatever adjective we're supposed to look for in a man. (It certainly isn't about a knight on the white horse. Let's face it--most women today can and have been taking care of themselves for a while.)

It's the guy who is submitted to God, bold yet considerate in his pursuit, and fully in line with the faith. I think King David would be a perfect example--he was the last of Jesse's sons to even be considered to be the King, but we all know he was God's choice. Now, we all know he wasn't perfect, but he had the ear and heart of God, and was brave and passionate. These kind of men are becoming more rare...

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in r...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

So are we living boldly? Especially on here? Or are our actions timid.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?
--hide--

clap clap clap clap

Standing ovation clap

Posts 21 - 30 of 75