Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Sure! You can have up to 10 in each forum post! Just type
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Sure! You can have up to 10 in each forum post! Just type

--hide--
laughing laughing clap

Apr 30th 2013 new

"To boldly go"...

Most woman's and very often married guy-"friends" will bray an alarm.

youtu.be

Chivalry is often balanced with survival in this day and age.

"Making it more likely that the next generation of men will do poorly compared with women, the aforementioned women's advocacy groups plus others such as Girls Inc. and Soropotimists, have instituted Take your Daughter to Work Day in many more workplaces than Take your Son and Daughter to Work Day. A Google search is not comprehensive here, but it gives you a good indication of cultural emphasis: "Take Your Daughter to Work Day" revealed 570,000 links. A search on "Take Your Daughter and Son to Work Day" yielded only 14,000, and "Take your Son and Daughter to Work Day," 6,000."

www.theatlantic.com

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Claudine-882177 said: I think the most attractive man isn't the most handsome, buff, smart, rich, whatever adje...
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said:

I think the most attractive man isn't the most handsome, buff, smart, rich, whatever adjective we're supposed to look for in a man. (It certainly isn't about a knight on the white horse. Let's face it--most women today can and have been taking care of themselves for a while.)

It's the guy who is submitted to God, bold yet considerate in his pursuit, and fully in line with the faith. I think King David would be a perfect example--he was the last of Jesse's sons to even be considered to be the King, but we all know he was God's choice. Now, we all know he wasn't perfect, but he had the ear and heart of God, and was brave and passionate. These kind of men are becoming more rare...

--hide--

I think that caliber of man is still out there, Claudine...if our brothers around here are anything to go by. wink

Maybe I have odd ideas of romance, but small acts of kindness...like getting a rose or a note card or a gentle touch on the back of the neck while he passes by would do me fine.

Quite frankly, it's the small acts of kindness that make a girl fall in love in the first place, and they are the thing that keep her going. Blinded by love cloudnine lady's handkerchief valentine lovestruck!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I think that caliber of man is still out there, Claudine...if our brothers around here are anythi...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I think that caliber of man is still out there, Claudine...if our brothers around here are anything to go by.

Maybe I have odd ideas of romance, but small acts of kindness...like getting a rose or a note card or a gentle touch on the back of the neck while he passes by would do me fine.

Quite frankly, it's the small acts of kindness that make a girl fall in love in the first place, and they are the thing that keep her going.

--hide--

I agree with you, Naomi. I would again cite Gary Chapman's Five Love Languages. Even if the suitor/knight doesn't know what the lady's primary love language is, any act of kindness could be right on target--at least it's an effort! Vice versa for the ladies, too. lovestruck!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definition:

We had a small strawberry plant on our deck and it produced one day a single perfect little strawberry. My husband picked it and brought it to me to eat. I would have picked it and eaten it myself. He was Romantic
A week before he died, weakened by chemo, he took my daughter to Costco to help him carry and spent $ 900. on canned goods that I liked, paper products, frozen dinners, yard products (though it was winter) and other non perishables. He was trying to take care of me for as long as he could after he was gone. That was Romantic.
He left a note in my jewelry box that said "God wants a whole heart, but will take a broken one if he can have all the pieces". He knew I would go to the jewelry box for his funeral. That was Romantic.
I believe in Romance.

--hide--

Joan this is beautiful and the true meaning of love - thanks for sharing rose

Apr 30th 2013 new

Hey everyone, I know I'm kind of late to post, seeing as it is already 4 pages long, but I just have to say that I'm a fan of this whole knight in shining armor thing. When I was growing up, my Dad always told me to be a knight and I believe I am cabable of being one. There are 2 big problems in our modern world: men who don't want to lead and women who don't want to follow. I know this may be a little silly, but I actually feel frustrated when a woman opens the door for me instead of vice-versa, lol :)

May 2nd 2013 new

Joan you were so luckly to have such a great man. I lost my Paul almost 5 years ago he also toke care of me. I am looking for a more romantic guy this time. I just want a companion for now and see where that goes. But I really like what you had to say about you Dear one.

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definition:

We had a small strawberry plant on our deck and it produced one day a single perfect little strawberry. My husband picked it and brought it to me to eat. I would have picked it and eaten it myself. He was Romantic
A week before he died, weakened by chemo, he took my daughter to Costco to help him carry and spent $ 900. on canned goods that I liked, paper products, frozen dinners, yard products (though it was winter) and other non perishables. He was trying to take care of me for as long as he could after he was gone. That was Romantic.
He left a note in my jewelry box that said "God wants a whole heart, but will take a broken one if he can have all the pieces". He knew I would go to the jewelry box for his funeral. That was Romantic.
I believe in Romance.

--hide--

Joan, I too had a husband like yours. For close to 15 years he was my "knight in shining armor", cherishing me as his princess bride. Your husband lost his physical body to cancer, my husband lost his mind to mental illness.

I too believe in romance.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: if we battle alongside each other.
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

if we battle alongside each other.
--hide--

I'm not sure if it's fair to your knight to have to devote only half of his attention to the threat because, riding sidesaddle being the lady you are, it'll be all too easy for you to slip off your hawse.

Unless ... a sidecar ... with one of these

www.google.com.au

May 3rd 2013 new

hug hug hug I've been very timid on CM shhh Thanks Dawn I need to be a little more courageous. hug

Posts 31 - 40 of 75