Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 2. I don't want a knight in shining armor. I can fight my own battles.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

2. I don't want a knight in shining armor. I can fight my own battles.

--hide--

A knight with armour that shines is probably one who has never seen the dust of battle. So, you can have both, a knight in shining armour and exclusive possession of your own battles. Sort of like having a cake and eating it?

May 3rd 2013 new

I will settle for a man who is comfortable in a suit.

May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: I think an emote is fine as initial contact. It gives the woman a chance to view the man's p...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

I think an emote is fine as initial contact. It gives the woman a chance to view the man's profile and make a decision if she wants to reply. Then, after that, it should turn to messaging, than instant messaging, than phone calls and then a meeting. It all about following a process....

--hide--

Yes, an emote is fine for an initial contact. (Just don't send me a blank one! Have something to say, something I can respond to.) Personally, I'm about done with the emoting back and forth, though. It HAS to go beyond that! And I am not sold on the idea that it needs to include all of the steps above. In fact, I'd rather (if we are close enough in physical proximity) that we just meet, and not do the messaging back and forth. (And for goodness sake, don't expect me to text!)

Over the years I've grown to be more bold. I've talked on the phone with countless people. I've met people. I've been on F2Fs. I've dated men from CM, both near and far. I've found love and not. I've been to events. I've organized and hosted events. There was a time that I thought that browsing was bold, that being online at all was bold, but those days are way long gone. They should be for all of us. I know that the Lord has asked me to be bold in my faith. Why not in faithfully pursuing what I believe is my vocation?
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-901618 said: Matt and Dawn, wise words. I like the whole idea you describe. Guys, why are we so stubborn or closed off ...
(Quote) Frank-901618 said: Matt and Dawn, wise words. I like the whole idea you describe.

Guys, why are we so stubborn or closed off in this? Lazy, scared, or what?

For myself I can testify that I believe that trying to be like this got me the woman that God has put aside for me, really.

Romance for me is exactly being Christlike. Just like Matt describes. Christ captivated us all by sacrificing, leading and being present. I look at Christ's love to model my own love.
--hide--

Thank you, Frank. rose May God bless you abundantly!
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Dawn~~~ I love it thanks you gracious one! Without getting heavy duty here. I think reading th...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Dawn~~~ I love it thanks you gracious one!

Without getting heavy duty here.

I think reading the Bible, talking about God and the Saints, going to church together whether it be for mass or otherwise is utterly romantic. I think wearing long skirts with boots, or dresses with sandals or schrugs over our bare arms is romantic. Wearing veils, if you so choose, in church is romantic. I think men who dress nicely for mass is romantic. All of the other chivalry that men do is romantic, big and small. Providing for their families in any way is romantic. PRAYING for each other and with each other is romantic. Being thoughtful, sending scriptual readings or psalms to one another. This is all Christ like behavior and Lady like behavior~~~ like Our Lady would've hopefully wanted it.

I think sending a message to the opposite gender is fine, some men are shy and some women are waiting. We all have our reasons for viewing and not knocking on the door. But if He knocks let Him in.......

--hide--

Thank you, Jane. I find it interesting how this thread has taken a look at romance. Originally I was just wanting to address the need for being bold in our search for our spouse. I am pleased that this is being deeply connected to romance. I agree with everything that you said about romance.

rose May his journey to you be swift and sure, and make you both ready for each other!
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Ed-442168 said: "To boldly go"...Most woman's and very often married guy-"friends" will bray an al...
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

"To boldly go"...

Most woman's and very often married guy-"friends" will bray an alarm.

youtu.be

Chivalry is often balanced with survival in this day and age.

"Making it more likely that the next generation of men will do poorly compared with women, the aforementioned women's advocacy groups plus others such as Girls Inc. and Soropotimists, have instituted Take your Daughter to Work Day in many more workplaces than Take your Son and Daughter to Work Day. A Google search is not comprehensive here, but it gives you a good indication of cultural emphasis: "Take Your Daughter to Work Day" revealed 570,000 links. A search on "Take Your Daughter and Son to Work Day" yielded only 14,000, and "Take your Son and Daughter to Work Day," 6,000."

www.theatlantic.com

--hide--

Ed, the video gave me a chuckle. Funny how some words are just so easily associated with pop culture. I have to admit that, while I am not a Trekkie, per se, I did purposely connect my topic, the thread title, and the iconic tv show. I think there is something profound in the premise of Star Trek that connects to our faith and our search.

As for the rest of your post, I admit I am clueless as to how this directly connects to the topic of being bold in our search. If I am seeing things correctly at all, perhaps the quote is just more justification for the necessity of being bold and courageous. It's difficult out there.
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Andy-896770 said: Hey everyone, I know I'm kind of late to post, seeing as it is already 4 pages long, but I just have to say ...
(Quote) Andy-896770 said:

Hey everyone, I know I'm kind of late to post, seeing as it is already 4 pages long, but I just have to say that I'm a fan of this whole knight in shining armor thing. When I was growing up, my Dad always told me to be a knight and I believe I am cabable of being one. There are 2 big problems in our modern world: men who don't want to lead and women who don't want to follow. I know this may be a little silly, but I actually feel frustrated when a woman opens the door for me instead of vice-versa, lol :)

--hide--

clapAndy, you give us all hope for the future. God bless your quest, young man! rose
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Joan-461057 said: As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definit...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definition:

We had a small strawberry plant on our deck and it produced one day a single perfect little strawberry. My husband picked it and brought it to me to eat. I would have picked it and eaten it myself. He was Romantic
A week before he died, weakened by chemo, he took my daughter to Costco to help him carry and spent $ 900. on canned goods that I liked, paper products, frozen dinners, yard products (though it was winter) and other non perishables. He was trying to take care of me for as long as he could after he was gone. That was Romantic.
He left a note in my jewelry box that said "God wants a whole heart, but will take a broken one if he can have all the pieces". He knew I would go to the jewelry box for his funeral. That was Romantic.
I believe in Romance.

--hide--

faint Now that is LOVE! Thank you, Joan, for sharing your husband's sense of romance. What most impresses me is his foresight. I just know that he is praying you Home still! hugPraying
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said: I love Dawn's and Carl's posts. I think the most attractive man isn't the most handsome, buff, ...
(Quote) Claudine-882177 said:

I love Dawn's and Carl's posts. I think the most attractive man isn't the most handsome, buff, smart, rich, whatever adjective we're supposed to look for in a man. (It certainly isn't about a knight on the white horse. Let's face it--most women today can and have been taking care of themselves for a while.)

It's the guy who is submitted to God, bold yet considerate in his pursuit, and fully in line with the faith. I think King David would be a perfect example--he was the last of Jesse's sons to even be considered to be the King, but we all know he was God's choice. Now, we all know he wasn't perfect, but he had the ear and heart of God, and was brave and passionate. These kind of men are becoming more rare...

--hide--
Precisely, Claudine! clap King David is a great example because he is so human! Flawed but in touch with God.

BTW, I have to commend you on your beautiful profile pic. (In days gone by, all my profile pictures were of me in hats.

CowGirl gardener Chef Tartan Beret gangster graduate lady's handkerchief Go USA lil mikie :pirate:
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: I've been very timid on CM Thanks Dawn I need to be a little more courageous.
(Quote) Michelle-641892 said:

I've been very timid on CM Thanks Dawn I need to be a little more courageous.

--hide--

Dear Friend, you have it in you! You are more bold than you think you are! You are the one who took the leap to drive hours to meet others. And you've done if more than once!

Let's let boldness beget more boldness!!!!! thumbsuphug
Posts 41 - 50 of 75