Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Joan-461057 said: As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definit...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

As usual, Marge, you get out of the clouds and down to the meat of the matter! This is romance in my definition:

We had a small strawberry plant on our deck and it produced one day a single perfect little strawberry. My husband picked it and brought it to me to eat. I would have picked it and eaten it myself. He was Romantic
A week before he died, weakened by chemo, he took my daughter to Costco to help him carry and spent $ 900. on canned goods that I liked, paper products, frozen dinners, yard products (though it was winter) and other non perishables. He was trying to take care of me for as long as he could after he was gone. That was Romantic.
He left a note in my jewelry box that said "God wants a whole heart, but will take a broken one if he can have all the pieces". He knew I would go to the jewelry box for his funeral. That was Romantic.
I believe in Romance.

--hide--

It was far more than romance! Thank you for sharing! I am in tears!
May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in r...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

So are we living boldly? Especially on here? Or are our actions timid.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?
--hide--

Love is not a feeling , it is action .... I read that recently and how so much I desire that kind of love. I think if we can truly put our loving words in action We are being bold. Praying for us all to boldly put our words in action God Bless you Dawn for starting thread ...May we all have courage that comes from he Holy Spirit Dove Kathleen Praying

FYI my subscription is ending tomorrow so please don't be shy men wink

May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: (Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apolog...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Quote:
Dawn-58330 said: I'm a die hard romantic. I admit it. And I am not going to apologize for it, or change. I believe in romance. I believe in men being heroes, women revealing beauty, and chilvary and lasting love of a sacrificial kind. I believe in courage and being bold. I think love requires it.

So are we living boldly? Especially on here? Or are our actions timid.

Is it really courageous to browse a profile or send an emote? Or could we be more bold? Maybe we are being timid, and therefore our online CM experience is tepid.

If we ladies want a are we willing to be boldly feminine and open to bold gestures that are respectful? Are we deserving of a Son of God who is a hero after God's heart?

If you men want a beautiful and captivating Catholic woman, are you bold in your approach to life and faith? Are you worthy of a Daughter of the King? Are you courageous?

Love is not a feeling , it is action .... I read that recently and how so much I desire that kind of love. I think if we can truly put our loving words in action We are being bold. Praying for us all to boldly put our words in action God Bless you Dawn for starting thread ...May we all have courage that comes from he Holy Spirit Kathleen

FYI my subscription is ending tomorrow so please don't be shy men

--hide--
hug Yes, love is action. It is something we do, not something we think about. Or something we mull over, or dream of, or just feel happening TO us. It is something we DO.

Thank you for the prayers, Kathleen. Fare thee well on your journey, beautiful lady! Praying
May 4th 2013 new

You're a wise man for your years Sam. I totally agree with what you said about Christ as a model for all of our behaviors. I think romance is nice and I am myself a hopeless romantic, but I would think women would want in the long run someone like Christ rather than the proverbial "knight in shining armor". Chirst's actions were also bold- hanging out with tax collectors and prostitutes- and challenging the religious officials of his day.

But getting back more to the original post, I always send a woman I'm interested in an email. The only problem is not getting a response. I don't think the men should always have to be the initiators. Too many women waiting for that knight to come sweep them off thair feet and wondering why they don't get a lot of activity. This isn't Hollywood. Playing into stereotypes of roles does not benefit anyone. If women want to boldly go, try being the inititators and not try to make it seem like men aren't doing thier part.

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Precisely, Claudine! King David is a great example because he is so human! Flawed but in touch with God. <...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Precisely, Claudine! King David is a great example because he is so human! Flawed but in touch with God.

BTW, I have to commend you on your beautiful profile pic. (In days gone by, all my profile pictures were of me in hats.

--hide--

Aww, thank you! It's so rare that I get to wear a hat (and no Preakness for me this year sad ) so I had to wear it instead of a mantilla on Easter :)

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-632838 said: You're a wise man for your years Sam. I totally agree with what you said about Christ as a ...
(Quote) Richard-632838 said:

You're a wise man for your years Sam. I totally agree with what you said about Christ as a model for all of our behaviors. I think romance is nice and I am myself a hopeless romantic, but I would think women would want in the long run someone like Christ rather than the proverbial "knight in shining armor". Chirst's actions were also bold- hanging out with tax collectors and prostitutes- and challenging the religious officials of his day.

But getting back more to the original post, I always send a woman I'm interested in an email. The only problem is not getting a response. I don't think the men should always have to be the initiators. Too many women waiting for that knight to come sweep them off thair feet and wondering why they don't get a lot of activity. This isn't Hollywood. Playing into stereotypes of roles does not benefit anyone. If women want to boldly go, try being the inititators and not try to make it seem like men aren't doing thier part.

--hide--

Thank you for the kind words Richard, but your words are much wiser than mine are, so are your ideas. I am not wise by any stretch of the imagination :). These are not my ideas and it appears I misunderstood the original post. But thank you for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-632838 said: You're a wise man for your years Sam. I totally agree with what you said about Christ as a ...
(Quote) Richard-632838 said:

--hide--

Richard, I think you will find that many of the women here do try to initiate a conversation with men when they spot a profile that seems interesting. I, myself, have sent out a plethora of emotes & brief messages trying to initiate a conversation. I may get one response out of 25 (or more). With the men I've been matched with, I have sent a brief message & the responses were so tepid if any response came at all! I was even blocked once--felt like a slap in the face--all I said was hello! eyebrow irked scratchchin shocked surprised wide eyed

What women would like is if we do try to initiate a conversation, for a man to respond with more than just an emote-toindicate if they might have some little bit of interest, at least! After a while of conversing, then go on to the next step--a F2F, phone calls, etc. then, perhaps a real date. I was advised by a "dating expert/counselor" that men should take the initiative in setting up the 1st 3 dates.

There has been quite a bit of discussion in the forums about who should be the pursuer/who should take the initiative. In the majority of cases, the natural order of things is that the man should take the lead. Would the man turn tail & run if a "strong" woman taking the lead scares them off?

By taking the lead here I'm referring to more than just sending out an emote or a message. The dating expert/counselor I refer to is Amy Owens, TheSinglesCoach.com from Indianpolis, IN.

I'm just asking because I'm trying just as hard as anyone here to figure this online dating thing out! scratchchin

May 4th 2013 new

scratchchinI am also a woman who believes in the romance of years gone by. I don't view browsing on line as being bold or courageous. I find it to be more like shopping. I think the bold piece comes when you venture into actually connecting with someone and sharing true self.

May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Marykate-959144 said: I am also a woman who believes in the romance of years gone by. I don't view browsing on line as being b...
(Quote) Marykate-959144 said:

I am also a woman who believes in the romance of years gone by. I don't view browsing on line as being bold or courageous. I find it to be more like shopping. I think the bold piece comes when you venture into actually connecting with someone and sharing true self.

--hide--

I couldn't agree more, Marykate! It does seem like shopping, which is why I don't like it so much.
May 6th 2013 new

I agree too that browsing does feel like shopping on Amazon or ebay, so its kind of impersonal, but that is the nature of online dating. I think there are many bold steps in a relationship, the first of which is making that initital contact. Then there is the asking out on the first date. Then as the relationship grows, the person who is taking the initiative to take the relationship to the next level is the bold one. Sharing yourself true self with another is courageous, but at the same time shows secutiry in one's own self.

As far as the emoting is concerned brought up in the posts earlier in this thread, there are 2 possiblities. First, it is all you can do to communicate if you are not a paid memeber, so maybe all those guys sending just impersonal emotes are not paid memebers and the only way that can keep responding is by plain emote-no personalized message. I guess if their (real) interest hasn't been peaked, they won' feel like spending $30 or $60 to become one to send a real reply. Second, if they are members, it may be a game for them. I mean, seriously, if you are really interested in a person wouldn't you at least say something if you could (which paid memebrshave the ability to do obviously)?

Posts 51 - 60 of 75