Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: In the Eastern tradition they assisted in Baptism and visited the imprisoned and sick Instructed t...
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

In the Eastern tradition they assisted in Baptism and visited the imprisoned and sick Instructed the Catechumens. I still say there is nothing in Scipture or tradiition that excludes women from the Deacon. For sure the priesthood.

--hide--
Try to keep in mind that a deacon is ordained via the sacrament of Holy Orders. This sacrament is not open to reception by women.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: I agree but maybe there is an opening for women deacons

I agree but maybe there is an opening for women deacons

--hide--

Deacons are ordained ministers. NO woman can be an ordained minister in the Catholic Church. Period! No possibility of such, no maybes. The issue is settled once and for all time.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: there are mentions in the new testaments about Deaconess

there are mentions in the new testaments about Deaconess

--hide--

The role of deaconess in the early Church had nothing to do with ministerial functions. It was not an ordained position. They assisted at the Baptism of women when immersion was the prevailing method. There job had nothing to do directly with the administering of the Sacrement. Rather their role was to insure the modesty on women during the ceremony. They also served as sacristans.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: In the Eastern tradition they assisted in Baptism and visited the imprisoned and sick Instructed t...

In the Eastern tradition they assisted in Baptism and visited the imprisoned and sick Instructed the Catechumens. I still say there is nothing in Scipture or tradiition that excludes women from the Deacon. For sure the priesthood.

--hide--

Those roles today are filled by Consecrated nuns. And the so-called deaconesses were prevelent throughout the early Church, not just the Eastern ones.

Apr 30th 2013 new

"In Persona Christi" In the person of Christ! Direct your friend to the cathecesism for a more detailed explaination!

Apr 30th 2013 new

Change comes slowly one step at a time

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: I don't know if Jim is serious or not; But my Two cents worth: Ok The Church has changed some ...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

I don't know if Jim is serious or not; But my Two cents worth: Ok The Church has changed some what over the centuries; ok yes there are laws to the church; However with our priests (some of them) getin old retiring etc. and in some paraishes "shortage" of priests; My opinion is this (and only my opinion) I (seriously) don't see why and i'am serious; Eventually i mean like 30 or maybe 50 yrs from now; Let the NUNs say the mass (thats right) Let the NUNs say the mass; Ordain the NUNs; How many of you? learned mostly from Nuns who taught our relgion (catacism) etc. hey i learned a lot from a couple of NUNs and if the church approved it and they ordained NUns to say the mass; I'am there!! BTW: I bet they would give a darn good homily/ serman too! Ok people all of ya disagree (bring it on) But i'am serious too!!

--hide--

Your opinion is based on dodgey intel.

There is no shortage of priests or nuns. The vocation in most danger is marriage.

The Church has stood for 2000 years. A few women wanting to play dress up isn't going to collaspe the Truth, but that doesn't mean we sit idly by and do nothing but smirk. In all liklihood this current Western society will be in the dust in 50 years. It will be the Catholic Church and Her beautiful, Christ given Traditions that pulls it out. It will be done with obidence to God, not women feeling all "emotional" about holding a piece of bread over their head and pretend they're turning it into Jesus.

Women priests are a demonic heresy, and we should never be affraid to call out such blasphemy when we see it.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: Looking forward to woman priest. .....YES
(Quote) Jim-397948 said: Looking forward to woman priest. .....YES
--hide--

Jim -- looks like you need to change your answers from 6/7 to 5/7.

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Your opinion is based on dodgey intel. There is no shortage of priests or nuns. T...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Your opinion is based on dodgey intel.

There is no shortage of priests or nuns. The vocation in most danger is marriage.

The Church has stood for 2000 years. A few women wanting to play dress up isn't going to collaspe the Truth, but that doesn't mean we sit idly by and do nothing but smirk. In all liklihood this current Western society will be in the dust in 50 years. It will be the Catholic Church and Her beautiful, Christ given Traditions that pulls it out. It will be done with obidence to God, not women feeling all "emotional" about holding a piece of bread over their head and pretend they're turning it into Jesus.

Women priests are a demonic heresy, and we should never be afraid to call out such blasphemy when we see it.

--hide--

AMEN NAOMI AMEN!!! Very well said.
It's not sexist at all to accept what Christ instituted all those years ago. Women have their important roles and places, as do men.

Apr 30th 2013 new

I am a Catholic "revert". I left the Church many years ago partly because I objected to the lesser (and it is lesser, not just different) role of women in the Church. I was not convinced then as now that Christ, who was inclusive of women at a time when it was unheard of, truly intended women to be less than equal.
But the time came when I realized that I needed to be back in the Church. Since I had a dual upbringing with both the RC and Anglican Churches, it would have been easy to simply be Episcopalian where all my objections were a non-issue. But God told me I needed to belong to His Church. Coming back mean subjecting my will and my beliefs to that of the Church. The laws of the Church are what they are. In order to live my faith I had to give up my own opinions and resentments and be subject to the will of God, or at least what the Church tells me is the will of God.
There are not going to be women priests, no matter what I think about that, and birth control is never going to be OK, and pre-marital sex is still a sin. Those things are not convenient or practical in today's society, but they are the laws of the Church. I think part of being Catholic is the struggle to bow your head and accept those laws no matter how personally difficult they are. "Thy Will Be Done" is not easy, or convenient or practical. But it is necessary for the soul to accept God's Will over our own.

Posts 41 - 50 of 157