Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: What I find ridiculous about this whole donne chierichetto (i.e., female altar servers,...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

What I find ridiculous about this whole donne chierichetto (i.e., female altar servers, lit. little female clerics) deal is the transvestitism. As if their presence isn't an affront to the office of the priest making the original sacrifice of Our Lord present again on the altar...we have to dress them like the little clerics they can never be. Talk about mixed signals!

--hide--
Let's not detract from the service female altar servers provide. Your commentary is considered an affront to them.

May 1st 2013 new
Anyway, this x Carmelite nun, got ordained in St.Andrew United Church of Christ, in Kentucky. This is a methodist church, how can she say she is an ordained Roman Catholic Priest? This is truly hersey, don't you think?
May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Anyway, this x Carmelite nun, got ordained in St.Andrew United Church of Christ, in Kentucky. This is a ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Anyway, this x Carmelite nun, got ordained in St.Andrew United Church of Christ, in Kentucky. This is a methodist church, how can she say she is an ordained Roman Catholic Priest? This is truly hersey, don't you think?
--hide--

Well, there is also the possibility of dementia...

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: NO. Women priests are a theological impossibility. The Church is always referred to as the...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

NO. Women priests are a theological impossibility.

The Church is always referred to as the Bride of Christ.

The Priest is acting in persona Christi.

Christ was male.

The priest is therefore male.

Christ founded the priesthood through his masculinity.

These links cannot be undone.

Christ is the groom. The priest acts in the place of Christ. The priest cannot be female because then in her role as priest she is acting as a "groom" to a Church referred to in the feminine. The groom is a masculine role.

A woman cannot "marry" another woman. Despite what some stupid countries think.

The whole "because its good for religion" or "because ladies are nice" is all assinine. If Christ had wanted female priests he would have ordained them. He did crazy stuff that went against the current social grain all the time. He ate with the unclean and hung out with prostitutes, had tax collectors amongst his friends, was considered a drunk and "worked" on the Sabbath. Those were pretty big social no-nos, lifting up women to the place of the priesthood is pretty much on par with those things in radical thinking way. He would have done it if he wanted to.

Whatever silly reasons people come up with to try and justify women preists, it doesn't pan out theologically or scripturally.

--hide--
Of course while I agree with you, I think where they are coming from is that Mary Magdalene was a disciple or apostle in their opinion because she also followed him. Again, I agree with the Church....just saying that I heard this.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: There's no doubt it won't happen. It's impossible.My point is that ...

There's no doubt it won't happen. It's impossible.

My point is that girls and women dressing as clerics is ridiculous.

fieldofdreams2010.files.wordpress.com

4.bp.blogspot.com

www.olv-parish.org

www.blessed-sacrament.ca

sthelenvb.weconnect.com

I'm sure Gramma Feminista things they're "cho chweet" and super cute and all...but that doesn't remove the objective ridiculosity of females in clerical garb.

--hide--
There is no way one would confuse the attire of servers and the priests. The priests' vestments are clearly distinguishable. The roles are distinct. Ridiculous? No -- for servers, there is the approved "uniform" if you will, and isn't gender specific. Would you prefer that female servers wear pants instead?

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Anyway, this x Carmelite nun, got ordained in St.Andrew United Church...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: Anyway, this x Carmelite nun, got ordained in St.Andrew United Church of Christ, in Kentucky. This is a methodist church, how can she say she is an ordained Roman Catholic Priest? This is truly hersey, don't you think?

Well, there is also the possibility of dementia...

--hide--

A good possibility, something went wrong somewhere.
May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Anyway, this x Carmelite nun, got ordained in St.Andrew United Church of Christ, in Kentucky. This is a ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Anyway, this x Carmelite nun, got ordained in St.Andrew United Church of Christ, in Kentucky. This is a methodist church, how can she say she is an ordained Roman Catholic Priest? This is truly hersey, don't you think?
--hide--
Instead of working ourselves into a frenzy over this, saying "Tsk, tsk, how can she do such a thing?", wouldn't it better serve Our Lord to offer prayers for her to rejoin the fold? We don't know the state of this nun's mind. As suggested, she may have some form of dementia and isn't thinking clearly. Pure rebellion at her age isn't unheard of, but it is unusual.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Let's not detract from the service female altar servers provide. Your commentary is considered ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Let's not detract from the service female altar servers provide. Your commentary is considered an affront to them.

--hide--

They provide an anti-service, or rather a disservice. Evidence of the disservice is the fact that you imply the garb they arrogate to themselves is "gender neutral".

My preference as to what they wear, were I to give it, would be ridiculous. It's like asking whether I prefer a winged swine with blue feathers rather than pink.

Beyond that - not all clerics are priests (there are seven clerical orders). Merely because the female altar servers don't generally dress as priests, doesn't mean they're not arrogating the clerical garb of the acolyte to themselves...and providing the disservice of confusing the whole separation between clerics and laity.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: They provide an anti-service, or rather a disservice. Evidence of the disservice is the...

They provide an anti-service, or rather a disservice. Evidence of the disservice is the fact that you imply the garb they arrogate to themselves is "gender neutral".

My preference as to what they wear, were I to give it, would be ridiculous. It's like asking whether I prefer a winged swine with blue feathers rather than pink.

Beyond that - not all clerics are priests (there are seven clerical orders). Merely because the female altar servers don't generally dress as priests, doesn't mean they're not arrogating the clerical garb of the acolyte to themselves...and providing the disservice of confusing the whole separation between clerics and laity.

--hide--

Nice Chelsea!

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I don't get how people can link the two. I was a an altar server, and in case anyone...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I don't get how people can link the two. I was a an altar server, and in case anyone missed my previous posts, I'm thoroughly against women priests.

As an altar server I knew that only men could be priests, and if I wanted to be religious it would be the nunnery.

There's some argument that having girls woudl put off boys and prevent them from wanting to do it. I never saw that and I was a senior server, and there were more boys anyway.

If people are so worried, how about having the girls and boys do seperate services.

I mean really, what did Christ say, suffer not the little children. Children includes girls. There really isn't any problem with girl servers. I found it a way to participate in the Mass, to assist the priest and to serve God. Its the adult mind and its misunderstood concepts of social justice and gender equality that both seeks to corrupt these children with nonsense ideas of female priests and to place the argument of girl servers = women priests.

--hide--

There are other ways to serve the church though, Naomi. I'm with Chelsea: the altar server is considered a kind of cleric in training- something a woman can never be. I think it's cruel to girls, in a way, to give them these ideas instead of remaining simply consistant on the roles of men and women.

I have other objections as well, but I don't hang out in the forums enough to start those kinds of fires.. :p

Posts 71 - 80 of 157