Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 30th 2013 new

Praying rosary Dove God Bless you Naomi and all the children and families touched by this man of God. Except for the fact that he passed away in front of children... He was surely at the best of all places and doing the best of all things that could be possible. The Lord works in Mysterious Ways. Praying for all to find consolation and peace. theheart

Apr 30th 2013 new

Praying

Apr 30th 2013 new

May the Lord's servant find eternal rest and happiness in the Kingdom of Heaven. My prayers go out to the parishioners of St. Patrick's, to you, Naomi, and to everyone who knew Monsignor Hannigan. God's peace and blessings be with you. hug Praying rosary theheart

Apr 30th 2013 new

God rest his soul . Praying

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: This dear priest was the chaplain at my secondary school and I had quite a few dealings with him ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

This dear priest was the chaplain at my secondary school and I had quite a few dealings with him as he helped the Sr. train me and several others up to be extra-ordinary ministers of the Eucharist. Given the time he passed it's so likely he's gone straight to Heaven, so instead I ask for prayers for the parishoners, especailly children, who witnessed this. His family also.

www.stuff.co.nz

Strangely, he's not the first priest I know of who's died at Mass, a few years back in the same diocese a priest died moments before Midnight Mass on Christmas. He was sitting in his vestments already to go and then just went to sleep in the Lord.

--hide--

Praying

Apr 30th 2013 new

Praying Praying rosary theheart hugHow very sad. sad

Apr 30th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Apr 30th 2013 new

Naomi,

My prayers are with all... I must say though; I can not think of a better way to go. Especially if you are a priest. Although, Archbishop Fultin Sheen died just as he wished; while praying in the chapel while adoring The Most Blessed Sacrament.

I have to add that I went to a big Divine Mercy Mass about 4 years ago and we were about to distribute Holy Communion and one of The Eucharistic ministers ( I am blessed to be one myself :) had a heart attack in the pew and died. What a perfect day to go home. God bless you!

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: This dear priest was the chaplain at my secondary school and I had quite a few dealings with him ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

This dear priest was the chaplain at my secondary school and I had quite a few dealings with him as he helped the Sr. train me and several others up to be extra-ordinary ministers of the Eucharist. Given the time he passed it's so likely he's gone straight to Heaven, so instead I ask for prayers for the parishoners, especailly children, who witnessed this. His family also.

www.stuff.co.nz

Strangely, he's not the first priest I know of who's died at Mass, a few years back in the same diocese a priest died moments before Midnight Mass on Christmas. He was sitting in his vestments already to go and then just went to sleep in the Lord.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart

Apr 30th 2013 new

Sounds like a wonderful priest...these are the men we wish could stay here and serve forever, but alas, the Lord has to call them home. Praying

Posts 21 - 30 of 34