Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 1st 2013 new
All very good,I need to work on Mary,s suggestion of being more observant of the other ladys in our presence.
May 1st 2013 new

Beautiful !!! I read this before and think it is great !!!

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learned? 1)Not to co...
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said:

I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learned? 1)Not to compromise my faith, 2) trust my instincts, and 3) there are a lot of nice guys out there. One of them is just right for me.... A friend sent this to me on Facebook. I liked it so much, I put it on my CM profile. What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

Every woman deserves a man who calls her baby
Kisses her like he means it
Holds her like he never wants to let her go
Doesn’t cheat or lie
Wipes her tears when she cries
Doesn’t make her jealous of other women
Instead makes other women jealous of her
Is not scared to let his friends know how he really feels about her
And lets her know how much he loves her.

--hide--

Joy, Peace, and Happiness. m.youtube.com
May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-689659 said: I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learne...
(Quote) Barbara-689659 said:

I've been dating for 3 years now, and its certainly been an adventure. What I've learned? 1)Not to compromise my faith, 2) trust my instincts, and 3) there are a lot of nice guys out there. One of them is just right for me.... A friend sent this to me on Facebook. I liked it so much, I put it on my CM profile. What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

Every woman deserves a man who calls her baby
Kisses her like he means it
Holds her like he never wants to let her go
Doesn’t cheat or lie
Wipes her tears when she cries
Doesn’t make her jealous of other women
Instead makes other women jealous of her
Is not scared to let his friends know how he really feels about her
And lets her know how much he loves her.

--hide--
Love it. rose So true.Saw it there last month

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: May we all be blessed with such a man.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

May we all be blessed with such a man.

--hide--
AMEN!

May 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Funny because I just read this below in a blog before I saw this thread.... "It'...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Funny because I just read this below in a blog before I saw this thread....

"It's hard to be a woman. You must think like a man...act like a lady...look like a young girl...and work like a horse!"

--hide--

I guess two out of four doesn't count...I can't think like a man and it has been a long time since I have been a young girl because now I am an old girl but I have worked hard most of my life. I do understand the quote Rosemarie!
May 2nd 2013 new

Be with a man who promises to give you laugh lines when you're old

Who tells you he's proud of you on a daily basis

Who puts your happiness on the same level as his

Who uses positive superlatives when describing your relationship

Who uses "when" not "if" when talking about his future and how you fit into it.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Be with a man who promises to give you laugh lines when you're old Who tells you he...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Be with a man who promises to give you laugh lines when you're old

Who tells you he's proud of you on a daily basis

Who puts your happiness on the same level as his

Who uses positive superlatives when describing your relationship

Who uses "when" not "if" when talking about his future and how you fit into it.

--hide--

Carol that is such a perfect and necessary addition. Sometimes we have a tendency to settle for less than we deserve and we ALL deserve the security that the actions that you listed would provide. I think that relationships should be a foretaste of Christ's unconditional love for us. It is one of the ways that these relationships draw us to Christ; by teaching us and showing us a glimpse of his unending love for us. An Agape love that loves without reason and always seeks the best for us. Thank you for these wonderful reminders of what we as men and women of God deserve. hug

May 3rd 2013 new

A woman deserves to be loved as deeply and as purely and as kindly and as faithfully as she loves.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Great post, Barbara! On the issue of the use of the term Baby, it depends how it is used...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Great post, Barbara!

On the issue of the use of the term Baby, it depends how it is used and by whom. As a term of endearment between sweethearts, it has its place. Just think of how many songs have the words "Baby" in them - the list is endless and for a lot of them, the lyrics are not offensive at all.

If Baby is used by someone who is not well known to a woman or in an obviously demeaning manner it can be condescending. And people who are condescending usually have an agenda - they want to insult someone, or take them down a peg or two. So, that's not the same intent as when a loving husband calls his wife by that term. Personally, I also prefer Honey or Dear, but if my future husband were to play a song with the word Baby in it and dedicate it to me, I wouldn't object.

--hide--
Hi angela,

First of all I would like to say, I agree with you on almost everything, but not this. I have never heard (for myself or to me) the name 'Baby' used in a demeaning or condesending manner. Even if a man at the check out behind me says "Excuse me baby, i think you dropped this". I find nothing wrong with this. Let me just say that I am insecure like the rest of us out there in the single world. And if the UPS man says "Hey baby, how you doin' today?" . I find nothing wrong or demeaning or about that. But I agree with you and the other women who say, it does matter how a man says "baby'. I tell my mom "The men are out today, in droves and they are LOOKING!, it's just not the right man/men. So my mother answers, "Honey, it's when they stop looking is when you start to worry". That is so true. Because lets face it ladies, men look because that's what they do. They are much more visual creatures than we are. We appreciate brains and intellect right off the bat. men appreciate looks right off the bat. That's just a fact. the older we get our "curb appeal" deppreciates. not so with men. Oh well, sorry I went off topic. This is a great topic. it says alot to men about how to act...what to say.. biggrin : goldfish theheart lovestruck! You get a Gold Star!

Posts 31 - 40 of 60