Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: I am not addressing the objection because it stated if s...
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: I am not addressing the objection because it stated if seeking an annulment, what if they are not because they feel their marriage was valid. The argument states married couples may engage in sex, how is this different. Are you not still married if their is no annulment?

I would like to know why two people who think their marriage is valid are divorced. Do you mean they divorced and now they want to be married again?

--hide--
Some people can't live together,but still have a conjugal relationship.They fight when they are together,but,,,etc etc.Some relationships are strained.Just saying.

May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: What if you are not pursuing the annulment though. Wh...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: What if you are not pursuing the annulment though.

What, specifically, is the question?

--hide--
The question is:two legally divorced people are considered married without an annulment, if not seeking annulment, why can't they have sex to create more children being that they are still married?
May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Sol-496426 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: I am not addressing ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Sol-496426 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: I am not addressing the objection because it stated if seeking an annulment, what if they are not because they feel their marriage was valid. The argument states married couples may engage in sex, how is this different. Are you not still married if their is no annulment?

I would like to know why two people who think their marriage is valid are divorced. Do you mean they divorced and now they want to be married again?

Some people can't live together,but still have a conjugal relationship.They fight when they are together,but,,,etc etc.Some relationships are strained.Just saying.

--hide--
I actually have two friends who are legally married and committed to each other, one lives in a house and the other in an apartment. Both are faithful, just do better and are happier this way...who knows why that stuff works for some?
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: What if you ...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said:
Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: What if you are not pursuing the annulment though.

What, specifically, is the question?

The question is:two legally divorced people are considered married without an annulment, if not seeking annulment, why can't they have sex to create more children being that they are still married?
--hide--
They are cohabitating??

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: I actually have two friends who are legally married and committed to each other, one lives in a house an...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: I actually have two friends who are legally married and committed to each other, one lives in a house and the other in an apartment. Both are faithful, just do better and are happier this way...who knows why that stuff works for some?
--hide--
bad if they have a kid and raise it that way!

May 11th 2013 new

Note specifically canon 1155:

Can. 1155 The innocent spouse may laudably readmit the other spouse to the conjugal life, in which case he or she renounces the right to separation.

In other words, you can't have a conjugal relationship and be separated: it's one or the other.

May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Note specifically canon 1155: Can. 1155 The innocent spouse may laudably readmit the other spouse...

Can. 1155 The innocent spouse may laudably readmit the other spouse to the conjugal life, in which case he or she renounces the right to separation.

In other words, you can't have a conjugal relationship and be separated: it's one or the other.

--hide--
Ok how about divorced but still cohabitating
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Some people can't live together,but still have a conjugal relationship.They fight when they a...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

That doesn't sound much like a Christian marriage, does it?

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Note specifically canon 1155: Can. 1155 The innocent spouse may laudably readmit th...

--hide--
Although it may not be the best setup,I don't see where Church Law forbids the Arrangement they have.Like I said before,It would be bad to have kids with that arrangement.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Some people can't live together,but still ha...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

That doesn't sound much like a Christian marriage, does it?

--hide--
Not the ideal,but sometimes it's the only arrangement that works.

Posts 131 - 140 of 179