Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Pauline wrote some mighty powerful words for all of us to ponder.
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Pauline wrote some mighty powerful words for all of us to ponder.

--hide--

Thank you Carol hug

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Veronica-56352 said: Pauline,You are a wise lady! Very nicely said, Sister! God bless you, Veronica<...
(Quote) Veronica-56352 said:

Pauline,

You are a wise lady! Very nicely said, Sister! God bless you, Veronica

--hide--

Thank you Veronica. God Bless hug

May 11th 2013 new

All in God's time! Pray, hope, and don't worry angel

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think the problem is, by the time you end up on a website, you are already in one of three cate...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think the problem is, by the time you end up on a website, you are already in one of three categories:

- not really interested in a relationship, but either think you are or say you are to keep people off your back. I'd say this is 70% of the folks.

- totally unattractive to the opposite sex. Perhaps 15%.

- serious & attractive. This 15% only stay on site about 6 months, because they find someone, get busy, and get married.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I've been around the neighborhood for a while and this is how it looks to me.

--hide--

Hi Marge, just wonderin' what category you put yourself in scratchchin

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Diane-966375 said: Hi Albert, I am new here too and feel the same way you do. It's hard to tell what the other p...
(Quote) Diane-966375 said:

Hi Albert, I am new here too and feel the same way you do. It's hard to tell what the other person is thinking when you don't even get a response to an emotigram. I try to answer everyone and even send a thank you to let them know I appreciate they viewed my profile. I think the others are right. We just need to give it time and hope God will lead us to our "perfect match"!

--hide--

Hi Diane, it has been pointed out to remember that someone may not be able to reply because they are not a paying member. They are just browsing to check things out.

May 11th 2013 new
In the search criteria, theres a category called miscellaneous, and you can select there to only see people who have been on the site in the last 14 days. Of course, they might not be a paying member, or they stumbled on the CM site just once, 12 days ago, and never plan to come back. But it narrows down the field so that you are not sending a message to someone who has not been around in months.
May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: (Quote) Albert-964084 said: Thanks for your answer. I do believe that people should be married ...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Quote:
Albert-964084 said: Thanks for your answer. I do believe that people should be married and have a healthy relationship but God didn't the same plan for everyone. I have wanted to be married w kids since my teens but it just didn't happen that way. Nothing is more pitiful than a 45 yo virgin, I'm here to live life w what God gave me. It doesn't mean that's all I want, I want marriage but if it doesn't happen, I won't be waiting around not to ever express love the way I choose even if my priest doesn't approve. It's not for everyone but being catholic isn't about listening to your priest but about listening to God through your heart.

It's not the priests that are laying down the law, or the ones you need to worry about getting approval from, it's God. God wants all of us to enter Heaven, yet we need to remember this path into Heaven is narrow (for God tells us this). And that means not only do we need to believe in Him, and have faith, but we must follow His word. And His word is the same for each of us. God doesn't give us a heart to sin against Him (God wouldn't tell us engaging in premarital sex is ever o.k.). That's Satan trying to do that.

But, as for having different plans for each of us, yes, God did make each of us with unique talents/gifts.

--hide--
Regarding premarital sex, that also means I can go back and have sex with my ex husband as much as I want because we are not annulled yet. Not legally married anymore, but without an annulment (I'm still really married). So in that case and with that logic, sex without being legally married is ok.
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Regarding premarital sex, that also means I can go back and have sex with my ex husband as much as I wan...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Regarding premarital sex, that also means I can go back and have sex with my ex husband as much as I want because we are not annulled yet. Not legally married anymore, but without an annulment (I'm still really married). So in that case and with that logic, sex without being legally married is ok.
--hide--

Would that be post marital sex laughing laughing laughingsince he is your ex? But then you're still really married scratchchin scratchchin scratchchin

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Regarding premarital sex, that also means I can go back and have sex with my ex husband as much as I wan...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Regarding premarital sex, that also means I can go back and have sex with my ex husband as much as I want because we are not annulled yet. Not legally married anymore, but without an annulment (I'm still really married). So in that case and with that logic, sex without being legally married is ok.
--hide--
If sex is to be procreative and unitive, why would you be having sex with your legally-ex spouse, whom you clearly do not want to be united with? Then that person is going back for, most likely, lustful reasons, wouldn't he/she? I guess there could be psychological/emotional motives at work: working out the loss and grief, expressing regret, things like that. Then the divorce could be in question--why dissolve the union if the union is still being sought after?

May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: Regarding premarital sex, that also means I can go back and have s...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: Regarding premarital sex, that also means I can go back and have sex with my ex husband as much as I want because we are not annulled yet. Not legally married anymore, but without an annulment (I'm still really married). So in that case and with that logic, sex without being legally married is ok.

Would that be post marital sex since he is your ex? But then you're still really married

--hide--
So it's ok then ,,,yeah. ,,,post marital sex! Geez. Too funny pauline smile
Posts 51 - 60 of 179