Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Hi again everyone - Reena and I met for dinner last Friday and had a great time! We talked about starting a regular group - keeping things light at first to get to know people, also connected with a regular weekend mass somewhere in the area. We think this approach would appeal to a wide variety of people, different age groups, different single statuses, both genders, but all ONE, HOLY, CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC. smile

Anyway, the next weekend I am without kids and available to do some kind of organized event - however simple or complex it may be - is Memorial Day weekend. Saturday evening mass and dinner after? Sporting event? Festival of some kind? Hike by the river? Theater production or concert? My input is that it be light and really conducive to conversation and mixing. Perhaps someone's parish has a room for a pot luck after mass or something?

ANYONE within driving distance who wishes to work with Reena and I on some ideas, please chime in on this forum and keep them coming! Praying that this gets going ---- Praying rosary theheart crossfingers

May 01 new

Hi Caroline! wave

May 01 new

Hi caroline,
sounds great. I'd like to join. I live in sac town. Lots of nice outdoors stuff coming up. A nice hike sounds good. Keep us posted.
thanks, bill

May 03 new

(Quote) Bill-816836 said: Hi caroline,sounds great. I'd like to join. I live in sac town. Lots of nice outdoors stuf...
(Quote) Bill-816836 said:

Hi caroline,
sounds great. I'd like to join. I live in sac town. Lots of nice outdoors stuff coming up. A nice hike sounds good. Keep us posted.
thanks, bill

--hide--

Hello Bill wave

There are a couple more people that I saw who are from the area - paging John!

May 06 new

(Quote) Bill-816836 said: Hi caroline,sounds great. I'd like to join. I live in sac town. Lots of nice outdoors stuf...
(Quote) Bill-816836 said:

Hi caroline,
thanks, bill

--hide--

Bill - I usually hang around Folsom, so I know the trails are good out here, but I'm looking for ideas more centrally located in Sac - thinking maybe that will draw more people??? open to suggestions and specifics.

May 06 new

HEY YOU! If you're reading this, then it's likely you live around the Sacramento Valley region. I've notices that 42 people have viewed, but only three of us are posting.....what's up with that CMers??? boggled

Looking for any and all suggestions for ideas to get this group started, so don't be bashful - I'm pretty much a Folsom-oriented person so I can recommend stuff out here, but post anything that's Memorial Day Weekend that might be of interest. in fact, we could possibly line up a few things....

We are at the brainstorming stage, so storm already! fluffy

May 06 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: HEY YOU! If you're reading this, then it's likely you live around the Sacramento Valle...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

HEY YOU! If you're reading this, then it's likely you live around the Sacramento Valley region. I've notices that 42 people have viewed, but only three of us are posting.....what's up with that CMers???

Looking for any and all suggestions for ideas to get this group started, so don't be bashful - I'm pretty much a Folsom-oriented person so I can recommend stuff out here, but post anything that's Memorial Day Weekend that might be of interest. in fact, we could possibly line up a few things....

We are at the brainstorming stage, so storm already!

--hide--

I suggest lunch biggrin

May 06 new

Okay, building on Reena and Bill:

Lunch and Hike afterward? Now how about locations???

May 06 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Okay, building on Reena and Bill: Lunch and Hike afterward? Now how about locations???<...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

Okay, building on Reena and Bill:

Lunch and Hike afterward? Now how about locations???

--hide--

I might skip the hike if it's too hot I'm sorry duck

Notoma Lake in Folsom has nice easy trails though. Old town Folsom I think has nice restaurants.

May 06 new

How about morning hike (heat-dependent...) and THEN lunch?

Posts 1 - 10 of 11