Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: "Picture this ... your 7 year-old daughter comes home from school in tears. You ask ...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

"Picture this ... your 7 year-old daughter comes home from school in tears. You ask her what’s wrong and she says she’s afraid to go to the bathroom at school because a boy comes in while she’s there. Outraged, you call the school to demand an explanation. You’re told that your daughter is telling the truth, but because the boy says he wants to be a girl, their hands are tied. “It’s the law.” Sound far-fetched? Think again. This is exactly what lies ahead under new legislation pending in the California legislature. But there’s more ... much more."

--hide--

Things have already spread. These two are off the top of my head:

Macy employee in Texas is fired when she didn't allow a transgendered male into the women's fitting room. Macy's and Bloomingdale's has a LGBT friendly policy:www.ncregister.com

In Colorado, transgendered boy tries to join girl scouts. Initially is declined, then is allowed: www.nydailynews.com

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-17521 said: I would love to be a lawyer in California if this law passes. I see billions of dollars in sexual...
(Quote) Andrew-17521 said:

I would love to be a lawyer in California if this law passes. I see billions of dollars in sexual harassment lawsuits.

--hide--

Andrew!! You are back! Speaking of CA lawyers, got a good joke for you.

Why does CA have so many lawyers, and New Jersey have so many toxic waste dumps?

New Jersey got to pick first.

May 5th 2013 new

St Thomas More, pray for us

May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: That I believe that something similar to Sodom and Gommorrh will occur in the future is something I have po...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

That I believe that something similar to Sodom and Gommorrh will occur in the future is something I have posted on these Forums time and time again. Nobody believed me.
--hide--

well if it happens we wont be around....and if it doesnt happen u can still claim it will happen in the future sometime.u have to be specific though...horrrible things happen all the time to people on earth in mass numbers
May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: "Picture this ... your 7 year-old daughter comes home from school in tears. You ask ...

"Picture this ... your 7 year-old daughter comes home from school in tears. You ask her what’s wrong and she says she’s afraid to go to the bathroom at school because a boy comes in while she’s there. Outraged, you call the school to demand an explanation. You’re told that your daughter is telling the truth, but because the boy says he wants to be a girl, their hands are tied. “It’s the law.” Sound far-fetched? Think again. This is exactly what lies ahead under new legislation pending in the California legislature. But there’s more ... much more."

--hide--

I feel some information about this scenario is lacking. Is this something you have encountered in your life? I am putting myself in that 7 year old's shoes and I can't see why she would be "afraid". Maybe uncomfortable or uneasy...maybe those feelings are interchangeable with fear. When my daughter was seven, or even when I was seven, boys in the bathroom wouldn't be something I'd cry over.

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Ellen-813688 said: I feel some information about this scenario is lacking. Is this something you have en...
(Quote) Ellen-813688 said:

I feel some information about this scenario is lacking. Is this something you have encountered in your life? I am putting myself in that 7 year old's shoes and I can't see why she would be "afraid". Maybe uncomfortable or uneasy...maybe those feelings are interchangeable with fear. When my daughter was seven, or even when I was seven, boys in the bathroom wouldn't be something I'd cry over.

--hide--

This quote came directly from the website I posted, you might be interested to read it. I grew up with three brothers so it wouldn't bother me either. However, there are girls who are not used to being around boys in this area. Either way, is it really appropriate for young girls to be exposed to the male anatomy in school? Let's keep on topic. There is such a thing as unisex restrooms. Why do they feel there should be a LAW for the small percentage of the population who are transgender? This isn't about what a young child might feel on the inside, it is about the anatomy of their bodies.
Are you saying a law like this wouldn't bother you?

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: It should disband and reform as a Catholic organization. This has precedence, since in ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

It should disband and reform as a Catholic organization. This has precedence, since in France there are Boy Scouts and Girls Guides that are part of the Church, even allied as part of Traditionalist parishes.

It could be done in California, and other states as well. A Scout troop that is a part of a parish would be harder to destroy than a national organization.

--hide--

Love this idea. I just love it... YES...

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: (Quote) Laura-56149 said: "Picture this ... your 7 year-old ...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Quote:
Laura-56149 said:

Things have already spread. These two are off the top of my head:

Macy employee in Texas is fired when she didn't allow a transgendered male into the women's fitting room. Macy's and Bloomingdale's has a LGBT friendly policy//www.ncregister.com/blog/steven-greydanus/really-macys

In Colorado, transgendered boy tries to join girl scouts. Initially is declined, then is allowed: www.nydailynews.com

--hide--

OH NO....

May 6th 2013 new

--hide--

Hmm! I am pretty parocial. Is the following typical in other regions? It is around here........At public adult dance/beerpaty fundraisers it is common for the women to get in the men's line and use the same facilities simultaneously. I have never seen a man "crash" a womens line however.

"times they are a changin"

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: This quote came directly from the website I posted, you might be interested to read it. I ...

This quote came directly from the website I posted, you might be interested to read it. I grew up with three brothers so it wouldn't bother me either. However, there are girls who are not used to being around boys in this area. Either way, is it really appropriate for young girls to be exposed to the male anatomy in school? Let's keep on topic. There is such a thing as unisex restrooms. Why do they feel there should be a LAW for the small percentage of the population who are transgender? This isn't about what a young child might feel on the inside, it is about the anatomy of their bodies.
Are you saying a law like this wouldn't bother you?

--hide--

Yes, I suppose I am a bit off topic.

Posts 21 - 30 of 45