Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

This prayer is for all the members and non-members on Catholic Match who are unemployed.

May 1st is the feast of St. Joseph the Worker. Here is a beautiful prayer to him composed by St. Pope Pius X.

A Prayer to St. Joseph the Worker

O Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations, to work with gratitude and joy, in a spirit of penance for the remission of my sins, considering it an honor to employ and develop by means of labor the gifts received from God, to work with order, peace, moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from weariness and difficulties, to work above all with purity of intention and detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account that I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God.
All for Jesus, all through Mary, all after thine example, O Patriarch, St. Joseph. Such shall be my watch-word in life and in death.

Amen.

– Composed by St. Pius X
May 1st 2013 new

Thnak you Denise for this tread. I love St. Joseph. Thank you St. Joseph. theheart knight-errant rose

May 1st 2013 new

Praying Bow St. Joseph Pray for us all. theheart

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Denise-687929 said: This prayer is for all the members and non-members on Catholic Match who are unemployed.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

This prayer is for all the members and non-members on Catholic Match who are unemployed.

May 1st is the feast of St. Joseph the Worker. Here is a beautiful prayer to him composed by St. Pope Pius X.

A Prayer to St. Joseph the Worker

O Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations, to work with gratitude and joy, in a spirit of penance for the remission of my sins, considering it an honor to employ and develop by means of labor the gifts received from God, to work with order, peace, moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from weariness and difficulties, to work above all with purity of intention and detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account that I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God.
All for Jesus, all through Mary, all after thine example, O Patriarch, St. Joseph. Such shall be my watch-word in life and in death.

Amen.

– Composed by St. Pius X
--hide--

Thank you Denise. I love St Joseph. I know so many people who are unemployed and we should be thinking of them and praying for them today.

rosary theheart Praying
May 1st 2013 new

Beautiful Praying

May 1st 2013 new

Denise, thank you for posting this thread. God bless you. Praying theheart rose hug

May 2nd 2013 new

St Joseph, Pray for us

May 2nd 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

May 2nd 2013 new

I have been out of work since last June. I have been searching for employment and there has been nothing. I pray novena after novena. I was just on St. Jude because funds are just low and I don't know when the next check will come from or how it will come. Thank you for praying for me because some days I feel so low I just can't even ask anymore. I couldn't even finish the St Jude novena....so thank you all for prayers especially when you get down/depressed about the lack of work.

May 2nd 2013 new

May St. Joseph the Worker watch over everyone on this website and keep us all in his good care.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12