Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Meg, thanks for starting this thread. It reminds me of the ones that Mesquite Jerry used to post about Good D...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Meg, thanks for starting this thread. It reminds me of the ones that Mesquite Jerry used to post about Good Deeds/Good Works!

So, in that vein, the other day when I had my mother out for a doctor appointment, we stopped to have lunch at her favorite coffee shop. Mama always wears a hat out, and one of the other patrons came up and complimented her about her hat, and how it brought back memories of a deceased grandparent...About 20 minutes later, I asked for our check---Yep, you guessed it---that kind woman had picked up our lunch tab, without ever saying a word. My mama was just so overjoyed and felt soo blessed and loved. At 92, it was such a gift to her, and made me think of the Prayer of St. Francis and the love for one another.

--hide--

That is a great story, Beverly. Thanks for posting it.

I am grateful that my boss went out of her way to assist our team today; she didn't have to. She is just a very nice person who cares.
May 7th 2013 new
I am so grateful for the flowers. Aren't they amazing? The beauty of them always brings me in Awe and Wonder. How did you make these flowers God? There isn't anybody that can create these flowers. There are so many different plants, flowers, trees, I am not sure if I would ever learn all of them, nor get to see all the kinds of things that grow. I am always talking to God when planting His flowers. Oh and the colors! He is the Master Artist. He created just beauty that surrounds us.
May 7th 2013 new

I am grateful for family and friends, hugs, smiles, my wee one (grandson), my pups and my kitty, the opportunity to go to school, opportunities to serve, my home, life, and I love flowers but have only metal ones lol because I can't grow a thing :-)

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I love flowers but have only metal ones lol because I can't grow a thing :-)
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I love flowers but have only metal ones lol because I can't grow a thing :-)

--hide--

Just a hint, which I've kind of learned the hard way, the real ones need water. laughing laughing eyepopping laughing laughing

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: Just a hint, which I've kind of learned the hard way, the real ones need water.<...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

Just a hint, which I've kind of learned the hard way, the real ones need water.

--hide--

LOL No, Peter you don't understand I have killed an air fern and cactus (neither one of which needed water, well a little water for the cactus), I don't have just a black thumb, I have both thumbs, both hands, both arms all like a plague to anything green with roots. . .except for clover and weeds that produce stickers. . .so go figure lol. My friend didn't believe me either and brought me a ton of Moonflowers, that were taking over her garden, two weeks later she comes back, I take her out to where we planted this most hearty of plants and not a single one still alive and I followed her written instructions to the T.

It is a very good thing I was born in this day and time, if I were born earlier. . .my kids would have no vegetables to eat, they wouldn't have any meat because I can't hunt and even if I could I can't even cut up a fryer chicken and they would be naked because I can't sew either and we'd have no tent because I can't sew. . .and I can't cut on a straight line. . .I am hopeless. But, I can cook and I can make tools from stone, so I do have that going for me lol.

May 19th 2013 new
I am grateful for others' gifts and talents. Together as friends, as 'team's, blessings happen. I also appreciate new lessons learned and insights received.
May 19th 2013 new
I am grateful for the Catholic schools I went too,especially when the nuns were present. theheart
I'm grateful for the ability to take a long swim with friends in the sea. You get a Gold Star! :goldstar
I am grateful for the mountains I can see,the forested areas and the seas around us.
My three sons and one grandson. biggrin
May 19th 2013 new
Silly me, I thought this thread was going to be about potato chips.
I'm definitely greatful for potato chips.
May 20th 2013 new
(quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: I am grateful for the Catholic schools I went too,especially when the nuns were present.
I'm grateful for the ability to take a long swim with friends in the sea. :goldstar
I am grateful for the mountains I can see,the forested areas and the seas around us.
My three sons and one grandson.
Oh, yes, the nuns. I remember being wrapped in the habit of my wonderful third grade Sister/teacher after I fell down and skinned my knee. It must be how it feels to be hugged by the Blessed Virgin. Father, too, was wonderful. He was always cheerful, dutiful practical and devout. I am grateful for the memories.
May 29th 2013 new
I love the insight, perspective and talents each person we meet brings to our lives. There is always something new to learn, realize, or appreciate.
Posts 11 - 20 of 23