Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: YES! Perfect! You made my day!! Thank you......Oh, what a wonderful world it is. You are Que...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

YES! Perfect! You made my day!! Thank you......Oh, what a wonderful world it is.
You are Queen of day, Rosemarie.
--hide--
YAY!! I've been looking for this one, too, Rosemarie! You're the best~~ thanks! hug

May 2nd 2013 new

After last week's fantastic CM Phoenix, I'm feeling a little "anti-climactic"...so I'd have to agree with Lina, I'm looking forward to heading out to another CM Event and sharing all that fantastic friendship, fun, and fellowship with others!

Now that the snow's melted here in the Sierras, I'm into Spring cleaning, planting some flowers, and heading out on the hiking trails. Can't wait to get over to see the falls in Yosemite!!

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: After last week's fantastic CM Phoenix, I'm feeling a little "anti-climactic"...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

After last week's fantastic CM Phoenix, I'm feeling a little "anti-climactic"...so I'd have to agree with Lina, I'm looking forward to heading out to another CM Event and sharing all that fantastic friendship, fun, and fellowship with others!

Now that the snow's melted here in the Sierras, I'm into Spring cleaning, planting some flowers, and heading out on the hiking trails. Can't wait to get over to see the falls in Yosemite!!

--hide--

Looking forward to our community choir concert this weekend--one song is: Walk Like a Man
Looking forward to the melting of our snow
Looking forward to the first crocus--May 15?
Looking forward to the golf course opening here
Looking forward to the OPENING of the local nursery
Looking forward to the midnight sun next month
Looking forward to using my Sedona Dirt Bag! laughing

May 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) John-34848 said: (Quote) Beverly-649723 said: After last week's fantastic CM Phoenix, I'm f...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Quote:
Beverly-649723 said:

Looking forward to our community choir concert this weekend--one song is: Walk Like a Man
Looking forward to the melting of our snow
Looking forward to the first crocus--May 15?
Looking forward to the golf course opening here
Looking forward to the OPENING of the local nursery
Looking forward to the midnight sun next month
Looking forward to using my Sedona Dirt Bag!

--hide--

Never heard of the midnight sun. Is it shining at midnight? Maybe like a sunset? Must be pretty awesome to look at.
May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Never heard of the midnight sun. Is it shining at midnight? Maybe like a sunset? Must be pretty ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Never heard of the midnight sun. Is it shining at midnight? Maybe like a sunset? Must be pretty awesome to look at.
--hide--

Due to our location(north of the 60th degree of lattitude), we have sunlight and daylight in varying amounts.
June & July: our sun sets at approx 12:30am(hence the midnight sun) and rises at 5:00am--about 19 hours of daylight
Dec & Jan: our sets at 3:15pm and rises at 10am--about 5 hours of daylight

May 3rd 2013 new

Cindy, it's a lot like a regular sunset...but you check your watch and realize that it's 11:55 pm and the sun is still 30 degrees above the horizon. Surreal.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: Looking forward to using my Sedona Dirt Bag!
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Looking forward to using my Sedona Dirt Bag!

--hide--
When I went into Scottsdale on Sunday I found a Red Dirt T-Shirt store and yes, a t-shirt that says Old As Dirt. I don't know if I can wear it though. It would probably turn my skin red. laughing laughing laughing

May 3rd 2013 new

As for Easin' On Down The Road...for the first time in many years I have no plans for the summer. I spend so much of my free time going other places, maybe it's time to explore North Carolina. wide eyed

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Cindy, it's a lot like a regular sunset...but you check your watch and realize that it's ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Cindy, it's a lot like a regular sunset...but you check your watch and realize that it's 11:55 pm and the sun is still 30 degrees above the horizon. Surreal.

--hide--

There is a Midnight Sun Baseball Game held in Fairbanks, Alaska on the summer solstice each year. baseball Sunrise

www.goldpanners.com

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: There is a Midnight Sun Baseball Game held in Fairbanks, Alaska on the summer solstic...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

There is a Midnight Sun Baseball Game held in Fairbanks, Alaska on the summer solstice each year.

www.goldpanners.com

--hide--

and they only use one light...the sun!

Posts 11 - 20 of 48