Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) John-34848 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Never heard of the midnight sun. Is it shining at midnight? Ma...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Never heard of the midnight sun. Is it shining at midnight? Maybe like a sunset? Must be pretty awesome to look at.

Due to our location(north of the 60th degree of lattitude), we have sunlight and daylight in varying amounts.
June & July: our sun sets at approx 12:30am(hence the midnight sun) and rises at 5:00am--about 19 hours of daylight
Dec & Jan: our sets at 3:15pm and rises at 10am--about 5 hours of daylight

--hide--

Wow! 19 hours of daylight, how does your garden grow? I bet it is bountiful!

It was be neat to see the sun at 12 midnight. Those are long days to work.

I am taking a guess that the rest of months might be normal time? That is according to Pittsburgh,Pa.

Have you taken any pictures of the midnight sun? It would nice to see some. Right now it is May, how long is your daylight?

Where in the world do you live? On the top of the world?

biggrin Sunrise
May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) John-34848 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Never heard of the midnight s...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:
Quote:
John-34848 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Never heard of the midnight sun. Is it shining at midnight? Maybe like a sunset? Must be pretty awesome to look at.

Due to our location(north of the 60th degree of lattitude), we have sunlight and daylight in varying amounts.
June & July: our sun sets at approx 12:30am(hence the midnight sun) and rises at 5:00am--about 19 hours of daylight
Dec & Jan: our sets at 3:15pm and rises at 10am--about 5 hours of daylight

Wow! 19 hours of daylight, how does your garden grow? I bet it is bountiful!

It was be neat to see the sun at 12 midnight. Those are long days to work.

I am taking a guess that the rest of months might be normal time? That is according to Pittsburgh,Pa.

Have you taken any pictures of the midnight sun? It would nice to see some. Right now it is

May, how long is your daylight?

Where in the world do you live? On the top of the world?

--hide--

Was....should be would.
May 4th 2013 new

I am looking forward to going to Aruba with my kids later this summer.

May 4th 2013 new

I will be traveling in Asia for some intensive course soon. Thus, taking a break from CM. wave

May 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: I will be traveling in Asia for some intensive course soon. Thus, taking a break from CM.
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

I will be traveling in Asia for some intensive course soon. Thus, taking a break from CM.

--hide--

You'll be missed, hurry back. biggrin
May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Even further: being slim again; moving to WI Eventually: Heaven
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Even further: being slim again; moving to WI

Eventually: Heaven

--hide--

Love all your goals, Lina. I was listng to Kathleen Dunn on Wisconsin Public Radio earlier this week on a show abt aging baby boomers. At one point, she quoted a friend who said "What we ought to do is buy a pretty piece of land and all build there and take care of each other." That spurred a lot of thoughts abt how to build an eco-friendly, well-designed single-floor condo project for seniors. Shared laundry, share community room, one garage w/multiple stalls. Private dwellings, 2 BR each. Those are my thoughts.

I was talking with a family friend yesterday whose husband is in the construction business. We were talking abt bldg a condominium project. This just might happen! I love where I live, it's a neat town. Let me know if this is an idea for you.

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Love all your goals, Lina. I was listng to Kathleen Dunn on Wisconsin Public Radio earli...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Love all your goals, Lina. I was listng to Kathleen Dunn on Wisconsin Public Radio earlier this week on a show abt aging baby boomers. At one point, she quoted a friend who said "What we ought to do is buy a pretty piece of land and all build there and take care of each other." That spurred a lot of thoughts abt how to build an eco-friendly, well-designed single-floor condo project for seniors. Shared laundry, share community room, one garage w/multiple stalls. Private dwellings, 2 BR each. Those are my thoughts.

I was talking with a family friend yesterday whose husband is in the construction business. We were talking abt bldg a condominium project. This just might happen! I love where I live, it's a neat town. Let me know if this is an idea for you.

--hide--
Aww! That taking-care-of-each-other, communal living concept IS loving, isn't it? But I love Marquette County or the Holy Hill area.....

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: ...what are you looking forward to ?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

...what are you looking forward to ?

--hide--
Hey, Facilitator Marge, what are YOU looking forward to? scratchchin

May 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: ...what are you looking forward to ?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

...what are you looking forward to ?

--hide--

Cooking breakfast for my husband . . . oh wait, I don't have one yet

weeping laughing
May 4th 2013 new

I am looking to : traveling to Switzerland and to Illinois this summer and going outside this afternoon and getting a tan! biggrin

Posts 21 - 30 of 48