Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 2nd 2013 new

Yes, that special person is out there. Sometimes we look so hard, that we can't see that person is right infront of us. Enjoy what life is giving you at the moment. Being alone is preparing you for that one lucky lady. You need to believe not daubt, that she is ourthere waiting for you and that it will be worth the waite.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-938526 said: Yes, that special person is out there. Sometimes we look so hard, that we can't see that pers...
(Quote) Maria-938526 said:

Yes, that special person is out there. Sometimes we look so hard, that we can't see that person is right infront of us. Enjoy what life is giving you at the moment. Being alone is preparing you for that one lucky lady. You need to believe not daubt, that she is ourthere waiting for you and that it will be worth the waite.

--hide--

I hope you're right, Maria ... But I'm not getting any younger, so something better happen soon or I won't have much time left for this lucky lady ,,

May 3rd 2013 new

From one Richard to another: I am still hopeful. It can be hard when nothing in the dating arena is going your way or going at all. I do wonder a lot and I mean a lot, "is this really what God wants fo me?" The source of my hope though, as others have mentioned, is the strong desire in my heart. I read in a prayer reflection once about a Scripture passage (Jer 17:9?) that God places that strong desire for our soulmate in our hearts. He wouldn't place it there if he did not want us to work toward it and if he did not want to give it to us. God does not torture us (we torture ourselves), but does what is best for us. I hate cliches so I wouldn't be saying this unless I lived this out EVERY DAY of my continuous single life.

Each one of us is unique, but I beleive there are many people out there for whom we are compatible as soulmates. I can't beleive God would create a soul for whom there was not someone else for. That would be a kind of hell.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-632838 said: From one Richard to another: I am still hopeful. It can be hard when nothing in the dating aren...
(Quote) Richard-632838 said:

From one Richard to another: I am still hopeful. It can be hard when nothing in the dating arena is going your way or going at all. I do wonder a lot and I mean a lot, "is this really what God wants fo me?" The source of my hope though, as others have mentioned, is the strong desire in my heart. I read in a prayer reflection once about a Scripture passage (Jer 17:9?) that God places that strong desire for our soulmate in our hearts. He wouldn't place it there if he did not want us to work toward it and if he did not want to give it to us. God does not torture us (we torture ourselves), but does what is best for us. I hate cliches so I wouldn't be saying this unless I lived this out EVERY DAY of my continuous single life.

Each one of us is unique, but I beleive there are many people out there for whom we are compatible as soulmates. I can't beleive God would create a soul for whom there was not someone else for. That would be a kind of hell.

--hide--

Hey Richard ...yes, I too think that would be a kind of hell ... It makes one think that they are a misfit or a failure at life or someone who just doesn't connect ,,,it is so isolating...

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--

I have hope. Not my will but His will be done Praying

May 3rd 2013 new

Been there. Done that. I think we sometimes forget we have an amazing power to reach out to people. Outgoing people are that way because they take the initiative and aren't afraid if they get rebuffed. When I feel isolated, it is usually because I have isolated myself. I'm back on CM because its something proactive that I can do and while none of my dates on here have led to a long-term relationship, what I learn will help when I finally do meet that someone... whenever that will be.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is...

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--
Richard: (as for me) I take one day at a time; Thats all i can do. Its (sometimes) frustrating but; I keep on "truckin"!

May 3rd 2013 new

--hide--
I think I have let go of even thinking about it, Richard. Yes, I would like to share with a man the deepest meanings of marriage; I've had glimpses of the heaven that it can be. But I also am working on plans for the future that include just myself. I trust that God is leading, and whether my path will be shared or solo'd, it will be the right one for me. I'll rejoice in what I have right now, rather than bemoan what I lack.

May 3rd 2013 new

--hide--

I think that a person has to believe against all odds about many things.
Optimism is healthier for a person than negative thinking. I feel optimistic when I meet people in real life and also when I establish a human connection with another. I think THAT should be our focus here and out of those connections, things can happen.. I would encourage anyone to keep tryiong to make a new friend. I encourage you to do so Richard- too! I think you never knpow who can be around the next corner. I feel the same about myself. When I have made a new friend it gives me much hope. Isolation breeds depression.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-632838 said: Been there. Done that. I think we sometimes forget we have an amazing power to reach out to peo...
(Quote) Richard-632838 said:

Been there. Done that. I think we sometimes forget we have an amazing power to reach out to people. Outgoing people are that way because they take the initiative and aren't afraid if they get rebuffed. When I feel isolated, it is usually because I have isolated myself. I'm back on CM because its something proactive that I can do and while none of my dates on here have led to a long-term relationship, what I learn will help when I finally do meet that someone... whenever that will be.

--hide--

clap clap clap

Posts 11 - 20 of 186