Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 8th 2013 new

A reflection from St. Therese:

The time may be delayed,

The manner may be unexpected,

But the answer is sure to come.

Not a tear of sacred sorrow,

Not a breath of holy desire,

Poured out to God will ever be lost,

But in God's own time and way

Will be wafted back again in clouds of mercy,

And fall in showers of blessings on you,

And for those for whom you pray.

May 8th 2013 new

Thank you, Meg! Veronica wave theheart

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Lauren ,,, No, although I like to dance, there were no obviously single women in ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Hi Lauren ,,, No, although I like to dance, there were no obviously single women in my age range to ask ... Not an excuse, just the way it was ... Though I probably would be too shy and unconfident to ask anyways ..

I do get your point about appearences sometimes being deceiving, that the happy couples arent' always happy behind closed doors ... But really that issn't any consolation .. I am sure there ARE many happy couples ... plus we all strive to have a happy & good relationship .. I don't want to believe that most are unhappy just to ease my anxiety and have me feel better about my lot in life .. But I get your point, and appreciate it

--hide--
Richard my priest told me something so cool. He said he had a young lady come to him in despair of being single. he counseled with her and asked the young lady what she was doing to meet prospective husbands. She told him, "well Father, I am praying". Now my priest is a wonderful Irish priest and in his best Irish rogue he said, "But you are not getting out there. Get out there and look". And so what was the ending you ask? Yes, she met someone! If we look at how many sales people sell to a customer I think it is a small percentage. And how many leads to get a sales call? So there, law of averages. Adam and Eve were not online with lots of choices and qualifiers. Hmmm (can't find Emotigram thingy for scratching head)

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Annette-969665 said: Richard my priest told me something so cool. He said he had a young lady come to him in despair...
(Quote) Annette-969665 said:

Richard my priest told me something so cool. He said he had a young lady come to him in despair of being single. he counseled with her and asked the young lady what she was doing to meet prospective husbands. She told him, "well Father, I am praying". Now my priest is a wonderful Irish priest and in his best Irish rogue he said, "But you are not getting out there. Get out there and look". And so what was the ending you ask? Yes, she met someone! If we look at how many sales people sell to a customer I think it is a small percentage. And how many leads to get a sales call? So there, law of averages. Adam and Eve were not online with lots of choices and qualifiers. Hmmm (can't find Emotigram thingy for scratching head)

--hide--
scratchchin I think this is the right smiley person for the post

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Annette-969665 said: Richard my priest told me something so cool. He said he had a young lady come to him in despair...
(Quote) Annette-969665 said:

--hide--

Point well taken, Annette .. I guess it's just that I have been "putting myself out there" for a lot of years and have nothing to show for it .. It takes one's spirit away to be in essence rejected so consistently ... But I do see your point and I do appreciate it ...

Richard

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Carol-737878 said: A reflection from St. Therese: The time may be delayed, The manner may be une...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

A reflection from St. Therese:

The time may be delayed,

The manner may be unexpected,

But the answer is sure to come.

Not a tear of sacred sorrow,

Not a breath of holy desire,

Poured out to God will ever be lost,

But in God's own time and way

Will be wafted back again in clouds of mercy,

And fall in showers of blessings on you,

And for those for whom you pray.

--hide--

That is beautiful. Thank you for posting that, Carol. This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 181 - 186 of 186