Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 3rd 2013 new

One of the reasons I keep coming back to the various topics in the forums is to read all the wisdom that is shared here!

I found this quote somewhere--and I apologize for not knowing the source: One's soulmate is only visible to the person who is living in the will of God. Keep your eyes on heaven. You won't miss "the one" if you keep your eyes on Christ. He won't let it happen!

That's encouraging, isn't it?!

So get rid of that 8 ball & get into the Word!!

May 3rd 2013 new

Well said Leon. biggrin wave

May 3rd 2013 new

This is an excellent topic. I think about this very often now that I am in my forties. I hope I do as well as everybody else on this site. Have a great day.

May 3rd 2013 new

Peter, those of us with strong Temperament Types, especially with the majority being of the Choleric (like yourself and myself), have got to be patient with God. He didn't make too many Catholics who were very Phlegmatic (those who can tolerate the strength of our Temperaments), normally those people are protestants who think that Jesus did it all for us so having a free ride they are sitting in front of the television set instead of active in the Church and community. This means it will take some time and probably effort on our parts.

If we are supposed to be married, He'll send someone along who will be perfect for our hearts and souls.

If there is no-one able to handle taking care of my needs or who i can keep up with his, it will be God's will, and i have quite a few friends who will take care of checking on me 2-3 times daily and providing entertainment when necessary as they do now.

May 3rd 2013 new

I will once I get over my anxiety problems. Does anyone else suffer from them?

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marie-358484 said: Peter, those of us with strong Temperament Types, especially with the majority being of the Chole...
(Quote) Marie-358484 said:

Peter, those of us with strong Temperament Types, especially with the majority being of the Choleric (like yourself and myself), have got to be patient with God. He didn't make too many Catholics who were very Phlegmatic (those who can tolerate the strength of our Temperaments), normally those people are protestants who think that Jesus did it all for us so having a free ride they are sitting in front of the television set instead of active in the Church and community. This means it will take some time and probably effort on our parts.
If we are supposed to be married, He'll send someone along who will be perfect for our hearts and souls.

If there is no-one able to handle taking care of my needs or who i can keep up with his, it will be God's will, and i have quite a few friends who will take care of checking on me 2-3 times daily and providing entertainment when necessary as they do now.

--hide--

Marie, do you really think that or is it a proven fact about the Phlegmatics being in the minority?

It is true that I may be drawn more the the sanguine/choleric temperament, but I don't want someone who is so over the top that I cannot keep up with him in energy level, etc.

What if God sends someone who seems to be perfect but that someone just may not realize it?

I keep praying that if the relationship is the one God ordained for me, that He open the man's eyes & hearts to that fact/possibility.

For many years I have been quite content having a circle of close friends with whom to spend time, to share problems, etc. And if God's will for me is to continue going through the rest of my life as a single-again, woman, then I will have to accept that.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-962589 said: I will once I get over my anxiety problems. Does anyone else suffer from them?
(Quote) Lisa-962589 said:

I will once I get over my anxiety problems. Does anyone else suffer from them?

--hide--

Yes, Lisa, I suffer from anxiety as well. I keep praying for God's perfect peace to flow over & through me. It's so hard to focus on the present moment & to not take a trip into the future--whether it be minutes or years into the future!!! I totally understand!

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I think I have let go of even thinking about it, Richard. Yes, I would like to share with a man th...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I think I have let go of even thinking about it, Richard. Yes, I would like to share with a man the deepest meanings of marriage; I've had glimpses of the heaven that it can be. But I also am working on plans for the future that include just myself. I trust that God is leading, and whether my path will be shared or solo'd, it will be the right one for me. I'll rejoice in what I have right now, rather than bemoan what I lack.

--hide--

Lina, very well said clap

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I would advise you or anyone who is suffering to try to take joy in the smallest things. ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I would advise you or anyone who is suffering to try to take joy in the smallest things. That is a good place to start. Feeling grateful in those small things is a start toward many areas where we can build something. It is a mental/emotional/spiritual exercise that I have to do right this minute because I am struggling right at this moment but it helps me to orient myself into the outlook where I function best and where God can help me and work with me best.

So giving thanks for the small stuff is a starting point and can sometimes turn our thoughts around toward a positive action. Sometimes it is us who has to do the reaching out toward another person.

--hide--

Absolutely right. You always have so good insights, Marian. Thank you for that!!

May 3rd 2013 new

A nice positive story.

This is a copy of my response to a similar thread a couple of months ago.

I grew up near a very small town (population approximately 450) in eastern Washington state.

There were two Catholic couples, both with large families. Both families knew each other for many years since all of the kids had gone to the same schools... and because that's just the way it is in a small town. One lost his wife to cancer and the other lost her husband to another illness when they were in their late 50's, each after over 30 years of marriage. After some time, they started dating each other and were married in their early 60s. They have now been married to their new spouse for about 30 years, as they are now in their early 90s. They are neighbors of my parents and when I was home to see my parents over Christmas, I saw this couple out for a walk around the town. They have a great life together and seem very young for being in their 90s. I'm sure that when they each lost their respective spouses in their late 50s, they would have found it hard to imagine that they would marry again and have a second marriage as long as their first.

Don't give up!

Ed

Posts 31 - 40 of 186