Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 03 new

Guess I'm feeling down because tomorrow I'm going to a wedding ... probably the one millionth time I'm going to a social event alone ... Just wondering if this is the way it will always be, why it would ever be any different ... After all, I had a hard time getting dates when I was 25, so can't expect to find it any bettter now that I am consideraby older ..

May 03 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--

I have thought and thought about this post for days now. I had a match, a beautiful, messy, wonderful match and I never thought I would be halfway through my life and thinking about a second match. One of the things I've had to come to terms with over the last year was the fact that perhaps I am meant to live out the remainder of my life alone, and by alone I mean without a spouse, because I have lots of friends and huge family and four fantastic kiddos and two lovely grandsons. All of whom love me and fill my life with really great things. But, not having my husband to share that with leaves a very large part of me untouched, untapped, unfulfilled. There are parts of you that are only shared with your spouse.

Instead of seeking, I am trying to be open to encounters which may or may not be my next match, and praying that God gives me strength and courage and peace if it is not to be. I know people who never seem to be without a significant other, they may last for months or years marry or not but they always have someone in their lives. And, I wonder how do they do that? I can barely get anyone to talk to me, lol.

So, if God has someone in mind, I hope that I am open enough to see them when they enter my life, and vice versa of course.

May 03 new
My match is God! Everything and anyone else simply compliments this relationship.
May 03 new
I am not optimistic at all, but if I don't try somehow with what little I have to try, I have no chance at all. My dream just won't die. The thought that the woman of my dreams (and, really, of my needs) may not exist is thouroughly depressing, but where can a Catholic go? All I can do is try to get through each day and hope that God will be waiting for me at the end, whenever that may be.
May 03 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Guess I'm feeling down because tomorrow I'm going to a wedding ... probably the one mill...

Guess I'm feeling down because tomorrow I'm going to a wedding ... probably the one millionth time I'm going to a social event alone ...

--hide--

Just know that you are not alone in feeling down once in a while...I believe we who are called to marriage will find our match in God's time. wave

May 03 new

Of late, I am unusually pessimistic that I will ever find a mate. But, I know that the only man I need in my life is Jesus Christ. And, I know He loves me, will protect me, console me, laugh with me, cry with me and be everything and more, than an earthly mate can be. So, while I would like to find a virtuous man to spend the rest of my life with, I can be content with Jesus as the only man in my life.

May 03 new

Richard,

God has done so many great things for me on my life that I don't lose hope anymore. To me life is a big show, and I am the spectator, and God is the actor. This is of course, if I stop worry, if I stop fighting him and use the position He has placed me to the best of my abilities, to grow and prepare for the next step. I know the only thing I need to do is keep my eyes open and keep increasing my wisdom so that I can recognize quickly when He wants me to act on what He is placing in front of me. Sometimes what He places in front of you may come a little bit disguised; it may not look exactly like what you think you need; that's why you need wisdom.
Believe me, sometimes you may be waiting for something for years and then in one single day, everything happens. It is so sudden that you may miss it if you did not prepare yourself to receive it.
Rather than feeling a bit discouraged, I suggest you use this time to prepare mentally to receive what He will bring you. Maybe He hasn't brought it to you yet because you are not yet ready, so prepare.
One way I prepare is to reflect on my life since I was conscious of it all the way up to now, and look at the main thread of it. It is wonderful to see how it unfolded. Places where I have been, people that I have met. If someone had told me when I was 10 years old who I would meet now, what I would be doing, or even how tall I would get, I would laugh in that person's face.
So that time you are being given is to prepare for the next step in life. You can't understand it because you have the ground-level view and He has the 10000-foot view.

May 03 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly ...

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing www.catholicmatch.com
May 03 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly ...

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing www.catholicmatch.com
May 03 new

So do I think I will ever find my match? Absolutely. I am just trying to imagine what she will look like, what she will sound like. Will she be tall or short? Will she be skinny or curvy or voluptuous? Will she be black, hispanic, white, asian or middle eastern? Will she come from the ends of the earth or is she so close that she is (almost) my next door neighbor? Have I met her already and just don't know it, or is our meeting some years out?
God works in mysterious ways.

Posts 51 - 60 of 186