Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 3rd 2013 new
Lauren, I think this is so well said. Sometimes I think if we look too hard we miss the forest for the trees.
May 3rd 2013 new

Yes, I absolutely do!! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!!

May 3rd 2013 new
Wow i am glad I am not the only one feeling this way. It is hard specially since I have not dated in so long i dont know what to do aftr a date. Man are so weird to read.
May 3rd 2013 new
Inte;;ectual match? I doubt it.

Kitchen match to start a "fire" Only use butane lighters.
May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Are you still optimistic? .. I am trying to stay upbeat, but as more and more time passes, it is increasingly difficult to retain that sense of hope ... How do you feel deep down in your heart? Still thinking it will happen, or starting to wear down and wonder if it is just a fantasy notion that will never come to be? .... How do you handle the possibility that there might not be anyone just for you in this whole wide world?

--hide--

It's great to be optimistic and upbeat, hopeful that you will find that special someone. One thing I will say is that person will probably NOT be found here. I've been on a few dating websites in the past year and this one has the least activity of all. You are better served on Catholicmatch.com to read the forums and blogs which are worthy of your time. Other than that, it's doubtful you will find any matches that geographically fit for you. Probably 80% of my searches have resulted in matches living over 100 miles away. Perhaps you will have an easier time of it because of your metropolitan area. I hope so because I know you are discouraged and rightfully so. Good luck in your search. Personally, I will definitely NOT be renewing my subscription to Catholicmatch.com.

May 3rd 2013 new

I believe that if God has ment me to meet someone that it will happen. If not I will have to accept that I have will not find the right one but I am not at that point yet.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-713567 said: Wow i am glad I am not the only one feeling this way. It is hard specially since I have not dated in so ...
(Quote) Maria-713567 said: Wow i am glad I am not the only one feeling this way. It is hard specially since I have not dated in so long i dont know what to do aftr a date. Man are so weird to read.
--hide--

Maria, I do agree with your statement that men are so weird to read. I have been receiving mixed messages for several months now from a guy I've been seeing.

And Marjorie--the guy I'm referring to is one I met on this site! I think God gave me this person to be a friend who gave me so much support when I needed it. We have really comfortable, fun, low-key times together & I really appreciate it. To make it even easier to meet, we live in neighboring towns.

If he is TRULY my match, then I will be glad to reply to this question with a loud YES!

May 3rd 2013 new

Probably not, because I doubt if any living female would put up with me.

May 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Marie, do you really think that or is it a proven fact about the Phlegmatics being in th...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Marie, do you really think that or is it a proven fact about the Phlegmatics being in the minority?

It is true that I may be drawn more the the sanguine/choleric temperament, but I don't want someone who is so over the top that I cannot keep up with him in energy level, etc.

What if God sends someone who seems to be perfect but that someone just may not realize it?

I keep praying that if the relationship is the one God ordained for me, that He open the man's eyes & hearts to that fact/possibility.

For many years I have been quite content having a circle of close friends with whom to spend time, to share problems, etc. And if God's will for me is to continue going through the rest of my life as a single-again, woman, then I will have to accept that.

--hide--

i guess i've just seen more of us who have a lot of Choleric in our Temperament Type than others in the forums. i have no specific proof. Most of my best friends who like and appreciate me are very Phlegmatic in Temperament and it would seem that would be the best for a match in the Temperament Type comparisons from the advice but realistically, of course type A's are more likely to be vocal in the forums.

May 4th 2013 new

Even if I don't ever meet my match I'm not going to give up. For me sometimes the search as been just as beneficial I've grown alot.

Posts 61 - 70 of 186