Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

May 06 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Andy, I too wonder why they would be permitted to form a group on a Catholic university, but I al...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Andy, I too wonder why they would be permitted to form a group on a Catholic university, but I also ask why you would wish to confront them? What do you hope to accomplish? I don't like the in your face t-shirts either, and I don't like that they want their lifestyle celebrated, but whether we like it or not they are among us. It is not a choice for them, if it was you or I could wake up tomorrow morning and say, you know I'm bored, I think I'll try being homosexual from now on. Doesn't work that way. Confronting them would be an exercise in frustration, accomplish nothing, and could even get you in trouble with the political correctness mafia. Pray for them, but ignore them.

--hide--
I don't think ignoring them is the right way to go. Communicating in a respectful way is, in my opinion, much better.

May 06 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Groups like that don't care Andy. Nothing will dissuade them from their view that you are a b...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Groups like that don't care Andy. Nothing will dissuade them from their view that you are a bigot. Not even being nice to them. Christians make a big mistake thinking being nice will make a difference with them.

Their whole goal is to marginalize us and to deprive us of our religious freedom and our conscience rights. I tried the nice route for years in my 20s. It doesn't work.
--hide--
Being nice will always make a difference, and communicating with each other can never be wrong.

May 06 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I have to take exception with your "the only ones not called to chastity is a married couple." ...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I have to take exception with your "the only ones not called to chastity is a married couple." The primary definition of chastity is "purity in thought and action." A married couple most definitely is called to be so, just as we all are, maybe even especially so, since marriage is to be the mirroring of God's love for and relationship with the Church, His bride. A husband and wife can commit sexual sin with each other, when they act in lust rather than holy love.
--hide--
I used the word chastity where I should have used sexual abstinence, mea culpa.

May 06 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: I would to to the Catholic Univ Administration to understand why they allow it and expla...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

I would to to the Catholic Univ Administration to understand why they allow it and explain to them your views that it is offensive to the majority of the student body there.
Maybe ask them if you could wear a t-shirt that says "homosexuals are not Christian" or "thinking about committing a homosexual act is a sin". The students should have a right to openly express their Christian values the same as the homosexuals have the right to express there un-Christian values.

--hide--
"homosexuals are not christian"... Do you care to explain that?

May 06 new

(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said: Going into the lions' den as such can be a very brave thing to do. I would be sure you pr...
(Quote) Stephanie-811058 said:

Going into the lions' den as such can be a very brave thing to do. I would be sure you pray about it a lot before finalizing your decision. In my experience, the GSA members are militant in their defense of homosexuality and many will not even consider listening to any reasonable discussion of Catholic teaching.

--hide--
Some have a very immature way of communicating and are really most interested in fiery confrontations. These characters can be found in both groups. The wise way of communicating is to find those with a more mature attitude and spend some time with them to find a common ground of understanding, and then build from there.

May 06 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Yeah. The one thing that happens after you engage militant homosexuals is that you become a targe...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Yeah. The one thing that happens after you engage militant homosexuals is that you become a target. They will bully you and do everything they can to intimidate you into shutting up. I started getting obscene phone calls in college after I wrote a column on homosexuality. That was 20 years ago. I'm sure it's much worse now.

They are not interested in compromise.
--hide--
Being christian makes you a target. The evil one isn't too happy with any follower of Jesus you know.

May 06 new

Jesus sent His disciples out to preach. He told them if they came to a place where the people were not interested in listening that the disciple should just move on. You should do that.

There are better uses of your time than to try and change the minds of people that believe they are homosexual.

May 06 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: "homosexuals are not christian"... Do you care to explain that?
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

"homosexuals are not christian"... Do you care to explain that?

--hide--

I don't think that it requires an explanation; when you believe and follow Jesus' teaching you are Christian. I know that some Protestants believe that they are saved by having faith in Jesus as our savior but don't take responsibility for their actions in obeying the commandments.

Loving one another does not mean "gay is OK".

It would be interesting for an explanation that they are Christian, or maybe some of them are. It's not proven that homosexuals were born that way; so it's not a issue like being a racist.

May 08 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: I don't think that it requires an explanation; when you believe and follow Jesus'...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

I don't think that it requires an explanation; when you believe and follow Jesus' teaching you are Christian. I know that some Protestants believe that they are saved by having faith in Jesus as our savior but don't take responsibility for their actions in obeying the commandments.

Loving one another does not mean "gay is OK".

It would be interesting for an explanation that they are Christian, or maybe some of them are. It's not proven that homosexuals were born that way; so it's not a issue like being a racist.

--hide--
Being gay is not a sin nor does it disqualify someone from being christian. Having sex with someone of the same gender is though. Do you see the difference?

May 08 new

(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said: Jesus sent His disciples out to preach. He told them if they came to a place where the people ...
(Quote) Lawrence-943343 said:

Jesus sent His disciples out to preach. He told them if they came to a place where the people were not interested in listening that the disciple should just move on. You should do that.

There are better uses of your time than to try and change the minds of people that believe they are homosexual.

--hide--
Which people are "worth" saving or spending time on then if homosexuals are not among them? Is there a list to be found somewhere ranking people in worthiness?

Posts 31 - 40 of 71