Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-720860 said: Jesus' teaching about committing it in your heart is the equivalent to imagining/fantasizing about an immoral act. We cannot control all the thoughts that "pop" into our minds, but we can choose to continue the thought and actively imagine/fantasize which although not a physical action IS an act of will. An act of will is required for a sin to be committed.

As for homosexual acts being worse than pre/extra marital sex is kind of splitting hairs as ALL are mortal sins.
I agree....yes, we must make an act of the will to indulge , dwell on such thoughts I agree...and thus that would be sinful...don't deny that, or the fact we can't control what pops up in our minds.

i know both adultery and homosexuality are mortal sins but I do not believe all mortal sins are the same.......

perhaps adultery is worse due to cevenant of marriage....
Posts 71 - 71 of 71