Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Jean-967837 said: Ah, I was just looking for an answer about why men who had emoticonned me had missing or unavailable profiles. T...
(Quote) Jean-967837 said:

Ah, I was just looking for an answer about why men who had emoticonned me had missing or unavailable profiles. That answers that!

--hide--

You are not the only one. I messaged a "woman" one day, she wrote back, and in less than two hours the profile was unavailable.....and the profile still said "New Member" when I wrote.
May 8th 2013 new
She knew you were too good for her, Paul, so she gave up entirely.
May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: She knew you were too good for her, Paul, so she gave up entirely.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: She knew you were too good for her, Paul, so she gave up entirely.
--hide--

laughing I did not put very much in my remarks, Lina :) In fact, all I asked was "how long have you been playing the violin?"
May 8th 2013 new
Asking about the violin must've made her think you'd be "stringing" her along. rolling eyes laughing
May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Asking about the violin must've made her think you'd be "stringing" her along.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Asking about the violin must've made her think you'd be "stringing" her along.
--hide--

laughing clap
May 8th 2013 new
Another tip is to watch comma use. Particularly the scammers from Africa don't understand comma and spacing conventions. So you'll see for example: I like baseball,basketball,football,all athletics. So instead of comma followed by a space you see a long list with no spaces. The phrasing also sounds odd at times. On a couple of secular sites I used briefly I saw this all the time.
May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Felicity-929402 said: Oh weird! Is that what that is..? I just had that happen today for the first time, but the...
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said:

Oh weird! Is that what that is..? I just had that happen today for the first time, but the 'person' did my quiz.

--hide--

Good info everyone! Also, be aware that if someone takes your quiz, and there is anything particularly revealing about it or could clue a scammer into your weak area or give them potential conversation topics through which to hook you, might want to clarify that.

Agreed with all that prayer and discernment will ALWAYS work for you if you truly let them. The key is to pray BEFORE you get hooked on the guy's lines!

May 11th 2013 new

If you are wondering whether the person you are corresponding with is male or female, there is a web-site that can help. The web-site "GenderGenie", enables you to copy & paste text from correspondence into a box for evaluation. They evaluate the text as to male and female speech patterns and word usage. They will give you an immediate opinion as to whether the author of the text is male or female. When I have had suspicions, they have ultimately confirmed my suspicisions!

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-742707 said: Another tip is to watch comma use. Particularly the scammers from Africa don't understand comma and...
(Quote) Monica-742707 said: Another tip is to watch comma use. Particularly the scammers from Africa don't understand comma and spacing conventions. So you'll see for example: I like baseball,basketball,football,all athletics. So instead of comma followed by a space you see a long list with no spaces. The phrasing also sounds odd at times. On a couple of secular sites I used briefly I saw this all the time.
--hide--
I wish this was an error exclusive to foreigners. Too many born-and-raised Americans lack comma knowledge.

May 11th 2013 new

Wow. That explains a lot. Part of my profile scores overwhelmingly as "male". eyepopping

OTOH, I hope this can be interpreted as evidence that I understand men and can get along with them easily. crossfingers heart

Posts 21 - 30 of 37