Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

May 6th 2013 new
(Quote) John-132457 said: I lived in the Philly area for a while.
(Quote) John-132457 said:

I lived in the Philly area for a while.

--hide--
Philadelphia is part of my life story, too. Had a summer teaching position in Bucks County. Subsequent years took me back and forth to Philly more times than I could count. I really miss St. John Neumann's Shrine.

Streets of Philadelphia - www.youtube.com
May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: I lived in the Philly area for a while. Worked in South Jersey quite a bit. One of my coworkers wa...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

I lived in the Philly area for a while. Worked in South Jersey quite a bit. One of my coworkers was from around Vineland. A character worthy of a song himself.

--hide--

Philadelphia Freedom ~Elton John

www.youtube.com

Streets of Philadelphia ~ Bruce Springsteen

www.youtube.com

Dancing in the Street ~Martha and the Vandellas

www.youtube.com

The theme song to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air ~ Will Smith

www.youtube.com

May 6th 2013 new

I can't remember the name of the singer (might be more than one), but a country song about the "San Antonio Rose". Also, probably a couple of other songs using the name "San Antone", but can't remember the names. BTW--us native San Antonians HATED to be called "San antone" & preferred San antonio, like original name! :-)

May 6th 2013 new

"Bud the Spud" by Stompin' Tom Connors mentions Charlottetown in the second verse. www.youtube.com

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: This covers people in my area... Manila - www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

This covers people in my area...

Manila - www.youtube.com

--hide--

Hi Rosemarie wave I like that song

I'm still partial to the original, still by Hotdog but I think they used real instruments on this version versus the new one. Love the bass and the wind instruments better on this one. The percussions are more understated.

www.youtube.com

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Hi Rosemarie I like that song I'm still partial to the original, still by Hot...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Hi Rosemarie I like that song

I'm still partial to the original, still by Hotdog but I think they used real instruments on this version versus the new one. Love the bass and the wind instruments better on this one. The percussions are more understated.

www.youtube.com

--hide--

True, Reena, the original is the best! I often hear this sung by OFWs at the airport. biggrin wave

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Sorry John didn't mean to hijack your thread.
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Sorry John didn't mean to hijack your thread.

--hide--

Don't be sorry! It's kinda fun. Conversations take turns, you never know where they'll go. smile

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-846477 said: I was born and raised in St. Paul MN. It took some searching, but here's a song with my...
(Quote) Joanne-846477 said:

I was born and raised in St. Paul MN.
It took some searching, but here's a song with my home town in it:

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Excellent!!

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Philadelphia is part of my life story, too. Had a summer teaching position in Bucks County. Subsequent ye...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Philadelphia is part of my life story, too. Had a summer teaching position in Bucks County. Subsequent years took me back and forth to Philly more times than I could count. I really miss St. John Neumann's Shrine.

Streets of Philadelphia - www.youtube.com
--hide--

I lived in Warrington in Bucks County. That's where I came back to the Church and was confirmed.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Ellen-813688 said: "Bud the Spud" by Stompin' Tom Connors mentions Charlottetown in the second verse. ...
(Quote) Ellen-813688 said:

"Bud the Spud" by Stompin' Tom Connors mentions Charlottetown in the second verse. www.youtube.com

--hide--

Nice. We don't hear much from the Maritimes. Well, unless you count Great Big Sea. smile

Posts 51 - 60 of 111