Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

May 9th 2013 new

See I am just horrible at this kind of thing. There is a song that mentions Oklahoma City, with a string of other cities, I think its from the 70's maybe early 80's I can't think of the artist nor the title, I can vaguely hear it playing in my head, but can't pull out the tune or any of the other word strings. But, whenever it comes on the radio I can sing it LOL. . . ohhhhh drives me nuts.

May 9th 2013 new

Frank and Lola, Jimmy Buffet

Built a big hotel on the beach a month before the Deepwater Horizon oil spill then gave an excellent benefit concert on the beach

May 9th 2013 new

One more for my adopted state -

www.youtube.com

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Ellen-813688 said: I suppose I could count Great Big Sea, even though they are not technically a part of the Maritim...
(Quote) Ellen-813688 said:

I suppose I could count Great Big Sea, even though they are not technically a part of the Maritimes. They are such a great band. Their live shows are so much fun! Are you with me East Coasters?

--hide--

Well, they've got ocean in Newfoundland. That's maritime enough for me. wink

GBS is a ton of fun live. Oughta be someone here from Boston or St. John's:

youtu.be

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: Just noticed that my hometown appears in the second or third verse in this one: Mary Chapin...
(Quote) John-132457 said:

Just noticed that my hometown appears in the second or third verse in this one:

Mary Chapin Carpenter - This Shirt

youtu.be

--hide--

Miami- Will Smith (LA and Philly stay jiggy, but Miami bring the heat for real)

Motown Philly (of course!)- BoyzIIMen

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: This perhaps? youtu.be
(Quote) John-132457 said:

This perhaps?

youtu.be

--hide--

Thanks for looking this up John! Yes, the good old Texan, Bob Wills! Then, I heard later in the song the name "San Antone" was used for my ol' hometown. I know they probably did it just to make the lyrics fit in the song. (Sorry I'm late in getting back, I'm not on here everyday!)

May 11th 2013 new

Found a singer with the name

www.youtube.com

May 11th 2013 new

Spanish woman mentions it

www.youtube.com

(It's a soca parang which is song at Christmas time a hybrid of the original parang songs and soca)

May 11th 2013 new

"Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?" by George Strait

May 11th 2013 new

Nice that this thread's been so active. smile

Another from here in the Big Buff. Lots of versions over the last 150yrs or so. The newer Springsteen version is awesome, but probably not very authentic. Happy and cheerful though the song is, the Gals in question were actually uh....let's say, ladies of lesser repute in the old canal district, back when this was kind of a wild west town, before it was cool!

Buffalo Gals- Simple Version

youtu.be

Buffalo Gals - Bruce Springsteen & The Sessions Band

youtu.be

Posts 81 - 90 of 111