Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 7th 2013 new

Interesting.
Still, not good for the environment, IMHO. Battery = battery disposal.

May 7th 2013 new

My favorite: My mini blender in which I can make smoothies. heart I have also made tomato sauce with it too. Chef

My least favorite: My 12-cup coffee maker. ashamed The thing is such a pain to prepare and clean. wide eyed

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I wish I had a foot-operated kitchen sink (like ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I wish I had a foot-operated kitchen sink (like in a dentist's office). I'm washing my hands all the time when I cook, and it sure would be helpful.

--hide--
That must add some unusual flavors..... rolling eyes

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-804631 said: What is your favorite kitchen gadget lately???? Mine would have to be my Ninja Kitchen Sys...
(Quote) Sarah-804631 said:

What is your favorite kitchen gadget lately????

Mine would have to be my Ninja Kitchen System (blender, food processeor etc)....

I dislike ones that have to many parts or are not dishwasher safe....ugh!!!

--hide--
A whisk. It consumes too much energy (mine).... rolling eyes scratchchin

May 7th 2013 new

I like my Black and Decker steamer, which is really good to cook rice or veggies, and my handheld grater.

I also like my Hello Kitty ice cream and coffee makers. They aren't remarkable, but I like saying I have them! hellokitty

I don't really have a least-favorite gadget because I don't use kitchen gadgets that often. It's not that I can't cook, but I can't be bothered most of the time because it's hard to cook for one.

May 7th 2013 new

I really like the OXO manual can opener my sister gave me for Christmas. And I don't even open many cans.

I get a kick out of it every time I use it. It is an ingenious soulution to the an age old way of doing things. Shall we say thinking "out of the can".

The opened cans and lids have no sharp edges. A lot safer. The lid can even be put back on for storage purposes.

May 7th 2013 new

I heart my kitchen gadgets.

May 7th 2013 new

My knives and cutting board. I mostly use fresh foods so they get used a lot. They eliminate the need for many "convenient" appliances. If only I had the developed knife skills of a practiced chef.

I bought them when on a wonderful vacation to Nova Scotia. They are well made, and fit me rather well. They work nice, stay sharp and best of all remind me of a most precious vacation.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: That must add some unusual flavors....laughing
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

That must add some unusual flavors....laughing

--hide--

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Bart-749635 said: My knives and cutting board. I mostly use fresh foods so they get used a lot. They el...
(Quote) Bart-749635 said:

My knives and cutting board. I mostly use fresh foods so they get used a lot. They eliminate the need for many "convenient" appliances. If only I had the developed knife skills of a practiced chef.

I bought them when on a wonderful vacation to Nova Scotia. They are well made, and fit me rather well. They work nice, stay sharp and best of all remind me of a most precious vacation.

--hide--

I'm with Bart...though I do have and love my gadgets, my good ol' knives get the most use. Excellent quality knives, and I know how to use 'em! My 16 year old can debone a chicken almost perfectly!

Posts 11 - 20 of 30