Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I am announcing the marriage of Carmen from LasVegas and Tom from LA.They were married in...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I am announcing the marriage of Carmen from LasVegas and Tom from LA.

They were married in LasVegas in a Catholic Church in November!

If he sends me any more information or pictures I will post them!!

CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!
One place I know they had early contact was on one of my cookie threads.
I do not know if that is the main place of meeting.

One of the other couples who did meet on one of my threads was an international couple- Tommy and Ashleigh.

I believe they now live in the US, but I am uncertain about this. They had twins some time back.

CM CAN work! People MUST be persistent!

--hide--

Ashleigh and Tommy live in Scotland..He moved there to be with her.. Their twins are going on three years old..Molly and Gareth

May 9th 2013 new
This is good news! :-)
May 9th 2013 new

Thank you for sharing, Marian and Jacqueline!!! Great news to hear. Praise God!

May 10th 2013 new

Despite all the threads about people wondering when is it going to happen for them or people throwing in the towel because they have been on a long time and it hasnt happened, I think (at least for me being a math teacher) is what are the my chances on this site? What is the succes ratio or percentage? We know that people win the big lottery jackpots, but the odds are so low. No doubt people from this site do get married, but again, what are the odds? If you look at the numbers, the member numbers will hit 1,000,000 soon. How many of those almost 1,000,000 are success stories? If say every 1 out of 1000 is a success story, then that leaves 999 that are sad weeping hissyfit

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-632838 said: Despite all the threads about people wondering when is it going to happen for them or people th...
(Quote) Richard-632838 said:

Despite all the threads about people wondering when is it going to happen for them or people throwing in the towel because they have been on a long time and it hasnt happened, I think (at least for me being a math teacher) is what are the my chances on this site? What is the succes ratio or percentage? We know that people win the big lottery jackpots, but the odds are so low. No doubt people from this site do get married, but again, what are the odds? If you look at the numbers, the member numbers will hit 1,000,000 soon. How many of those almost 1,000,000 are success stories? If say every 1 out of 1000 is a success story, then that leaves 999 that are

--hide--

We have to pray for our future husband or wife at all times. I know another man from here, John Burnes who married last summer, a woman he met in Ireland. He prayed to meet an Irish woman. They are newlyweds but she is in Ireland and they too are working on her immigration status. He told me once while he was waiting to meet his wife over these years that i have been here that every time he received communion he would pray for his future wife and ask God to give him a wife as he received communion.. I shared this at my group tonight... That is so beautiful. Please concentrate on what you can do spiritually and in other ways and then see what God does.

All the numerical and odds calculations in the world won't matter if God is doing it. Place yourself in His Presence and pray a lot. We all grow a lot while we pray to Him to meet this person.

May 11th 2013 new
As a mathematician myself I understand where you're coming from Richard but God is the ultimate mathematician and statistician. So hang in tight cos God is about to ruffle the pool for one's spouse to come forth...
May 11th 2013 new
Thanks for sharing the good news...CM does work. :-) if not for marriage then for the fellowship with one another in Christ.
May 12th 2013 new

Thanks Marian for you advice, but I already do pray every day that God will direct me to my soulmate so I am already "concentrating on what I can do spiritually". I do pray daily (for so many other things besides myself), I conitinually grow in my faith, and have a deep and honest relationship with God. People who know me, know I am a very spiritual and faithful person. So while I think the story with John Burnes is great, please realize that God has rarely answered prayers in my life the way I thought or when I thought.

Perhaps I should not have responded to the thread at all. I just felt from being one here, it seems like those succecess on here were rare. In essence, I backtrack and see why it is reason to celebrate. My prayers go out to all who are praying and doing everything they can, but are still struggling because they still have not met their soulmate.

May 12th 2013 new
The numbers may not be consecutive. I doubt, for example, that there was a member number "1." Numbering systems typically skip in such a way that one can determine if a number is valid by the use of a formula. Credit card numbers definitely do this; one can't just make up any 16-digit number and start using it. Many of the 16-digit numbers are defined to be invalid from the beginning. I doubt that Catholic Match has anywhere near 1,000,000 total members since it started. If I'm wrong, I am open to correction, but this is my general experience. One of Catholic Match's competitors changed its numbering system after it started, and all the numbers were increased; likewise, it has nowhere near the total number of members that a number assigned today would suggest.

Back on topic, I am very happy for those who are able to use this service successfully.
May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-632838 said: Thanks Marian for you advice, but I already do pray every day that God will direct me to my sou...
(Quote) Richard-632838 said:

Thanks Marian for you advice, but I already do pray every day that God will direct me to my soulmate so I am already "concentrating on what I can do spiritually". I do pray daily (for so many other things besides myself), I conitinually grow in my faith, and have a deep and honest relationship with God. People who know me, know I am a very spiritual and faithful person. So while I think the story with John Burnes is great, please realize that God has rarely answered prayers in my life the way I thought or when I thought.

Perhaps I should not have responded to the thread at all. I just felt from being one here, it seems like those succecess on here were rare. In essence, I backtrack and see why it is reason to celebrate. My prayers go out to all who are praying and doing everything they can, but are still struggling because they still have not met their soulmate.

--hide--

I think you should post here and I think you should keep praying. Most things I have prayed for for me have not happened. But I am going to keep knocking on God's door and keep hoping and praying. It is all I know how to do. I did not mean to make it sound like I know what you should do or that you are not doing it. I was trying to simply offer my vote of confidence in your future success if you stay strong and keep asking God. I do not have answers for anyone. Only God has the answer for each person here.

Posts 11 - 20 of 22