Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: I wish that I could say that the dates that I have had as a result of CM have been a really posit...
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

I wish that I could say that the dates that I have had as a result of CM have been a really positive experience but they have not been. The women seem very jaded, angry and they have not been unlike women on secular sites. I have been surprised even the women who claim that they hold to all the tenets of the Catholic faith don't seem to live it. For example, the use of profanity and the disregard of abstention of pre-marital sex.

Went on a date and one women did nothing but talk all night about her past "abusive relationships." That is not any different then the women I have met either at work or on secular dating sites. She asked me if I was adhering to the "no sex before marriage" and I told her by God's grace that I was and had not fallen." She laughed and said that she has not been able to adhere to that.

Why do people say they believe everything when they obviously don't or think it's a big joke?

I wish my experience was more positive up to this point. Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types.

Keith

--hide--

Wow, you got dates! Doing better than I am so far, if it makes you feel any better

May 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Keith, i know you're not generalizing all the Women here on CM, and having a few bad ...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Keith, i know you're not generalizing all the Women here on CM, and having a few bad dates can understandably make a person question whether people are who they say they are. However keep in mind also that airing your "date conversations" in a public forum could have a negative affect on who you may contact in the future? just a thought

--hide--

I understand what you are saying and that why I specifically kept the information very general. The conversation that I spoke about was not just with one lady, as it has been kind of typical.

I would not point out specifics to one particular person as that wouldn't be cool. Just kind of the general experience that I have had and it's been more than once.

Keith

May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Gregory-862210 said: Wow, you got dates! Doing better than I am so far, if it makes you feel any better
(Quote) Gregory-862210 said:

Wow, you got dates! Doing better than I am so far, if it makes you feel any better

--hide--
Amen Gregory! Same here... :-)
May 5th 2013 new
Welcome back, Keith. I wish you had come back with some positive news about your dating experiences. But I figure if you'd had a really positive experience you wouldn't be posting here again.

May you next encounter with a CM lady bring your heart's desires. rose
May 6th 2013 new

"Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types."

That might be the case because every date I have had with a woman on here has been a good Catholic woman. Though none have turned out to be the one, in general I can say it has not been a negative experience like you have had. Bad things can be blessing in disguise. Maybe after having thses expereinces, you can screen potential dates with certain questions. If they feel offended, perhaps they not the right person for you ad its best you find out up front.

May 6th 2013 new

Keith, sounds like that melancholic temperament of yours is rearing its ugly head. Of course the women you met from CM are wonderful, and there are many more wonderful women on CM you have yet to meet. I am sure they have some not so attractive qualities about them, but that is why it is called "dating". Might I suggest that you participate in some "group" CM activities, that way you can see how these women interact with others before committing to a date. Just a thought and heres to wishing you greater success in the future.

P.S. Of course the "exes" are not portrayed in the best of light, but if you can do your part and suggest to your date that she come up with three or four positive attributes of their "ex" and then suggest that the conversation about the "ex" end on a positive note. Believe you me, it actually works!

May 6th 2013 new

Also, might I suggest sticking with the 7/7 woman, close to your age. If she announces that she has not remained chaste, though she is 7/7, I would politely end the date at that point. Just a thought.

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-632838 said: "Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types." That might be the case...
(Quote) Richard-632838 said:

"Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types."

That might be the case because every date I have had with a woman on here has been a good Catholic woman. Though none have turned out to be the one, in general I can say it has not been a negative experience like you have had. Bad things can be blessing in disguise. Maybe after having thses expereinces, you can screen potential dates with certain questions. If they feel offended, perhaps they not the right person for you ad its best you find out up front.

--hide--

Richard, you are quite the man!!

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: I wish that I could say that the dates that I have had as a result of CM have been a really posit...
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

I wish that I could say that the dates that I have had as a result of CM have been a really positive experience but they have not been. The women seem very jaded, angry and they have not been unlike women on secular sites. I have been surprised even the women who claim that they hold to all the tenets of the Catholic faith don't seem to live it. For example, the use of profanity and the disregard of abstention of pre-marital sex.

Went on a date and one women did nothing but talk all night about her past "abusive relationships." That is not any different then the women I have met either at work or on secular dating sites. She asked me if I was adhering to the "no sex before marriage" and I told her by God's grace that I was and had not fallen." She laughed and said that she has not been able to adhere to that.

Why do people say they believe everything when they obviously don't or think it's a big joke?

I wish my experience was more positive up to this point. Maybe I'm dating the wrong personality types.

Keith

--hide--

I think sometimes we do have a type, whether we realize it or not and so that might be what you are encountering. But, not to make light of the situation because I am sure it can be very frustrating, but it made me think of the old saying "one must kiss a lot of toads to find her prince charming." in this case perhaps you are just wading through your batch of toadettes?

Additionally, sometimes people may lay out their pasts to see how other people will react. Full disclosure so to speak, adnd to find out early if it will present a problem. If any of your dates seemed to have potential you might reconsider a second date to test the waters a second time around.

May 6th 2013 new

Hey Keith -

I've not had much luck here on CM yet, but thinking about the "process of elimination" idea: If I consider that I might have to date 50 men before I find my match, then I guess now I'm down to 49. As in many areas of life that are "worth waiting for," we must find out the 49 ways that DON'T work before we find the one that does. Praying

Posts 11 - 20 of 76