Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Keith-965841 said: I know that there are good Catholic women. I'm sorry if I have sounded negative....
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

I know that there are good Catholic women. I'm sorry if I have sounded negative. I don't even mind listening to some issues as much as I just don't like being one in a series of a long line of serial dating.

Sorry, I was just venting.

Keith

--hide--

Venting is more than welcome :)

I just want to make sure you don't feel discouraged because of your experiences! All the best!!!!

May 6th 2013 new
I do not believe you can change another person.
May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-955401 said: Hi Keith: Sorry to hear you've had bad experiences. I need to be straight with you, ...
(Quote) Patrick-955401 said:

Hi Keith:

Sorry to hear you've had bad experiences. I need to be straight with you, though: why are you not more discerning, before you meet with these women? I've contacted and been contacted many women here and I can assure you that there are many good women on CM. Maybe you need to write more to women here before you take the step of meeting them. Are you being selective enough? Do you know what you really want and are you willing to allow God to bring that woman to you?

--hide--

Yes,
Screen the ladies so that you screen them out prior to any date if possible.

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-938025 said: Very sorry to hear this Keith. I do know that there are Catholic women on this site who have answered a...
(Quote) Rachel-938025 said: Very sorry to hear this Keith. I do know that there are Catholic women on this site who have answered and meant yes to all seven questions under faith. I have found too that many of the men on here seem to want pre-marital sex or similar to secular dating sites - a heavy focus on appearances and not faith or personality for that matter. It is discouraging, but do not lose heart. I believe God has a woman just for you if the vocation of marriage is your heart's desire.
--hide--

Welcome to the forums Rachel!!!

May 6th 2013 new
Why don't you think you have had any luck?
May 6th 2013 new

It blows my mind that some chica would even go on a date and speak of her past, the past is past and that's where it should stay, we've all had bad experiences, but frankly, if a person can't let go of their past experiences, they shouldn't be dating until they've healed or made peace with it. I congratulate for at least trying, and I encourage you to keep on keeping on, get a feel for the person with a few exchanges. And take it from there. God Bless!

Posts 71 - 76 of 76