Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Jaime -- who is attacking you? I don't see any attacks. I do see advice, which you asked for...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Jaime -- who is attacking you? I don't see any attacks. I do see advice, which you asked for, but you seem to not like it and don't want to follow it.
If you think about it, the only way to show who you are on this site is with your words and your picture.
A picture that shows a happy face will draw people to you.
Some people on here have scary, belligerent, or scowling faces shown on here -- I'm not interested in someone who has a nasty attitude so I don't look further than that at them
And the words are the main part -- they need to be clear and inviting or why would someone want to look into a relationship?
We are all on here to find our match.
I'm sorry you haven't found yours yet, but be patient and try to show your best side, and be true to yourself.

--hide--
I don't think I asked for advice where ???

May 15th 2013 new

thank you

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Jaime, do not be quick to assume that it is because you are "ugly" that women aren't intere...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Jaime, do not be quick to assume that it is because you are "ugly" that women aren't interested. I will say this, however: if a woman wrote a desperate post similar to this in the forums, I would pass her. I'm sorry, but nobody finds it attractive.
--hide--
Say man who is desperate who you talking about becuase you don't know me to say that Im desperate man

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: I don't think I asked for advice where ???
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said:

I don't think I asked for advice where ???

--hide--

Jaime -- your whole thread title is asking for advice: "HOW do you really get someone to respond..."

Why start a thread asking for help and then get angry at everyone who offers advice and then act even against every bit of advice given?

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Jaime-556629 said: Say man who is desperate who you talking about becuase you don't know me to say that Im despe...
(Quote) Jaime-556629 said:

Say man who is desperate who you talking about becuase you don't know me to say that Im desperate man

--hide--

Well, Jaime, as a woman reading your thread, you sound pretty desperate to me!! Like everyone keeps telling you -- be aware of what your words convey to the readers!!

May 15th 2013 new

Jaime, chill. I agree with you wanting someone to simply respond in a kind and intelligent manner to your messages, and I do think that when you pose a question to someone's profile, that person should have the courtesy to say "thank you, but I'm not interested for....." [whatever reason] - it could be any number of reasons why someone feels you are not a fit. This is true for everyone of us. People on here are trying to find their match.

For instance, in my case, I won't accept a smoker - period. I won't accept someone who has cats because I don't like them. I won't accept someone who doesn't believe (and live) all 7 of the 7 faith questions. People will not respond to me because I have dogs - dogs are a very important part of my life - so be it. That's me -- I will not match up with people who don't like dogs. We have to accept who we are and who other people are. It's not about how you look or how you speak or your educational background or your likes and dislikes. It's simply about finding common interests that two people can build on together. Do you ever see a couple and wonder what they see in each other?

I pray you see this site as a means to make new friends, read profiles, respond if you like someone, but don't be discouraged if they don't feel like pursuing things. It is no different on here than it is in real life. There are people we like and people we don't like. And I will repeat what I said yesterday to another poster -- a friend of mine told me that her mother always said "Every pot has a lid" -- I pray you find your lid, Jaime. Just give it time. And please don't be angry at those of us who are trying to offer support and ideas. Be Blessed.

May 16th 2013 new

you assume im not desperate you dont know me from left to right lady please I would look your way any how please you aint the virgen mary

May 16th 2013 new

Thank you for your kind words

Posts 21 - 28 of 28