Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 7th 2013 new

That sounds like a good book, I'm in for a book discussion! I'll have to go to the bookstore and look for the book.

May 7th 2013 new

I guess the one I read years ago was for couples, and then I also read the one for children. Will go to the library site next and reserve the singles edition. I've just employed the same principles in many things in life. I've often thought they should do the "co-worker" one.

May 7th 2013 new

Curious to know why it's necessary/appropriate to have different editions for different types of people.

May 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Tanya-63933 said: Dawn! Look at our membership numbers! We're the lowest on the page! We really HAVE been here for quite some...
(Quote) Tanya-63933 said:

Dawn! Look at our membership numbers! We're the lowest on the page! We really HAVE been here for quite some time! It will be 10 years for me in a month or so!

Looking lovely as always, Dawn. Wonderful to "see" your smiling face again!

--hide--

If only there were a line... we could wait our turns...
May 7th 2013 new
Have you ever had a date as an outcome?
May 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Curious to know why it's necessary/appropriate to have different editions for different types of people.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Curious to know why it's necessary/appropriate to have different editions for different types of people.

--hide--

I found it very difficult, Marge, to assess what my love languages were when the evaluation tools used scenarios that began "when in a relationship.." and "I like it when my spouse..." When I first looked at the book I had never had a serious dating relationship, much less a spouse how could I know what was the best answer for me? I found it impossible to choose the best answer for me. A book geared toward people like me would be more suitable.
May 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Cindy-681844 said: Have you ever had a date as an outcome?
--hide--

From the book discussions, Cindy?
May 8th 2013 new

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the replies. I must confess that it took me awhile to figure out how to tell if there was a response to my post :-)

My principal at work kept referring to my "love languages" (I guess a few colleagues read the book a few years ago) and it perked my interest.

I did the survey and turns out my love languages are affirmation and quality time ... Would love a discussion on the book. Who's in? Perhaps if we all get the book, we can read chapter by chapter and discuss?

May 8th 2013 new

Rebecca, I read the book and passed it along to a friend that I believed could benefit from it as well. I cannot reference the material now to provide a complete and accurate synopsis-and I don't want to pass along bad information. I know they also have a book regarding kids and the five love languages...maybe the principal was talking or making reference to that one???? I know my love languages are touch and quality time...

May 8th 2013 new

Cindy, do you mean have I ever had a date be the result of participating in a book discussion on CatholicMatch? If that is what you meant, the answer is no.

I do remember the discussion being fun, interesting, and a way to get to know many of the good people on the site, though!

What about you, Dawn?

--hide--

Posts 11 - 20 of 25