Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 8th 2013 new

Rebecca,

I am just putting through an order for the book today! I haven't taken this quiz some of you are referencing, but it sounds interesting!

By the way, welcome to the site! Great to see a fellow Canadian!!!

(Quote) Rebecca-963793 said: Hi everyone! Thanks for all the replies. I must confess that it took me awhile to fi...
(Quote) Rebecca-963793 said:

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the replies. I must confess that it took me awhile to figure out how to tell if there was a response to my post :-)

My principal at work kept referring to my "love languages" (I guess a few colleagues read the book a few years ago) and it perked my interest.

I did the survey and turns out my love languages are affirmation and quality time ... Would love a discussion on the book. Who's in? Perhaps if we all get the book, we can read chapter by chapter and discuss?

--hide--

May 8th 2013 new

Remember that there is a wealth of information on Gary Chapman's website in regard to these books. I might have even printed out a study guide for the singles edition at one time when I was facilitating a support group.

If we are going to have this book discussion, then let's get all the resources we can & one of us can be the moderator.

Don't forget that the book MAY be available at your local library.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Curious to know why it's necessary/appropriate to have different editions for different types...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Curious to know why it's necessary/appropriate to have different editions for different types of people.

--hide--

Marge, I think that each edition is tailored for each group in what suggestions it offers in order to get the full benefit of using this particular assesment in our relationships. For example, we would not use the same suggestions that would be effective in a marriage as we would with a child, etc.

Of course, the basic information is there. And in a very condensed form, on the website. You all can take the assessment on line right now if you choose.

May 8th 2013 new

Here's the website info:

http://www.5lovelanguages.com

May 8th 2013 new

Hi there!

Thanks for including so much information :-) I finished reading the book the other day (I am one of those people who starts a book and then can't stop reading until I have finished it). I would love to have a book discussion about it though as one thing I'm dying to do is discussed the ideas as I read it!

Perhaps people should indicate if they are interested in participating and then let us know. I purchased my copy from Kobo and have been reading it on my iPad. It was REALLY good. I've now purchased another book by Chapman on Appreciation in the Workplace (based on the 5 love languages). Its VERY interesting ... LOL

Posts 21 - 25 of 25