Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jun 10th 2013 new
Just think, if we were in there keeping the peace much of this could have been averted.

The world and men who run it have the technology and could implement systems and rule of law so that lawlessness and terror of this magnitude is prevented, but the will is not there.

Jun 10th 2013 new
(quote) Marc-313980 said: ...

I don't think we should be arming them, or aiding them in any way.
"them" is the problem here.

The assumption in some quarters is that each and every single rebel is a terrorist. This is just silly. It would be entirely possible to back a far more reasonable faction.

Granted, it's all academic since the current administration isn't going to do anything regardless.
Jun 11th 2013 new
(quote) John-336509 said: "them" is the problem here.

The assumption in some quarters is that each and every single rebel is a terrorist. This is just silly. It would be entirely possible to back a far more reasonable faction.

Granted, it's all academic since the current administration isn't going to do anything regardless.
John, I'm sure your aware that under Assad, the Christians in Syria (who are a substantial minority) are able to freely practice their religion. However, if Muslim extremists take over that country, that may not be the case much longer.

Things aren't going so great in Egypt either, where Obama threw our longtime ally Mubarak under the bus a few years ago, and helped the rebels win. Now Morsi is turning into an aspiring dictator himself.
Jun 11th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: EXACTLY!!!

Serve and protect, etcetera.....
Where have you been these past 12 years?

America getting involved in the Muslim world does not work.

As I heard someone who is from Syria say, these battles have gone on for over
1000 years, and America should stay out of them. This person is now an
American citizen.

Which side would we take? This is too confusing an issue to even try to get
involved.

Turkey may be the next country for chaos.

The muslim world is in turmoil, and it doesn't seem like anything good can come
out of it.
Jun 11th 2013 new
(quote) Marc-313980 said: Here's an excerpt from an opinion piece about those rebels:

[The cold-blooded terrorists have already massacred countless civilians, including the entire Christian village of al Duvair; executed government prisoners; beheaded two Syrian army officers; and ripped the heart out of a government soldier. They have kidnapped thousands of others, including two orthodox Syrian Christian bishops, and arrested 21 Filipino peacekeeping troops.These are the actions of terrorists, not freedom fighters.The London-based Amnesty International said the rebel violence amounted to war crimes, and said they "are summarily killing people with a chilling sense of impunity."Yet, Obama, Kerry and Republican hawks like Sen. John McCain want to arm these war criminals.]

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2013/06/diplomacy_wont_work_in_syria_b.html


I don't think we should be arming them, or aiding them in any way.
What do you think we should do about this horrible situation, Marc?
Jun 11th 2013 new
(quote) John-336509 said: "them" is the problem here.

The assumption in some quarters is that each and every single rebel is a terrorist. This is just silly. It would be entirely possible to back a far more reasonable faction.

Granted, it's all academic since the current administration isn't going to do anything regardless.
"Granted, it's all academic since the current administration isn't going to do anything regardless."

Well, we all know that Obama flip-flops on issues. If he wasn't so tied up with
the government being in ruins from his 4.5 years at the helm, he might be able to
look at different options.
Jun 12th 2013 new
Unfortunately, Obummer's megalomania does not allow him to understand that he has made mess of the last 4.5 years, or that any other option is better than the one he chose and which ha proved to be a failure.
Jun 12th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Unfortunately, Obummer's megalomania does not allow him to understand that he has made mess of the last 4.5 years, or that any other option is better than the one he chose and which ha proved to be a failure.
You still don't think he feels things are NOT going well for him, even with all the
leaks about his foibles?

Boy, he must be a megalomaniac!!!!!

I am convinced now that he won the Presidency only because he was black.
And that does not say much for those who voted him in. They are racists.
Jun 13th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: What do you think we should do about this horrible situation, Marc?
Like I said at the end of my post, Marianne - I don't think we should be aiding the rebels. Assad's not an ally, either, so we shouldn't aid him. In other words, we shouldn't be getting involved. We aren't even sure whose side we should be on, anyways.
Jun 13th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Where have you been these past 12 years?

America getting involved in the Muslim world does not work.

As I heard someone who is from Syria say, these battles have gone on for over
1000 years, and America should stay out of them. This person is now an
American citizen.

Which side would we take? This is too confusing an issue to even try to get
involved.

Turkey may be the next country for chaos.

The muslim world is in turmoil, and it doesn't seem like anything good can come
out of it.
Marianne,

I am exactly where God wants me :)

I am well aware of Muslim history. I was born in Europe. My ancestral blood lines go back centuries there, and square in the path of the Turkish invasions that spanned 500-some years. Yes, I remember the stories my grandfather would tell that were passed down to him; how they came to take our lands, and when victorious to have their way with the wives and daughters and make slaves of men. No I am not taking of a few incidents, nor done over a few years, but over half a millennium. Before that it was the Crusades, much misunderstood by us here and now who see it through a Jewish and protestant-made prism.

What the last 12 years have been is nothing compared what once was and what is still to come.

Like I said, I have no qualms sending my son there, or two, or three as that third one is about to enter the Marines. Obama just needs to give the word. And I am not saying this just because it seems easy to say, knowing Obama won't.

Posts 181 - 190 of 192