Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

May 21st 2013 new
Time to talk peace in Syria has come and gone

Some folks just need to have their toys taken away when they tantrum, kill and maim because they want it simply their way.

Let's think of this more simply like this:

A very prosperous and powerful man (you know, the one) has been confirmed to have lied to everyone under the sun, now he abuses his spouse(s) (partners) and his children (citizens), those very same he is sworn to protect. He's turned against his own. And you, his neighbor (or passer-by) see what he does and know of his lies. He spots you and he says: "Go away! This is none of your business."

Would you go away? Should you? What is the proper thing to do?

I'm ok sending my son into Syria to affect a bias with extreme prejudice, if the President instructs.

If we want peace in the world, and expect men, good men, to deliver it, then why are we pandering to those thugs who can't grasp the concept?

Let them eat cake???

Nope.


May 21st 2013 new
I used
(Quote)
(Quote)
--hide--
.
May 21st 2013 new
What are you meaning by "I am OK sending my son into Syria," when you just
explain what a mess it is? Obama isn't God that you have to follow him.
May 21st 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: What are you meaning by "I am OK sending my son into Syria," when you just
explain what a mess it is? Obama isn't God that you have to follow him.
I mean exactly what I said. I am ok with my son (who is active spec ops training) to be sent into Syria on order of the President. BTW, I have another son who is also active USAF and in about a year I will have a third in the Marines who wants to fly Apaches.

If it would help put things into perspective, go see the movie "Gladiator" or more recently "Act of Valor" and pay attention to the fundamental underpinnings.

You may ask, why not you, why your son? Well, he's perfectly capable and I got his back here. Would you back me, and more so back up my son and the President's decision too?

Normally, we give way too much honor and respect for thugs in the world who hide behind "diplomatic immunity" and do dishonorable and most heinous deeds to their own. Just think Khadafi. No need to go further back.

As a lady, what would you think of others if your husband (when married) was utterly abusing you AND most all of your children and they, the neighbors, or passers-by (or greater powers)just shrugged their shoulders and said: it's their mess. The bigger the mess, the more reason to act.

I could care less how the mistreated sopuse(s) or her offspring thought of my son for stepping in. Will we come out without potential loss. Not likely. Every such action carries a price.

Why send MY OWN SON? Indeed it is a mess there.

Indeed, why does a father send his own son?

Would my son and others be in harms way? Definitely! It was such 2000 years ago and it remains true today.

Well, my son is properly formed to serve and protect. It is clear to me there is cause for his service to be applied. Why make us watch this shenanigans? Are there unruly children? Sure. Will they like or hate? Shrug. But you deal with that after imminent danger is resolved.

Don't expect me to stand by when so many thousands, tens and hundreds of thousands are being slaughtered, beaten or displaced on the other side of the pond.

I say: Mr President, just say the word. I am sure that there are men prepared to execute.

May 21st 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Obama isn't God that you have to follow him.
This has nothing to do with endorsing or opposing or genuflecting to Obama, but rather to the office of the President, when prudent. I did not vote for him nor do I agree with his administrations policies in most cases. But in this situation, he should quit posturing as if still running for a third election, and just do the right thing for a slice of humanity.

Will he? Your guess is as good as mine.
May 21st 2013 new
Marianne,

On a personal note, please do not take what I write personally; and for that matter, all others as well. I am not trying to make you or anyone here right or wrong. I just felt like expressing my thoughts and will on the matter. I do like your passion, although you reflect through a different lens than I do.

Would you agree with that?
May 21st 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: I mean exactly what I said. I am ok with my son (who is active spec ops training) to be sent into Syria on order of the President. BTW, I have another son who is also active USAF and in about a year I will have a third in the Marines who wants to fly Apaches.

If it would help put things into perspective, go see the movie "Gladiator" or more recently "Act of Valor" and pay attention to the fundamental underpinnings.

You may ask, why not you, why your son? Well, he's perfectly capable and I got his back here. Would you back me, and more so back up my son and the President's decision too?

Normally, we give way too much honor and respect for thugs in the world who hide behind "diplomatic immunity" and do dishonorable and most heinous deeds to their own. Just think Khadafi. No need to go further back.

As a lady, what would you think of others if your husband (when married) was utterly abusing you AND most all of your children and they, the neighbors, or passers-by (or greater powers)just shrugged their shoulders and said: it's their mess. The bigger the mess, the more reason to act.

I could care less how the mistreated sopuse(s) or her offspring thought of my son for stepping in. Will we come out without potential loss. Not likely. Every such action carries a price.

Why send MY OWN SON? Indeed it is a mess there.

Indeed, why does a father send his own son?

Would my son and others be in harms way? Definitely! It was such 2000 years ago and it remains true today.

Well, my son is properly formed to serve and protect. It is clear to me there is cause for his service to be applied. Why make us watch this shenanigans? Are there unruly children? Sure. Will they like or hate? Shrug. But you deal with that after imminent danger is resolved.

Don't expect me to stand by when so many thousands, tens and hundreds of thousands are being slaughtered, beaten or displaced on the other side of the pond.

I say: Mr President, just say the word. I am sure that there are men prepared to execute.

Unfortunately, I did not realize you had a son who was in the military. Now that
I realize that, your response makes more sense.
May 21st 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: I mean exactly what I said. I am ok with my son (who is active spec ops training) to be sent into Syria on order of the President. BTW, I have another son who is also active USAF and in about a year I will have a third in the Marines who wants to fly Apaches.

If it would help put things into perspective, go see the movie "Gladiator" or more recently "Act of Valor" and pay attention to the fundamental underpinnings.

You may ask, why not you, why your son? Well, he's perfectly capable and I got his back here. Would you back me, and more so back up my son and the President's decision too?

Normally, we give way too much honor and respect for thugs in the world who hide behind "diplomatic immunity" and do dishonorable and most heinous deeds to their own. Just think Khadafi. No need to go further back.

As a lady, what would you think of others if your husband (when married) was utterly abusing you AND most all of your children and they, the neighbors, or passers-by (or greater powers)just shrugged their shoulders and said: it's their mess. The bigger the mess, the more reason to act.

I could care less how the mistreated sopuse(s) or her offspring thought of my son for stepping in. Will we come out without potential loss. Not likely. Every such action carries a price.

Why send MY OWN SON? Indeed it is a mess there.

Indeed, why does a father send his own son?

Would my son and others be in harms way? Definitely! It was such 2000 years ago and it remains true today.

Well, my son is properly formed to serve and protect. It is clear to me there is cause for his service to be applied. Why make us watch this shenanigans? Are there unruly children? Sure. Will they like or hate? Shrug. But you deal with that after imminent danger is resolved.

Don't expect me to stand by when so many thousands, tens and hundreds of thousands are being slaughtered, beaten or displaced on the other side of the pond.

I say: Mr President, just say the word. I am sure that there are men prepared to execute.

Thank you for your sons' service to our country, John.

One thing I might disagree with you on is that I don't think it's necessarily totally black and white as to who the good guys are and who the bad guys are in Syria (or Libya and Egypt before). The rebels are in league with Al-qaeda. They've also been known to persecute Christians. So it's more like the bad guys vs. the bad guys over there, unfortunately.
May 21st 2013 new
Well I think there's a lot to compare between the Palestinians and the Native Americans. However I agree most nations are created by war. I wasn't saying America was unique or Israel was unique. I was using America as an example because I wanted to say look my nation is no better. So many want to jump on Israelis, and so I'm saying I get that my nation was created this way, many were. However in terms of Arabs took the land over by force. Yes, and no. A lot of the Palestinians genetically are basically a miss match of all the different people who have lived in the land for centuries. There's actually a lot of Hebrew blood from the genetic tests they've taken there. Essentially a lot of them are just the common folk that have lived there. A lot of the Palestinians in 1948 were really just peasants. And that land was controlled by Ottomans. The religion of the "common folk" tended to change with whoever was in charge. And yes land has been taken over by war but If you take something by the sword it can easily be taken back. And that's my biggest concern here. I don't think its right to say well I like this religion better or this better.. I do find Islam a way bigger threat than Judaism to Christianity. And well I do for a variety of personal reasons see why a Jewish state is needed. However, how can a group of people be safe in a land, where in order to maintain the land, the must oppress a significant portion of the population. That land is surrounded by Muslims and how are the Muslims every suppose to be like-oh we are okay that you came here and took from Muslims...There are not okay. And part of the Islamic religion is the concept that you can fight and almost have a duty to fight if Muslims are being oppressed. Its a powder keg, a real powder keg. And can you say Palestinian Muslims aren't being oppressed? So my concern my real concern is instead of Israel being a safe haven for the Jewish people eventually its going to be a place that's going to lead to a major, major war perhaps a World War...... I'm concerned about the lives here. So I don't see why we are helping the Jewish people by saying oh sure continue with the settlements. I feel we are doing the exact opposite. Once again nothing wrong with Jewish a state whatsoever. But can you have an ethnic or monolithic religious state in an area that is multi ethnic, or multi religious? So I kind of feel in that land for whatever reason, the Lord allowed a lot of Muslims to be living there, and had different groups settle there. There's a reason for it. So any side killing and maiming so that this land can be-mine and only mine. The land in reality belongs to the Lord. As Christians we should encourage Justice and peace for all people.
May 21st 2013 new
(quote) Rebecca-654746 said: Well I think there's a lot to compare between the Palestinians and the Native Americans. However I agree most nations are created by war. I wasn't saying America was unique or Israel was unique. I was using America as an example because I wanted to say look my nation is no better. So many want to jump on Israelis, and so I'm saying I get that my nation was created this way, many were. However in terms of Arabs took the land over by force. Yes, and no. A lot of the Palestinians genetically are basically a miss match of all the different people who have lived in the land for centuries. There's actually a lot of Hebrew blood from the genetic tests they've taken there. Essentially a lot of them are just the common folk that have lived there. A lot of the Palestinians in 1948 were really just peasants. And that land was controlled by Ottomans. The religion of the "common folk" tended to change with whoever was in charge. And yes land has been taken over by war but If you take something by the sword it can easily be taken back. And that's my biggest concern here. I don't think its right to say well I like this religion better or this better.. I do find Islam a way bigger threat than Judaism to Christianity. And well I do for a variety of personal reasons see why a Jewish state is needed. However, how can a group of people be safe in a land, where in order to maintain the land, the must oppress a significant portion of the population. That land is surrounded by Muslims and how are the Muslims every suppose to be like-oh we are okay that you came here and took from Muslims...There are not okay. And part of the Islamic religion is the concept that you can fight and almost have a duty to fight if Muslims are being oppressed. Its a powder keg, a real powder keg. And can you say Palestinian Muslims aren't being oppressed? So my concern my real concern is instead of Israel being a safe haven for the Jewish people eventually its going to be a place that's going to lead to a major, major war perhaps a World War...... I'm concerned about the lives here. So I don't see why we are helping the Jewish people by saying oh sure continue with the settlements. I feel we are doing the exact opposite. Once again nothing wrong with Jewish a state whatsoever. But can you have an ethnic or monolithic religious state in an area that is multi ethnic, or multi religious? So I kind of feel in that land for whatever reason, the Lord allowed a lot of Muslims to be living there, and had different groups settle there. There's a reason for it. So any side killing and maiming so that this land can be-mine and only mine. The land in reality belongs to the Lord. As Christians we should encourage Justice and peace for all people.
That was a very concise description of the middle East and Muslims and Jews. You sure do know your
topic.

I wanted to add that in Israel, the Jews and Muslims lived side by side for many years, although they
were in different neighborhoods. But because the suicide bombers were killing and maiming so
many people in the streets or in the restaurants, they built that fence to keep them out.

The fence has worked pretty well, but of course it is a big inconvenience for those needing to go
in or out of Israel, especially on a daily basis for work.

America should put up a fence like that. And do it sooner than later. Fences make good neighbors.
Posts 81 - 90 of 192