Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

It's been 6 months...

May 6th 2013 new

...since Barack Obama was re-elected President of this nation (to the day in fact, November 6th to May 6th).

And there was a lot of talk in this forum about "what to do" about politics in the future.

So, have you done anything? scratchchin

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: ...since Barack Obama was re-elected President of this nation (to the day in fact, November 6th...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

...since Barack Obama was re-elected President of this nation (to the day in fact, November 6th to May 6th).

And there was a lot of talk in this forum about "what to do" about politics in the future.

So, have you done anything?

--hide--

Let's start with you, Charles. What have you done in the last six months as far as politics is concerned?

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Let's start with you, Charles. What have you done in the last six months as far as...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Let's start with you, Charles. What have you done in the last six months as far as politics is concerned?

--hide--

Ah, please pardon the forum faux pas of not offering first--mea culpa.

Well, I would like to think I have been a good citizen. I paid my taxes, and I intend to vote in the upcoming election (Nov., 2014).

However, to amplify my original post some, I point to these threads:

1) www.catholicmatch.com

2) www.catholicmatch.com

3) www.catholicmatch.com

I was just wondering, given all the talk, if whether or not anyone had done anything?

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: Ah, please pardon the forum faux pas of not offering first--mea culpa.

Well, I would like to think I have been a good citizen. I paid my taxes, and I intend to vote in the upcoming election (Nov., 2014).

1) www.catholicmatch.com

2) www.catholicmatch.com

3) www.catholicmatch.com

I was just wondering, given all the talk, if whether or not anyone had done anything?

--hide--

So now I see you are in particular, referring to Obamacare and its repeal. Well, from what I am hearing, Charles,
over and over again commentators and politicians are saying that Obamacare is going to crash when it kicks in
in 2014. They are saying that businesses are going to hire people to only work 28 hours so they do not have to
pay for their medical insurance.

They say that if they give the illegal immigrants amnesty, then they will be eligible for Obamacare and it will
bankrupt this country.

So, I am starting to get the feeling that Obamacare is not the panacea it was hyped up to be.

Those of us on Cm knew that already.

I pay my taxes also and vote too.

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Let's start with you, Charles. What have you done in the last six months as far as politics is ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

--hide--
Good response, Marianne! wink

Planning to vote a couple years from now won't mitigate the fact that so many Ron Paul fans didn't vote in 2012 and helped re-elect Obama.
May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Charles-211696 said: Ah, please pardon the forum faux pas of not offering first--mea culpa. <...

1) www.catholicmatch.com

2) www.catholicmatch.com

3) www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--
Tricia, the OP of the thread you're referencing, found better things to do than work on politics. She's getting married. Does making wedding plans count? mischievous
May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Good response, Marianne! Planning to vote a couple years from now won't mitigate the fact tha...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Good response, Marianne!

Planning to vote a couple years from now won't mitigate the fact that so many Ron Paul fans didn't vote in 2012 and helped re-elect Obama.
--hide--
In my opinion, the Republican party's rude dismissal of Ron Paul and his supporters was the key factor in Romney's defeat. In order to stave off it's self destruction, the Republican party must first recognize that it's in trouble. They're not there yet. When you're digging a hole and realize you can no longer climb out, first stop digging. Someone needs to take the shovel away from the Republican leadership.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: In my opinion, the Republican party's rude dismissal of Ron Paul and his supporters was the k...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

In my opinion, the Republican party's rude dismissal of Ron Paul and his supporters was the key factor in Romney's defeat. In order to stave off it's self destruction, the Republican party must first recognize that it's in trouble. They're not there yet. When you're digging a hole and realize you can no longer climb out, first stop digging. Someone needs to take the shovel away from the Republican leadership.

--hide--

The Republican Party needs better candidates. McCain and Romney were not the best to run as Republicans. They were
pretty moderate to start with. Plus, they were old and worn out as far as running for the Presidentcy. McCain is known
to have a terrible temper, although I completely respect his military record.

Romney did a good job with the Olympics and is probably a good person, but he changed his rheteric from when he
ran for President in 2012 from 2008. Who could believe him?

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: In my opinion, the Republican party's rude dismissal of Ron Paul and his supporters was the k...

--hide--

Governor Christie is turning out to be a frontrunner in this country. He has balanced the budget in NJ and did not raise taxes.
He tackled his job to change NJ, and not change it for the worse as Obama's did since Obama's chant was "change"
during the election.

He takes no crap from anyone. He is a do-er. NJ was becoming one of the highest taxed states in the country. Christie
is tackling that. And the liberals hate him. So he really must be doing a good job.

I know he is kowtoawing to Obama, but what the heck, he may feel that is the best way to get things done for NJ. I see
what is going on over there. I feel so good that there is a real strong politician for those of us who want America to be
a wonderful country again and go back to morals.

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: In my opinion, the Republican party's rude dismissal of Ron Paul and his supporters was the key factor in R...

In my opinion, the Republican party's rude dismissal of Ron Paul and his supporters was the key factor in Romney's defeat.

--hide--
Ron Paul is far from perfect. He used the Republican Party. But all that nonsense is unimportant. What is important to me is our country. Unequivocally, I would have voted for Ron Paul to defeat Obama if that was how the cards played out. I'm concerned about the real picture...the future of our country. Not politics. Not the Republican Party. Not Third Party. Not bruised egos. Although, I do think Romney was the right person for the right time in history. Yes, I liked Romney.

This article comes to mind: www.breitbart.com

"Priorities, people. Nothing less than the Constitution is at stake here... Don't be the guy in 20 years who looks over his shoulder to make sure no policemen are listening and then says to his kids, "Back in 2012, I was mad because Ron Paul lost and then got disrespected. I loved the Constitution, but I was mad, and so I let the guy who hated the Constitution win. I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry."
Posts 1 - 10 of 13