Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: So now I see you are in particular, referring to Obamacare and its repeal. Well, from ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

So now I see you are in particular, referring to Obamacare and its repeal. Well, from what I am hearing, Charles,
over and over again commentators and politicians are saying that Obamacare is going to crash when it kicks in
in 2014. They are saying that businesses are going to hire people to only work 28 hours so they do not have to
pay for their medical insurance.

They say that if they give the illegal immigrants amnesty, then they will be eligible for Obamacare and it will
bankrupt this country.

So, I am starting to get the feeling that Obamacare is not the panacea it was hyped up to be.

Those of us on Cm knew that already.

I pay my taxes also and vote too.

--hide--

Not Obamacare, in particular. While that may have become a focus of those particular threads, there were other issues being discussed (in other threads) as well, such as Voter ID.

I never intended to imply you did not pay taxes nor vote, Marianne.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Tricia, the OP of the thread you're referencing, found better things to do than work on politics. She...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Tricia, the OP of the thread you're referencing, found better things to do than work on politics. She's getting married. Does making wedding plans count?
--hide--

I was unaware of her particular circumstance--that is certainly very good news to hear! While Tricia may have been the OP, there were multiple persons who responded and issues that were raised.

As life rolls on--for all of us--so does politics and politicking.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Ron Paul is far from perfect. He used the Republican Party. But all that nonsense is unimportant. What is...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Ron Paul is far from perfect. He used the Republican Party. But all that nonsense is unimportant. What is important to me is our country. Unequivocally, I would have voted for Ron Paul to defeat Obama if that was how the cards played out. I'm concerned about the real picture...the future of our country. Not politics. Not the Republican Party. Not Third Party. Not bruised egos. Although, I do think Romney was the right person for the right time in history. Yes, I liked Romney.

This article comes to mind: www.breitbart.com

"Priorities, people. Nothing less than the Constitution is at stake here... Don't be the guy in 20 years who looks over his shoulder to make sure no policemen are listening and then says to his kids, "Back in 2012, I was mad because Ron Paul lost and then got disrespected. I loved the Constitution, but I was mad, and so I let the guy who hated the Constitution win. I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry."
--hide--
I didn't let anyone win, I voted and always will. A lot of Paul supporters probably didn't because they were deemed undesirable by the Republican party hierarchy. I am realistic enough to know that he didn't stand a chance with the GOP establishment. Romney was unable to shake off the label of a pompous, detached rich guy who couldn't relate to the common man. He simply lacked the oratory skills to do that. He also made a complete fool of himself in London and especially in Tel Aviv. He was a bad choice, but was probably the most electable out of the bunch we had to choose from. In 2016 we must field a candidate that a majority of the electorate will vote for, and a goose-stepping, my way or the highway tea party candidate ain't gonna cut it. Ugly as it is to some today, compromise was not a dirty word to the founding fathers. Indeed, it was part of their design.

Posts 11 - 13 of 13