Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 14th 2013 new

Greetings from Arizona,

My empathy goes out to you. I am 47 years old never married asking where my fit is. God did blessed me with a very good job and opportunity to earn my doctorate. Although my bishop normally does not accept priesthood seminary applications from men over 35, he does keep the permanent diaconate open to men up to 55 years old. I have been doing well assisting on the altar at St. Simon and Jude Cathedral. M

My Prayer goes with you. Each day for me is one by one yet I find consolation only when trusting Him. Pleease stay focused. Hang in there! Blessings.

Tom

May 14th 2013 new

Grief doesn't demand a specific time to end with the loss of a spouse (or anything for that manner). This could be just the place to heal on your own time and terms. Praying

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Kerry-970208 said: I am new to CM and it's hard to know where I fit in. I am almost 49 (tomorrow), and newly wid...
(Quote) Kerry-970208 said:

I am new to CM and it's hard to know where I fit in. I am almost 49 (tomorrow), and newly widowed. I have 3 boys, the only one still at home is 13. I am broken hearted over my beloved spouse's death from cancer and I have never been alone in my life, paid bills, dealt with broken appliances or cars, etc. At church I feel like a fifth wheel--everyone I know seems to have a spouse and kids. I thought of myself as a catholic wife and mom--even had a blog--and now--I don't know what I am or where I fit in. I hate feeling this way.

--hide--

Happy Birthday Kerry wave

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God grant you the grace to remember that you are first and foremost, a daughter of God, that counts a lot. You are not alone in this.

May 14th 2013 new

Welcome to CM Kerry. I turned 45 on Sunday, I fit in here - yeah.

I lost a sister when I was 17. And my Mom in March.

Your son likely feels like you do too or that he will. I know I did.

I think if I had wise words - it would be to put God first and to place your trust in him.

Posts 31 - 34 of 34