Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 7th 2013 new

Ironically, after my first post, an athletic lady viewed my profile. She had "athletic" as part of her description of her ideal match. My response? Tipped my imaginary hat at her profile picture and moved on.

I don't find it crass for people to put "athletic" or "fit" in their profile. "Fit" I can be. "Athletic", no. I memorize the Bible in Greek, thank you, and that is enough of an endeavor that I will not spend THAT much time on physical tone. If I see "athletic", I move on without wasting my time or hers. Works for me!

May 7th 2013 new

Interesting to read the replies.
The ladies are all defensive about their shapes and the gents are all defensive about being "visual creatures". rolling eyes
Any time I see "physically fit" in a guy's profile, I assume he's a jogger, biker, whatever and wants someone who can keep up with him. That's all.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-952927 said: My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph th...
(Quote) Maria-952927 said:

My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph that they'd like their partner to be "physically fit". I've never seen that listed until tonight. I had a guy view me, so in all curiosity, I viewed back and started reading through his profile...until I saw "I'd like my partner to be physically fit." Hey. To each his own, as the saying goes, but why are you going to be so picky? When I read that, I saw this guy in a different light...and it's wasn't a flattering one. You could have a great connection with anyone on this site, and if you say no because they're not physically fit enough for you, then you're throwing away potential friendships, relationships, or your possible spouse. If the connection is there, the appearance shouldn't matter. My opinion. I'm curious as to how others are going to reply.

--hide--

I don't see that there's anything wrong with broadcasting the desire for a physically fit man or woman in one's profile.

Humans are a composite of spirit and matter: what we see materially interests us in what we can possibly see spiritually. Some people are more attracted to other people by looks than others; that doesn't make them more shallow, however, it's only a human quirk.

To see it as unflattering that a man wants a woman who he considers physically fit is like saying it's unflattering if a man wants a woman who he considers soft and voluptuous in figure. It's a matter of preference, like chocolate ice cream or vanilla question.

I would suggest that were another person's preferences to hurt one's pride of self, that maybe one isn't so happy with one's self, either.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I don't see that there's anything wrong with broadcasting the desire for a phys...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

I don't see that there's anything wrong with broadcasting the desire for a physically fit man or woman in one's profile.

Humans are a composite of spirit and matter: what we see materially interests us in what we can possibly see spiritually. Some people are more attracted to other people by looks than others; that doesn't make them more shallow, however, it's only a human quirk.

To see it as unflattering that a man wants a woman who he considers physically fit is like saying it's unflattering if a man wants a woman who he considers soft and voluptuous in figure. It's a matter of preference, like chocolate ice cream or vanilla question.

I would suggest that were another person's preferences to hurt one's pride of self, that maybe one isn't so happy with one's self, either.

--hide--

Well said, Chelsea ! I totally agree.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I don't see that there's anything wrong with broadcasting the desire for a phys...

--hide--

Chelsea . . . great attitude! clap

May 8th 2013 new

--hide--

Well said, Chelsea. Another perspective is that “physically fit” can mean “healthy”. Doctors advice many individuals to keep weight down to prevent unnecessary stenosis or other diseases. Looking good is just a byproduct of keeping healthy. Health is priority.

May 8th 2013 new

If looking for a physcially fit partner is important because that is your lifestyle, why not list it? Why is stating what you are looking for offensive to some? It's an attribute, like other things. Isn't that the whole point of the section "what you are looking for"? Some women should not jump to the conclusion it is all about physcial appearance. The more you let people know what you want, the less games you have to play.

While I don't state directly I want someone "physcially fit", I imply it by the activities I like to do. It does matter that they are nearly as physically fit as I am. I read their profile to see if they are physcially active, look at their pictures, and if there is any communication I ask about those types of things because it is important to me. It's not because I am superficial, but I want to be able to enjoy those activities with someone who isn't out of breath after a little bit of walking.

The reality is people are weedng others on this site for other things as well. How many hits do you get on your profile with no response? I get that almost all the time; views, but nothing beyond. It has to be something in my profile or the pictures they do not like or feel it is not a match. To endure on this site, you have to not take things too personally. People are looking for certain things in particular, and if that is includes "physcially fit", so be it.

May 8th 2013 new

This is a little off topic, but is anyone familiar with this story? This young man worked really hard to lose weight (lost 400 lbs), became very attractive, started dating, found a girlfriend - and then regained most of the weight!

www.youtube.com

I hope he makes it again and luckily for now, he has a nice girlfriend who is sticking with him.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: Ironically, after my first post, an athletic lady viewed my profile. She had "athletic" ...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

Ironically, after my first post, an athletic lady viewed my profile. She had "athletic" as part of her description of her ideal match. My response? Tipped my imaginary hat at her profile picture and moved on.

I don't find it crass for people to put "athletic" or "fit" in their profile. "Fit" I can be. "Athletic", no. I memorize the Bible in Greek, thank you, and that is enough of an endeavor that I will not spend THAT much time on physical tone. If I see "athletic", I move on without wasting my time or hers. Works for me!

--hide--

The Bible in GREEK? Whooooa...I would be too tired to work out too!

May 8th 2013 new

What about the men who say they want a callipygian woman? Is that okay as well? Of course we could list all different body types that we "prefer", but what it really comes down to is PRIORITIES. What is MOST important to you? Now, if you put that you are "athletic" I don't have a problem with it because that is how you view yourself. How many men here would put in their profile that they want a callipygian woman?

Posts 21 - 30 of 101